• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys. Posted then I remembered I had something to do

Can we postpone it another 20 minutes?

My friend and I decided to try it with just the two of us. Ended up killing it. Thought we'd only manage a repel with 2 people. Definitely easier than the first Mohran kill from Tri.

Definitely, would be great to get us all to a similar HR.
Yeah no worries, I'm not in any rush!

Hell yeah, man. It'll be Toukiden all over again.

And what about me! I want to shoot bullets in everyone's face sometime so that y'all will rage at me.

OH MY GOD, SCHER. Didn't recognize you with that avatar. Yes. We need you, too.

Kensuke

Just finished the Chameleos set. With armor charms it gives me 716 defense. Mine has these skills:
HG Earplugs
Status Atk +2
Satus Crit
Windproof (Hi)
Sharpness +1
Trap Master

I wish I had a good Handicraft talisman or something. With a bit of luck I could replace Trap Master for 2 different more awesome skills.

I also made the Cham Insect Glaive. Upgraded all the way it has 837 attack and 480 poison. With Status Atk +2 it becomes 580 poison though. I also have a paralysis glaive for multiplayer.

Damn, I'm ready for the rest of G3.

Gala

Hi MH4-GAF! I'm currently thinking about switching to Bow for my multiplayer party. I'm doing HR3/4 stuff online. What is a good bow and armor to start with with my current rank?

la_briola

Got "error: you are disconnected" message, dunno what happens Lazy/Jim, but anyway... gonna go to sleep now. Thanks for hunting!

edit: router log says "disconnect", welp.

Gaz_RB

Hi MH4-GAF! I'm currently thinking about switching to Bow for my multiplayer party. I'm doing HR3/4 stuff online. What is a good bow and armor to start with with my current rank?

I've been going bow for a while now. I'd use the Gore Bow because you can do the awesome Spread>power shot combo. It wrecks stuff. It's called the entsomethingsomething.
As for armor, just whatever you can for now. Once I hit P Rath, I upgraded to that set.

MrPanic

Just fought Kirin for the first time in the village quest. That had to be the most pathetic fight so far. Using the IG was not a good call on that monster, can't get any combo in on his jumping ass. Pretty much all the damage came from me hitting it with the bug and the cats attacking it, barely got any real attacks in except when it was stunned.

It still died within ten minutes though. >.<

Neku054

Neo Member
zlCfzTBdSM4bLLyvD2

Killed the poor Rathian in the 4 Star village quest, sorta feel bad but now she wont chase me :D, Also might start up a room in a few for HR1-2 peeps (im down for grinding down parts if anyone needs it or something)

Is there any reason not to use the super mushrooms to build the mario/luigi gear for your cat?

Also, how do you get the Dante costume, is that going to be pay dlc or free or something in game to unlock?

Is there any reason not to use the super mushrooms to build the mario/luigi gear for your cat?

Also, how do you get the Dante costume, is that going to be pay dlc or free or something in game to unlock?

Well if you're really indecisive as to which to make....

That's about the only reason. Pick one and do it man.

Kinsei

Banned

Super Mushrooms have no use outside of making that gear.

The materials to make the Dante costume will be the reward for beating a free DLC quest.

Shengar

They look silly on cutscenes?
The stat is really good though, and at least ypu should make Invincible Hammer.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Been farming shagaru for about an hour now.

In the 6 or so kills I did I was only able to cut the tail off once before killing him.

Why is it so hard to cut his tail with a great sword.

Also is it me or can you not use traps in his arena at all?

Daimyo Hermitaur hits really hard even with my upgraded tetsu set. Even his most basic attacks take 1/4 of my health. Do I really have to do his urgent 7 star quest in low rank armor because a lot of six star stuff hasn't shown up yet

Kinsei

Banned

In the 6 or so kills I did I was only able to cut the tail off once before killing him.

I never tried but since he's an elder dragon he'd be immune to them even if you could set them down.

Daimyo Hermitaur hits really hard even with my upgraded tetsu set. Even his most basic attacks take 1/4 of my health. Do I really have to do his urgent 7 star quest in low rank armor because a lot of six star stuff hasn't shown up yet

Yeah you do. Once you've unlocked frenzied Brachydios and Kirin you've done all of the 6* quests you can do.

deim0s

I've gotten tails from caves tho.

Scher

Yeah, you can't use traps in his arena. Nobody wants us to capture a pet elder dragon, it seems.

vehn

Anyone know what to do when you keep getting connection errors in multiplayer? It just disconnects the session but keeps you in the quest

dubq

When I am forging armor, do I want the one with higher defence or the one with elemental resistances? I'm using dual blades..

Cerity

Feel sorry for that Frenzied Rathian I just fought, it tried to fly to another area but landed a level 2 charge on it's leg which brought it out of the air. While it was down I reloaded and landed a level 3 charge on its face, knocking it out. Reloaded my charges and started the charge combo again, it gets out of the stun and starts flying but I manage to land a level 3 charge on it's body bringing it out of the sky again.

CB so much fun.

Kinsei

Banned
I'm doing the early Jaggi legs.. One is greaves and one is leggings. Only the greaves has a skill table, for some reason the leggings skill table is empty..?

First of all the leggings can only be equipped if you're using a ranged weapon so that's off of the table. The greaves give you +2 points towards sharpener, -1 point from lasting power, and +3 to stun.

Honestly you should probably try and hold out for a couple more quests until you can make the Velociprey armor.

dubq

First of all the leggings can only be equipped if you're using a ranged weapon so that's off of the table. The greaves give you +2 points towards sharpener, -1 point from lasting power, and +3 to stun.

Honestly you should probably try and hold out for a couple more quests until you can make the Velociprey armor.
Awesome - thanks for the tip! :)

KdylanR92

I really should've tested if I liked playing Monster Hunter on the new 3ds before I did the system transfer ........now there's 30 hours down the drain.

LProtag

Is the Charge Blade newbie friendly, or would I be focusing more on figuring out the weapon as opposed to learning monster behaviors?

I'm kinda interested in it because I'm not entirely sure I want to stick with Great Sword yet.

jercruz

zlCfzTBdSM4bLLyvD2

Killed the poor Rathian in the 4 Star village quest, sorta feel bad but now she wont chase me :D, Also might start up a room in a few for HR1-2 peeps (im down for grinding down parts if anyone needs it or something)

Yeah that rathian was pretty weak. A few jumping hammer pounds killed it quickly.

Kinsei

Banned
Is the Charge Blade newbie friendly, or would I be focusing more on figuring out the weapon as opposed to learning monster behaviors?

I'm kinda interested in it because I'm not entirely sure I want to stick with Great Sword yet.

For a newbie I can see the CB being very complicated. It really is two weapons in one that you're constantly switching between, and that's not even getting into the guard points, ultra mode, and ultra burst.

LProtag

For a newbie I can see the CB being very complicated. It really is two weapons in one that you're constantly switching between, and that's not even getting into the guard points, ultra mode, and ultra burst.

I watched the tutorial on youtube and I kinda get it, but I can imagine not being able to string everything together in my head during a fight. Theory is different than actually doing something after all.

I think the issue I'm having with GS is that I'm overcommitting to attacks it seems and probably attacking when I should be getting out of the way and repositioning. Also I tend to miss with my big charge attacks a lot, so I'm bad at positioning. Should I switch to something else or try to stick with it?

Kinsei

Banned
I watched the tutorial on youtube and I kinda get it, but I can imagine not being able to string everything together in my head during a fight. Theory is different than actually doing something after all.

I think the issue I'm having with GS is that I'm overcommitting to attacks it seems and probably attacking when I should be getting out of the way and repositioning. Also I tend to miss with my big charge attacks a lot, so I'm bad at positioning. Should I switch to something else or try to stick with it?

Maybe you could try out a faster but still quite powerful weapon like the hammer or long sword.

gah I spent my entire day playing this game lol. I wanted to review some of the material that I learned yesterday in my programming class and also play a bit of evolve but MH just ate all my time, was having a lot of fun(first day i actually got to just sit down and play since I got it day 1). its way better than MH3 which i got bored of in less than an hour. :) well, guess I'll just review my class material before i head to school tomorrow.

Filth

Anyone wanna play ? I Have upgraded armor and weapons but I have half oh hr1 done. Looking for a quick run through 1/2 <3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom