• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So I'm here kicking a great jaggis ass but I want the cash for the subquest, so I let it run away so I can get to the area with more jaggia. They don't come out so I whomp on it some more but then I'm like "he's almost done, better just run around" and so I do and I spot a jaggia then MY CAT POPS GREAT JAGGI DEAD.

I guess I have a good sense for when he's almost gone.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
not sure what happened there

24-6789-5050-9714

Kane1345

Morning hunters!

Gaijin hunter has posted a "cool tricks" video which has some interesting things.

Overcoming the frenzy virus by hitting small animals because all attacks count

Parkour off a wall with your weapon out. Evade towards the wall and press A and you'll mount the wall. Press A again to jump off and doing a jumping attack with a chance to mount!

There's another tip for speed running and last one for getting Kelbi horns.

Raide

Well that escalated.gif.

Doing an expedition. Great Jaggi appears. Nothing major, so start to fight him. Yuan Kut Ku appears. Hrmmm. Don't really like him but I have to learn. Taking too long, Jaggi runs off. How annoying. Wait, another Yuan! This is getting messy and get carted. Come back for revenge, Yuan runs off, another Jaggi.

Eff this. Home we go to farm and upgrade!

Blitzhex

My hands are always fairly clean. I wash them several times a day, but there's crazy grime build up on the back of the n3dsxl after playing this game :eek:

Shengar

Soloing a LR Rathalos with Nerscylla SnS took me 25 minutes, wtf
Then again, I try to break all of his body part and failed to wake-up-bombed him due to ioprey and bnahabra fuckers

Kane1345

My hands are always fairly clean. I wash them several times a day, but there's crazy grime build up on the back of the n3dsxl after playing this game :eek:

I get that a bit too. My back plate is also creaking a bit because I get really tense playing sometimes and grip my 3ds lol

Pila

So I'm here kicking a great jaggis ass but I want the cash for the subquest, so I let it run away so I can get to the area with more jaggia. They don't come out so I whomp on it some more but then I'm like "he's almost done, better just run around" and so I do and I spot a jaggia then MY CAT POPS GREAT JAGGI DEAD.

I guess I have a good sense for when he's almost gone.

Ahah, classic. One time my minion in 3U killed a freaking savage Jho... I was like: "Dude, you take away from me all the joy of delivering the last hit, now what, you want to carve it too?". ^^

Just played maybe one hour yesterday ( . .) I finally met Congala and Zamtrios. I still have to forge a great sword in this game, say GAF what's a good one in low rank?

Fistwell

Ahah, classic. One time my minion in 3U killed a freaking savage Jho... I was like: "Dude, you take away from me all the joy of delivering the last hit, now what, you want to carve it too?". ^^

Just played maybe one hour yesterday ( . .) I finally met Congala and Zamtrios. I still have to forge a great sword in this game, say GAF what's a good one in low rank?
Haven't played GS since 4, but I'd say gore magala's GS is propably a decent choice. I remember liking it a lot.

Pila

Haven't played GS since 4, but I'd say gore magala's GS is propably a decent choice. I remember liking it a lot.

Thanks, I hope it looks cool because that's what I really care about tbh ^^ I was a big fan of the lucent narga GS in 3U just because it was oh-so-cool (and purple sharpness yeah, that was good too).

Fistwell

Thanks, I hope it looks cool because that's what I really care about tbh ^^ I was a big fan of the lucent narga GS in 3U just because it was oh-so-cool (and purple sharpness yeah, that was good too).
I think it's one of the nicer looking gore magala weapons. I like the GS and the LS. But hislance and LBG I find absolutely atrocious.

Shengar

One of the greatest thing that Kayamba did to me is having a Lagia Sapphire in his loot inventory.

Kane1345

yeah my back plate on the n3ds xl is a bit loose to on the left side, so annoying

I wouldn't say mine is loose but it's definitely where the creaking sound emanates from. I get a bit weird about things like that though, always think it's one step shy from the whole backing cracking and breaking -.- lol

JimPanzer

Dear god, I've been playing for the past 15 hours.

woah, haven't had such a long session, but I'm always a bit shocked, when I see my playtime...currently 72 hours. I got the game since last wednesday, but even so, that's nearly 10 hours a day oO

I wouldn't say mine is loose but it's definitely where the creaking sound emanates from. I get a bit weird about things like that though, always think it's one step shy from the whole backing cracking and breaking -.- lol

ye, not really loose, just not as solid as the rest. I think it's the place above the battery, maybe they have some room their because of the heat

Kane1345

Dear god, I've been playing for the past 15 hours.

funny-gif-rabbit-bunny-falling-asleep.gif

Raide

After 8 or so hours, I am enjoying it but I tell you what, the New 3DS nub is beyond useless. What a poor design. Its not accurate enough for me to trust using it and I never know how much pressure to put on it to move around. Would rather have another thumb-pad like the left is. So frustrating to use, sometimes I don't even bother with it.

I picked up this, Ace Combat, and Majora's Mask all at the same time.

I'm a HUGE Zelda fan. Zelda tattoo and all.
I've got 2 hours in Zelda. 21 in MH.

I...I think I like this game. This is the first MH I'm actually getting into, which is neat.

JimPanzer

After 8 or so hours, I am enjoying it but I tell you what, the New 3DS nub is beyond useless. What a poor design. Its not accurate enough for me to trust using it and I never know how much pressure to put on it to move around. Would rather have another thumb-pad like the left is. So frustrating to use, sometimes I don't even bother with it.

whaat? I'm loving it, prefer it over the circle pad (or a 2nd thumb pad). Only wish we could adjust the speed the camera is turning as it's a bit too slow for my taste.

Kane1345

I honestly have no problem with it BUT my girlfriend hates it and finds it unresponsive so she uses the auto camera, so I can see why you might have issues with it.

Raide

whaat? I'm loving it, prefer it over the circle pad (or a 2nd thumb pad). Only wish we could adjust the speed the camera is turning as it's a bit too slow for my taste.

Maybe I am missing something then. It just feels off. Maybe because its new but since I don't know how far the stick goes, I can never gauge where I can move it and at what speed it will go.

Agreed. I use ZL and ZR for camera.

I picked up this, Ace Combat, and Majora's Mask all at the same time.

I'm a HUGE Zelda fan. Zelda tattoo and all.
I've got 2 hours in Zelda. 21 in MH.

I...I think I like this game. This is the first MH I'm actually getting into, which is neat.

Awesome. MH needs more players.

JimPanzer

Maybe I am missing something then. It just feels off. Maybe because its new but since I don't know how far the stick goes, I can never gauge where I can move it and at what speed it will go.

I'm using it in combination with the lock-on. I've set my camera preferences to not adjust the vertical level automatically and to not adjust to the terrain. So lock on only swings horizontally. With the nub I adjust vertical and some fine adjustments for horizontal.

Fistwell

It's been pretty spotty for me. Works well sometimes. But if I have the slightlest amount of crap on my thumb, tiny little bit of sweat or grease, then it's all over. Sometimes the horizontal axis will still sort of work (although I have to swing the nub as hard as I can), but the vertical axis is useless until I clean up/dry up my thumb and the nub itself. All in all, I'd much, much rather have a second slide pad.

Never played MH before, just bought a new 3ds and have a fair few games to get through as it's my first Nintendo handheld since the Gameboy Colour lol. Anyway I'm interested in this but is this game noob friendly? It looks pretty neat but I fear it might be a little overwhelming for me.

Reknoc

I thought I would have more trouble with the Zinogre and Rath quest but Rathalos has been a non-entity during my fight with Zinogre, didn't even need dungbombs, so I killed Zinogre with ease on the bus. Will take on Rathalos during my lunch, with 1 less cart and no food buff bleh.

It's great, but it's weird, not what I was expecting the nub to be at all. Keep at it you'll eventually get used to it. Not like it's massively necessary though, I only tend to use it for small adjustments or scanning for gathering points.

edit:
It's been pretty spotty for me. Works well sometimes. But if I have the slightlest amount of crap on my thumb, tiny little bit of sweat or grease, then it's all over. Sometimes the horizontal axis will still sort of work (although I have to swing the nub as hard as I can), but the vertical axis is useless until I clean up/dry up my thumb and the nub itself. All in all, I'd much, much rather have a second slide pad.

Yea, this is a huge problem though. Tried playing it after getting out of the bath but that nub was having none of it.

Kane1345

Never played MH before, just bought a new 3ds and have a fair few games to get through as it's my first Nintendo handheld since the Gameboy Colour lol. Anyway I'm interested in this but is this game noob friendly? It looks pretty neat but I fear it might be a little overwhelming for me.

It's the most beginner friendly game in the series so far. I think you'll be ok and if you have any questions we're all here. I suggest you try the demo too

Pila

One of the greatest thing that Kayamba did to me is having a Lagia Sapphire in his loot inventory.

I think the dude picked up a ruby one time IIRC, they know how to win your love. <3

I'm loving my circle pad pro tbh. Look at its back:

Lpv4nKA.jpg

It IS ugly, it IS heavy as fuck. It's also comfortable, it's almost as good as having, you know, a traditional gamepad, hands never hurt after long sessions, right stick is legit. I'm very happy it works with this game, I could buy it even if I had a New 3DS...

H1PSTER

I've hunted Rathlos 8 times so far and I've still not gotten a plate.

Please... I hate grinding in games but I seem to endure it in this one! Please give me that plate soon ;__;

Shengar

Please... I hate grinding in games but I seem to endure it in this one! Please give me that plate soon ;__;

Take a break from hunting the same monster if you're solo. Try anything else or retry it with different weapon.

I was on a Velocidrome Guild Quest (level 1) and after I completed I got awarded a weapon called Frontrider Lance, it says "Rusted" on its stats. I can't upgrade it nor can I equip it. Any help?

I was on a Velocidrome Guild Quest (level 1) and after I completed I got awarded a weapon called Frontrider Lance, it says "Rusted" on its stats. I can't upgrade it nor can I equip it. Any help?

Once you move on through the village questline you'll be able to un-rust it at an NPC.

It's time to move on, son. Plenty of grinding ahead when you reach G-rank, no need to go crazy so soon.

Shengar

what are the quests that upgrade food ingredients in the guild?

Quoting denshuu's post
Here's all the kitchen upgrades.

GRAIN & VEGETABLES
1. The Stinking Seltas: Hunt a Seltas (2-star village quest)
2. Najarala Hunt: Hunt a Najarala (4-star village quest)
3. Rathalos Renovation: Capture a Rathalos (5-star village quest)

MEAT
1. Bite Your Tongues: Deliver 6 Popo Tongues (2-star Gathering Hall quest)
2. Advanced: Purge and Binge: Hunt a Tetsucabra and a Zamtrios (3-star Gathering Hall)
3. Apes of Wrath: Hunt a Kecha Wacha and an Emerald Congalala (4-star Gathering Hall quest)

FISH
1. Road Work: Capture a Gendrome (3-star village quest)
2. Pick Your Poison: Hunt an Iodrome (5-star village quest). Finishing this quest will unlock the villager request "Street Cook" at the Wycoon cart.
3. Hunter's Heaven: Hunt a Tigrex and a Zinogre (3-star Gathering Hall quest)

DAIRY
1. Shipshape Skin: Hunt a Gypceros (3-star village quest): Doing this mission unlocks the Villager Request "Milk Does a Hunter Fine" at the Wycoon cart.
2. Hanging by a Thread: Hunt 2 Nerscylla (4-star village quest)
3. Egg-straction: Final Mission: Deliver 3 Wyvern eggs (6-star village quest) This questline starts with the 2-star village quest "Chip off the Old Blockade"

DRINK
1. Splendid Sootstone: Deliver 4 Sootstone ores (4-star Gathering Hall quest)
2. Pyres Beware: Hunt a Rathian and Rathalos (5-star Gathering Hall quest)
3. Advanced: Heaven and Earth: Hunt a Pink Rathian and Azure Rathalos (6-star Gathering Hall quest)

Source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom