• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so in MH3U, there was a Kelbi Horn delivery quest that took all of ten seconds to complete, and was VERY good for getting Moga Farm to just churn crap out like there was no tomorrow. Is there an equivalent quest to this in MH4G? I want to quickly farm all my hunting equipment using the Wycoon.

Bog

Junior Ace
Is it worth farming G. Jaggis early on for the armor or just move on and farm stronger enemies? I haven't run into too much trouble yet a couple expeditions in.

Is it worth farming G. Jaggis early on for the armor or just move on and farm stronger enemies? I haven't run into too much trouble yet a couple expeditions in.

You might need some King Frills later for armor or weapons. I just ran into an issue where I need 4 of them now for a rare 3 sword.

Well, looks like I answered my own question: the very first quest lets you do this easily! Steak doesn't require me to do anything but turn around and drop it in.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So Zinogre still hits like a train. That was pretty close. I took down my first Rathalos with three mega potions and not a single cart, but Zinogre took me nine and two

Teknoman

Wired, Filth, and other person (dunno in game names to match with GAF aside from Filth) nice hunts! Really liked that capture mission at the end, and the launch mount combos. Sorry I got sat on by the Lagombi at the end.

I really like how vertical things can get now, and I know I need to put Nervscylla on farm now lol.

On that note, can we get a Hunter character name section on the spreadsheet or is it too late for that? Not sure if they display hunter names or Nintendo ID names online.

EDIT: Kecha's fake face defense is a nice touch. Are there ecology videos for MH4U?

JimPanzer

Wired, Filth, and other person (dunno in game names to match with GAF aside from Filth) nice hunts! Really liked that capture mission at the end, and the launch mount combos. Sorry I got sat on by the Lagombi at the end.

I really like how vertical things can get now, and I know I need to put Nervscylla on farm now lol.

On that note, can we get a Hunter character name section on the spreadsheet or is it too late for that? Not sure if they display hunter names or Nintendo ID names online.

I believe it's nintendo ID names on your friendlist and hunter names if you are in a lobby with someone

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Is there any good way to make money this time around? My method has always been farming Adamant/Might Seeds and selling them for profit, but the new farm system doesn't really support that as well as the old one did.

So Zinogre still hits like a train. That was pretty close. I took down my first Rathalos with three mega potions and not a single cart, but Zinogre took me nine and two

After all the farming I've done I could fight Zinogre with my eyes closed. Just got him after he's does something, his transitions are very slow unlike say fucking Tigrex

Shengar

Okay, so in MH3U, there was a Kelbi Horn delivery quest that took all of ten seconds to complete, and was VERY good for getting Moga Farm to just churn crap out like there was no tomorrow. Is there an equivalent quest to this in MH4G? I want to quickly farm all my hunting equipment using the Wycoon.

Potion or meat delivery quest? :p

EDIT: Kecha's fake face defense is a nice touch. Are there ecology videos for MH4U?

Yeah, those were some fun hunts. My hunters name is Rudeboy. Pretty sure I played MH3U with everyone who hunted. It's good to play MH with GAF again. It's been a while and it's always a good time. It's great that you can go into a air attack to mount after being launched. Makes me feel slightly less terrible about my habit of sending players flying with my hammer.

I'll have to put my GAF name on my Guild Card if that's possible. Haven't spent too much time customizing it yet.

PKrockin

>Finally got a good internet connection, so I check DLC from the MH4U main menu looking for the bonus items
>Nothing
>Try to check eShop
>"You must update your 3DS firmware"
>Update firmware
>Check eShop
>Download 1.1 update for MH4U
>Boot MH4U, connect to check for DLC
>Can't receive the items from the game's main menu DLC section, must do it from the cat
>Load my saved game and go to the cat
>Try to download starter kit
>"You must associate this 3DS with a NNID" (wtf I did that ages ago)
>Boot System settings
>Agree to everything, log in
>Boot MH4U, load save, go to cat, connect, try to download starter kit
>"You must access the eShop at least once with this NNID first"
>Boot eShop, agree to everything, boot MH4U, load save, talk to cat, connect, download starter kit

Well that was a fun little adventure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom