• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

windfish

Maybe I am missing something then. It just feels off. Maybe because its new but since I don't know how far the stick goes, I can never gauge where I can move it and at what speed it will go.

I was hating it at first too and it felt pretty inaccurate. My mistake was that I always tried to push the "stick" from one point to another, I am now just laying my thumb on the center of the nub and shifting "weight" and it works pretty good...well.. most of the times! Not sure if vertical movement is supposed to give more resistant but it seems to react not as fast and needs a little more force to work.

MrMuscle

Anybody ever gotten a collection quest to bug out? Im doing the Crystal Bone Collector and after mining all nodes im one bone short. Ive been running around for 15 minutes trying to see if there is a node im missing, but nothing so far. Any suggestions?

How disruptive is the CB to other hunters? When I swing it around in big arcs causing explosions everywhere I must be upsetting people, but I can't see whats happening.

Also, how useful is the artillery skill for CB? Does it increase damage or KO power? I finished a low rank set with artillery god last night.

Just got to HR 4
Using a Great Sword, just wondering what I should aim for.

I got full low rank Testucabra and low rank Rathian armor.
Finally got a Gore plate to get his Great Sword.

Worth it to farm Dah'ren Mohran for his armor set? or just try to get high rank Testu armor
So I can farm other stuff?

How disruptive is the CB to other hunters? When I swing it around in big arcs causing explosions everywhere I must be upsetting people, but I can't see whats happening.

Also, how useful is the artillery skill for CB? Does it increase damage or KO power? I finished a low rank set with artillery god last night.

It can get pretty disruptive in my experience, but so can a lot of other weapons.

Fistwell

Anybody ever gotten a collection quest to bug out? Im doing the Crystal Bone Collector and after mining all nodes im one bone short. Ive been running around for 15 minutes trying to see if there is a node im missing, but nothing so far. Any suggestions?
Some of them respawn, if you're on that hollow/cave map, I think some nodes respawn in areas 3 and 8 (off the top of my head).

I play with 2CB users, just don't get on the opposite side of the head when I'm charging up a lvl GS attack and you'll be fine.

I haven't noticed to much side to side friendly fire or we just naturally move far enough apart to not notice.

Kuntz

I still have 5 hours at work and all I'm thinking about is "I need 2 more zamtrios fins to complete my lobster set and get evade+1 and evade extender".

:(

Reknoc

At lower sharpness mounting is pretty much necessary for Gravios, 2 mounts will break his back but 2 after that will break his stomach.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the hunts Feebastic and Qurupeke. HR2 yeay!

PKrockin

I see Gravios is still just as shitty as it was in MHFU. Boring as fuck punching bag with crap hitboxes.

Fuck the dunes. Cephadrome and Monoblos back to back. Spent half of each fight just chasing them while they were underground.
What? They brought back Cephadrome? Why, exactly? That's probably the shittiest, most pointless monster in either FU or 3U. Hope you have/remembered Sonic Bombs, or else you get to either abandon quest or chase it around for literally 10 minutes. Enjoy its design and moves which are the exact same as all the Cephalos swimming around.

And why even have Monoblos when you have Diablos who is actually fun?

What? They brought back Cephadrome? Why, exactly? That's probably the shittiest, most pointless monster in either FU or 3U. Hope you have/remembered Sonic Bombs, or else you get to either abandon quest or chase it around for literally 10 minutes. Enjoy its design and moves which are the exact same as all the Cephalos swimming around.

No sonic bombs. I threw my 3DS which luckily landed on my couch after carting on Monoblos lol. Mad as fuck. Either he's underground or above ground his enrage is "Imma just run around in circles and when you think I've finally stopped I'm gonna tail swipe." rinse and repeat. Oh yeah his head is super hard too and deflects green sharpness. Literally crafted my thunder charge blade right before as far as it'll go right now and it still deflected

The worst part about Cephadrome is there are cephalos around and from a distance they look exactly the same lol

Think that's enough for today.

Cerity

Yeee, HR4. Dah'ren Mohran was a cinch. Thought it'd be a little harder to solo. Time to finally start crafting HR gear.

At lower sharpness mounting is pretty much necessary for Gravios, 2 mounts will break his back but 2 after that will break his stomach.

Yup, outside of that I managed to break his shell around his legs so I could still hit him with green sharpness.

PKrockin

No sonic bombs. I threw my 3DS which luckily landed on my couch after carting on Monoblos lol. Mad as fuck. Either he's underground or above ground his enrage is "Imma just run around in circles and when you think I've finally stopped I'm gonna tail swipe." rinse and repeat. Oh yeah his head is super hard too and deflects green sharpness. Literally crafted my thunder charge blade right before as far as it'll go right now and it still deflected

The worst part about Cephadrome is there are cephalos around and from a distance they look exactly the same lol

In a way, I'm glad y'all are getting a little taste of what it's like to play Freedom Unite. lol

Lombax

Banned
I'M TOTALLY NOT OBSESSED WITH CRAFTING A FULL SET OF JAGGI GEAR....NOPE...

This game!

Question:
Are there any armor / wep recommendations for those of us who choose to use dual blades?

Cerity

I still remember the recipe for sonic bombs thanks to the 2nd gen games, even though I probably haven't crafted them since.

bobohoro

No sonic bombs. I threw my 3DS which luckily landed on my couch after carting on Monoblos lol.

I'd recommend a punching pillow or stress ball, don't rage on your gaming equipment! You can also doodle Monoblos' face on those things.

That said, I'd like some monster cover plates for the N3DS, blown-up Zamtrios would look great on the thing. :D

And after one day of hunting on my N3DS I really have to say: WOW. The framerate especially makes the thing worth it, buttery smooth. Didn't expect quite such a large difference. The C-stick is kinda akward, it's workable for MH and might even be really good, but it definitely takes some time to get used to it. Overall it really is a nice reworking of the hardware and if you are spending several 100s of hours on MH4U you should think about getting one.

Still, I hope there is some kind of grip for it down the line, longer play sessions can get tiresome.

Oh, and still no gore feelers. At least it's a fun monster to fight and I'm learning my guard points at the same time, but having more plates than I ever will need is a pretty new feeling.

Shengar

S'not finding the hall.
I guess it was set to private then :/
I'd take Plessy over Devilhoe anyday.
Hey come on! Deviljho isn't that bad. Plessy may have hipcheck, and tailswipe, but Deviljho only got dragon breath, wide-ass tail swipe, rock throw, pin attack...
Wait this is not right
Personally at least, Deviljho is a much better opponent if you have all the tool to fight him

That sounds like hell, glad your 3DS landed safely.
Think I must now add sonic bomb to my over-preparation list

Kinsei

Banned
I see Gravios is still just as shitty as it was in MHFU. Boring as fuck punching bag with crap hitboxes.

Monoblos is so much better than Diablos it's not even fair to compare them.

Leezard

I'd recommend a punching pillow or stress ball, don't rage on your gaming equipment! You can also doodle Monoblos' face on those things.

That said, I'd like some monster cover plates for the N3DS, blown-up Zamtrios would look great on the thing. :D

And after one day of hunting on my N3DS I really have to say: WOW. The framerate especially makes the thing worth it, buttery smooth. Didn't expect quite such a large difference. The C-stick is kinda akward, it's workable for MH and might even be really good, but it definitely takes some time to get used to it. Overall it really is a nice reworking of the hardware and if you are spending several 100s of hours on MH4U you should think about getting one.

Still, I hope there is some kind of grip for it down the line, longer play sessions can get tiresome.

Oh, and still no gore feelers. At least it's a fun monster to fight and I'm learning my guard points at the same time, but having more plates than I ever will need is a pretty new feeling.
Are the feelers rare? I got one on my first hunt of gore and didn't think anything about it.
Are plates more rare than feelers?

pronk420

whats pinecone monster called? I can't wait to get to meet that, i already played 4 in japanese but didn't get too far (well, like 30 hours... but thats not far for MoHo).

Still can't beat Gore Magala without carting once. I seem to do the best with the Insect Glaive, so I'll guess I'll just stick with the Glaive for now. I really want to make the Gore Magala Glaive, but I can't get his feelers. I'm HR2 online now though, maybe I'll keep playing online 'till Gore shows up and then farm him online.

bobohoro

Are the feelers rare? I got one on my first hunt of gore and didn't think anything about it.
Are plates more rare than feelers?

Feelers aren't that rare, it's just desire sensor kicking in. You got them 100% for breaking its horns in rage mode and have a 15% chance to get on by capturing.
Plates usually are the rarest part of monsters in LR and still are pretty rare in higher ranks. Gore Mangala plates for example have a 5% chance to be gotten off a body carve, 4% for a tail carve and some lower percentages for breaking the head, shiny drop and quest reward.

If anyone wants to farm some gore online (or wants to do the urgent to rank up) I'd be down right now. Just keep in mind that I'd like to capture the damn thing if possible.

Shengar

Feelers aren't that rare, it's just desire sensor kicking in. You got them 100% for breaking its horns in rage mode and have a 15% chance to get on by capturing.

I still remember how I raise my 3DS in anger after carved a scale from its tail three times in a row.

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
Do I just buy both the Powercharm and the Armorcharm and take them with me or what's the deal with those?

Ristlager

So what am I doing wrong with the mounting? I think i managed to trip one monster after maybe 20 efforts. I hold the r button and mash the x button when the head is green and yellow, and just hold down the r button when it is red, which it is almost the whole time. And then I get thrown off every time.

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
So what am I doing wrong with the mounting? I think i managed to trip one monster after maybe 20 efforts. I hold the r button and mash the x button when the head is green and yellow, and just hold down the r button when it is red, which it is almost the whole time. And then I get thrown off every time.

Hold R the entire time and mash X only when the head is green.

Leezard

Plates usually are the rarest part of monsters in LR and still are pretty rare in higher ranks. Gore Mangala plates for example have a 5% chance to be gotten off a body carve, 4% for a tail carve and some lower percentages for breaking the head, shiny drop and quest reward.

If anyone wants to farm some gore online (or wants to do the urgent to rank up) I'd be down right now. Just keep in mind that I'd like to capture the damn thing if possible.
All right, thanks.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
You don't need to hold R when stabbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom