• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cob32

Do I just buy both the Powercharm and the Armorcharm and take them with me or what's the deal with those?

Yea you get a little boost for having them in your inventory. In the old games you could combine them with other materials for an even further boost. Not sure if that's in this game aswell.

Shengar

Hold R the entire time and mash X only when the head is green.

You need to pay attention to your stamina though as it deplete when the monster try to shake you off. Sometimes it necessary to not hold R for a moment to recover your stamina.

Yea you get a little boost for having them in your inventory. In the old games you could combine them with other materials for an even further boost. Not sure if that's in this game aswell.

Yeah, you can upgrade them by combining with Deviljho's Talon IIRC

That's in this game too.

Where? Caravan quest?

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member

Okay, thank you. Yeah according to Kiranico you can upgrade them.

I read that I also should do it (press x)when its yellow? But thats not correct?

No, only mash X when it's green. If you hit X when it's yellow, it will become red.

You need to pay attention to your stamina though as it deplete when the monster try to shake you off. Sometimes it necessary to not hold R for a moment to recover your stamina.

I haven't really paid attention to that, but I've never had a problem with mounting for now. Good point though.

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
Another question, do armor skills and food buffs stack? For example Defense L from armor and Defense L from food.

tuffy

Another question, do armor skills and food buffs stack? For example Defense L from armor and Defense L from food.
Most of them do. I think there's a couple of food effects that don't stack with armor skills, but those are rare and I can't remember them offhand.

Shengar

I haven't really paid attention to that, but I've never had a problem with mounting for now. Good point though.

Yeah if you have max stamina bar, it wouldn't happened or noticeable (unless the monster somehow went into full annoying mode, which happened rarely). But in case you mounted them with smaller stamina bar, you've got to pay attention to it.

Well then, I watched a video on how to use the Charge Blade at its fullest and now it's my favourite weapon ever.

Oh wait, that swing after an overhead Great Sword charge attack does the same amount of charge damage at no cost?

Charge Blade is my second favourite weapon. GS is still the GOAT.

tuffy

What are you suppose to do when you're pinned down? There's that red bar on the bottom, what is that indicating? Thanks!
You can wiggle the stick and press buttons to try to escape faster. But it's best to have some dung bombs in your inventory (which are still usable while pinned) in order to escape.

Pics_nao

Fuck Monoblos. Took me grinding out pink Rath armor to even take a hit from him. Once I did get it all he'd do is dig underground anyway.

Fought Gravios last night, and I guess it was a situation where I just had the right equipment at the right time, because he just melted in under 10 minutes.
Was using the Royal Turrent LBG, which has rapid fire Water S.

Because of that fight, I was able to get the Grenade Launcher+. Rapid fire Crag S for the win!! Turning 9 explosions into 27 and breaking parts like nobody's business.

I REALLY need some help with Pink Rathian. Seriously.
The big to learn about pink rathian in the directions she attacks in. Keep your distance and watch what direction she for instance does her little fire breathe to, and learn the tell for the poisonous flip. It can be a really tricky fight if you're caught off guard by the small, but significant changes to the normal rathian, but after a few successful hunts, you'll be laughing at how much you struggled. Pink rathian used to be the first monster where I felt like -I- leveled up after a while, rather than my hunter. Definitely comes with a great sense of accomplishment once you realise it.

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
I am new to MH.

Is the game playable if I play it single player only?

You can solo everything in the game (even the multiplayer stuff, but it's obviously harder solo). But playing with others is more fun!

Pila

I am new to MH.

Yes it is, it has a pretty long single player mode. Multi player missions can be done solo too but they're kinda hard that way.

Game is pretty good with a couple friends, give GAF a chance if you can/want. =)

I am new to MH.

That's how I've been doing it so far. My internet keeps getting random packet loss so I keep DCing, so it's only single player until it gets fixed.
Definitely very fun single player. I think it's probably a good thing to play a good deal of single player because you get tutorials on the items/weapons/mechanics, and more acclimated to the monsters. That way when you go online (if you decide to), you're not running around clueless.

ultron87

Is it hard to cut off tails with the Switch Axe? I feel like I've been hitting tails a lot and gotten nothing. Maybe I'm just used to Great Sword cutting power from maining that in 3.

I'll most likely be fighting a Rathalos tonight for the first time. For anyone that played MH3U, would you say he's easier or harder or about the same?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I'll most likely be fighting a Rathalos tonight for the first time. For anyone that played MH3U, would you say he's easier or harder or about the same?

Uhm...he was super easy for me, but everything's been easy for me so far except the first GM fight. If you've fought him before you'll be fine. If you haven't...well...stay away from the end with the fire in it

emb

Finally got started last night. Still don't know what weapon to run with; I'll probably watch some videos today.

It's been so long, I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing. And that's kind of a great feeling.

tuffy

I just got to Rathalos in single player yesterday, and I'd say he's going to be harder at first because of all the new moves he's gotten. Prepare to be surprised - but in a fun way!

MrPanic

From mh3u to mh4u, all the monsters are easier to beat in low rank. I pretty much killed him in the first area on my first try probably because of my experience with mh3u.

A bit more difficult. He has the ability to poison with his talon attack (it has some insane homing at times) and I feel like he stays in the air a lot more. Closer to Azure as standard.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So when does the wycoon let me trade for diablos parts to build the low rank set?

I've already killed brachy and he doesn't have low rank diablos parts for trade or anything.

wiibomb

its a bit more difficult as other said, yes... but just a bit

and you will find more problems with the azure rathalos, that thing just doesn't know when to stop doing the poison talon attack, it's insane at moments

So when does the wycoon let me trade for diablos parts to build the low rank set?

I've already killed brachy and he doesn't have low rank diablos parts for trade or anything.

diablos is only G-rank, and you actually fight it

Reknoc

Just realised this game doesn't have that low star village mission where you gather shit and oh damn here's the big bad!

edit: it does have an alternative though I guess, but that was just sort of, really annoying.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
diablos is only G-rank, and you actually fight it

Yeah but kiranico lists a low rank set
http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/armor/head/diablos-helm

Look you can trade for brach parts
http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/item/diablos-shell

But I have a ton of brach parts and no option to trade. Do I have to clear 6 star quest or something?

Edit: Wow looks like I answered my own question, you need to clear 6 star quest Advanced: Dragon's Din. Which I've been ignoring lol since I thought you only had to do the brach urgent whole lava love.

Raide

Finally got started last night. Still don't know what weapon to run with; I'll probably watch some videos today.

It's been so long, I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing. And that's kind of a great feeling.

Do the Training modes and see which weapons you like the feel of.

wiibomb

Just realised this game doesn't have that low star village mission where you gather shit and oh damn here's the big bad!

that quest is a bit odd, but its there, if you have already made the ship, here's where it is:

spoilers, don't look if you haven't made out of Harth:
where you are crossing the sea to reach Cheeko Sands, Gore Magala attacks your ship out of nowhere

Yeah but kiranico lists a low rank set
http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/armor/head/diablos-helm

Look you can trade for brach parts
http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/item/diablos-shell

But I have a ton of brach parts and no option to trade. Do I have to clear 6 star quest or something?

Edit: Wow looks like I answered my own question, you need to clear 6 star quest Advanced: Dragon's Din. Which I've been ignoring lol since I thought you only had to do the brach urgent whole lava love.

oh I didn't know that! that's quite useful, thanks for informing me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom