• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerity

CB definitely isn't newbie friendly IMO. There's a large moveset and it's all situational, I'm 25 hours in 76 hunts done and I still brain fart or fat finger pretty often in hunts.
If you do go with it, at very least use the autoguard charm at the start, it'll save your life more than a few times until you start to figure out monsters.

I am not getting the urgent 3⭐ quest to unlock the 4⭐ quest line. Am I missing something, I have finished all 1-3⭐ quests in the village and unlocked 4⭐ but only have two quests and no expedition either?

You probably could just create a gathering hall, post it's ID here and set it to a passcode or whatever, then just add us for long term once we connect to the hall.

Yeah, that seems to be the easiest way to do it. Added your code Tekno if you want to add me through the friends list.

Teknoman

I'm actually surprised that we dont have an "Official GAF passcode", so no matter the Hall ID, if we wanted to join, we'd know the password.

On that note, I dont think i'll ever get tired of MH music. Really makes you feel like you're hunting when battle music kicks in...and the environment view music/ first contact music really fits every situation.

No speech bubbles it was a palicos thing, I miss only having one village hub in MH3U but this game is still awesome!

Thanks for the help

I felt the same until I thought about how nearly instant these load times are and how you can teleport anywhere from anywhere (unless you're online, in which case, no Sunsnug).

I felt the same until I thought about how nearly instant these load times are and how you can teleport anywhere from anywhere (unless you're online, in which case, no Sunsnug).

I am sure I will come around in time, due to the fast loading. I am just used to finishing a quest and then jumping right back into another.

Necrovex

Quick question, I'm interested in possibly picking this up, however a few things are stopping me. I won't be getting a new 3DS for a long time, so I'll be playing on my 3DS XL, and I lack any form of connectable wifi, like the closest source is probably an hour away. Should I wait until I can resolve these two issues? Or is this Monster Hunter single player strong enough on its own?

Well, after hunting
sorry
for this game all over town and being told by a Gamestop employee that it would be impossible, I found a copy in BestBuy. They even gave me a ten dollar gift card as there was apparently a promotion tied to the title. This'll be my first Monster Hunter game ever, I'm a bit weary about online play but the hype from the review thread sucked me in.

Just got to
Cheeko Sands

When do you guys think it's a good time to jump online and start with HR1?

I jumped in way to early in mh3u pretty much jumped online right out of the box which made the village quests redundant and a little boring.😕 so this time around I am going to make my way online after I finish the solo High Rank quests in the village.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
That feeling when you and your weapon are perfectly in sync and you know so much about monster you're fighting.

Fighting Shagaru Magala
roughing him up something fierce
level 3 charge on his face
weapon power goes down
my weapon never loses sharpness on this fight wha?
sudden realization that the next hit will kill him
level 2 charge on his leg
QUEST COMPLETE

Felt fucking awesome

On a side note my 100% caravan quest completionness is keeping me from continuing through high rank until i finish every 6 star quest.

Finally got the game today along with my N3DS and I gotta say this game is so smooth and looks great in 3D, and I don't usually play games in 3D.

I think I'm gonna start with Charge Blade for a bit, seems cool. I'm mainly a Hammer/Lance/GS type of playa.

Jaxter09

Rock solid framerate, some great 3DS textures, barely any load times, way more player/newcomer friendly (haven't played since MHFU), fluid movement and improved verticality, great translation, great 3D effects, and full on online multi? The 3DS needs more 3rd party support like this.

Elija2

Little bit. Try and keep it balanced, or you'll be OP heading into Guild quests.

Man, I'm not looking forward to doing those egg gathering quests again. They've even made them more time consuming!

So, how the heck do you set up an online room for a specific quest?

Quick question, I'm interested in possibly picking this up, however a few things are stopping me. I won't be getting a new 3DS for a long time, so I'll be playing on my 3DS XL, and I lack any form of connectable wifi, like the closest source is probably an hour away. Should I wait until I can resolve these two issues? Or is this Monster Hunter single player strong enough on its own?

It's definitely strong enough on its own.

Between the caravan, expeditions, guild quests and offline guild hall, you will have PLENTY to play and enjoy. I've played for 30 hours and the vast majority has been solo play (probably 2 hours of that are online).

Just know that the guild hall quests are balanced around 2.5 players, so it may be a bit rough in there until you get geared up. :)

Don't worry about the differences between new 3DS and existing 3DSXL. My roommate is playing on an original 3DS and it's great. Sure improved textures, framerate and 3D are nice, but it's nothing to not play the game and wait for.

For WiFi, again, it's not worth NOT playing the game to wait for. If you get it now, and in a few months you get WiFi, then you will be able to go in to the guild hall strong. I just suggest spending some time in the guild hall, even if it will be hard doing it solo. MH online is an awesome experience, so I think when you get the chance to play it after playing solo, you will in love with the game all over again. :D

Man, I'm not looking forward to doing those egg gathering quests again. They've even made them more time consuming!

So, how the heck do you set up an online room for a specific quest?

AFAIK there's no way to say you're doing a specific quest. Just set up the gathering hall appropriately so it says you're doing like 3 star quests or whatever. Then, just grab whatever quest you want and everyone will just grab it, or leave if they don't want to do it. Note you can use the gong to update the room if you change what you want to do (but of course, be kind to the people in the room).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom