• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a Rathalos ruby from a shiny! That Azure Rathalos and Seregios battle was great! I think Seregios is too easy though.

My longest and most tedious battle was against Black Gravios, and that's because it was really hard to get the red essence from it with the insect glaive.

How valuable is Sharpness +1 at late low rank/early high rank?

I'm thinking about making the Gore/Ceanataur mixed set, but not sure it's worth the additional farming or not.

I'm getting really jealous of the other weapon types. Everyone has massive swords, gunlances and all manner of cool stuff. I'm stuck bashing monsters to death with a giant bagpipe.

How valuable is Sharpness +1 at late low rank/early high rank?

I'm thinking about making the Gore/Ceanataur mixed set, but not sure it's worth the additional farming or not.

By the time you get the weapons for it to really shine you'll be getting wrecked. Sharpness+1 is more for getting purple sharpness

PKrockin

I'm getting really jealous of the other weapon types. Everyone has massive swords, gunlances and all manner of cool stuff. I'm stuck bashing monsters to death with a giant bagpipe.
How the hell is smashing faces open with a giant coffin while playing a jaunty tune not the coolest thing ever

ohlawd

edit: ^ before

I need some HR armor now

either fight this crab thing to get more HR village quests or have GAF carry me to HR

hmmmmmmm

Not really worth the effort to get at all.
Probably not in early HR, but it's super easy to get once you can fight HR Gore. Mix and match his low and high armor (S helm, low chest, S arms, low pants, S legs) and you get a pretty solid armor set with biology, sharpness, and challenger 2 (and a metric ton of negative fire resistance... Don't use this set against any fire wyvern).

It doesn't require a single plate or gem. Easy peasy.

Question: is there an offline high rank Shagaru? I want to make the Tranquer.

Shengar

edit: ^ before

I need some HR armor now

either fight this crab thing to get more HR village quests or have GAF carry me to HR

hmmmmmmm

Damn, that mean it's LR version :<
I reckon I only able to find HR Garuga from Guild Quest, which is even more suck D:

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Man, I wish I had more time to play this. Got it day one but I only just got to Harth.

Kecha Washa was a fun fight with a goofy monster. Still rocking the first armor, upgraded the Charge Axe up to the first upgrade crossroad.

Next week I'm not working so I'll be playing this ALL FUCKING DAY in my underwear wooooot.

Cerity

Got myself a rathalos plate :DDDD Pretty much gave up on the rathalos chargeblade due to it requiring a plate but hey. Did the HR3 cap quest and there it was.

I'm not entirely sure how it triggered. The fight did take place on the expedition maps. Maybe its random?

there was some talk earlier of monster quests from the guild hall appearing in the caravan ones if you've done them enough times iirc. Could be that.

Beartruck

Alright, halfway through the 3 star quests, and I'm farming the tetsucabra for his full armor set. The health and defense skill boosts on that thing are great compared to what I currently have.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
After so much of the Tri series (Tri, Portable 3rd, and 3U), I'm loving all the new areas and the returning Freedom-era monsters and just everything about this game. There was just something about the Tri series that burned me out on Monster Hunter for a long, long time. But 4U has pulled me right back in and I don't think I've enjoyed a MH game this much since Freedom Unite.

Does anyone want to do the 2 star urgent (gore magalia) for me and my friend (2 times total)? Room number is 13-8642-2284-0303. It's open to first come!

Edit: full now.

Juraash

Farmed up sore Gores tonight and was pretty surprised at the difference between my first encounter yesterday and the runs tonight. The first kill for him was like a 25ish minute fight all my subsequent kills were around 7-8. I smoked him a couple times and cashed out on the great sword since my first kill gave me a plate.

Also attempted a bow hunt on Gravios which was awful. Bow was my go to weapon for monsters like Gravios in MHFU but this early on bowing was painful. Still killed it without carting but holy hell was it slow. Part of it was my own lack of prep though.

Capped the night off with my first Rathalos of MH4U. This guys is an old favorite and I tens to pick him when I want to squeeze in a quick, fun hunt and am short on time. His new moves and what he could do to the terrain in that village quest really mixed him up. It was nice to see him actually throw me off my game again. That being said, I got a pretty epic plunging tail cut and a few great finishing slashes on his face. Since I think he's still low rank for village I probably won't farm him much.

Dreading the Zinogre quest that unlocked at the same time. That monster wrecked my shit so hard in 3U and is probably the monster I had the toughest time with in the whole series. I'm hoping to conquer it proper tomorrow.

Raide

>Finally got a good internet connection, so I check DLC from the MH4U main menu looking for the bonus items
>Nothing
>Try to check eShop
>"You must update your 3DS firmware"
>Update firmware
>Check eShop
>Download 1.1 update for MH4U
>Boot MH4U, connect to check for DLC
>Can't receive the items from the game's main menu DLC section, must do it from the cat
>Load my saved game and go to the cat
>Try to download starter kit
>"You must associate this 3DS with a NNID" (wtf I did that ages ago)
>Boot System settings
>Agree to everything, log in
>Boot MH4U, load save, go to cat, connect, try to download starter kit
>"You must access the eShop at least once with this NNID first"
>Boot eShop, agree to everything, boot MH4U, load save, talk to cat, connect, download starter kit

Well that was a fun little adventure.

I had the same adventure! The bonus gift pack is super useful but the hoops to get started is a little lengthy.

Fun once you get in!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
anyone want to go through HR1 with me? I could do it myself, but the more the merrier

Cerity

Now fights are getting interesting in HR3, just did the zinogre hunt and that was a doozy. Definitely caught me out on relying too much on shield instead of just rolling away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom