• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Renewed

Didn't want to deal with the hassle of getting a group together to help me with my urgent Dalamadur quest so I tried taking it on solo. After a million attempts I was finally able to defeat it at the last minute. I'm never trying that again.

I feel that about urgents in general (gathering people to help). Back with Dally I just soloed it and was done with it. Then learned of Ukanlos and thought I'd get some help, but that didn't end well.

And then the endless wipes on my G3 urgent. Finally found a random that stuck through and helped me afterwards. Now I'm just hesitant to play and I only come back for DLC stuff.

Is it that time of night where all the damn terrible randoms are online?

Edit: not one room I've joined has completed any quests so far, be it Gog or Rajang.

Edit: not one room I've joined has completed any quests so far, be it Gog or Rajang.

Damn, if I wasn't going to bed I would quest with you. Put my Star Knight armor to the test. I'll be around some time tomorrow though.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

I bring Star Knight to Gog randoms because I know I can just mount it for days to clear it.

Damn, if I wasn't going to bed I would quest with you. Put my Star Knight armor to the test. I'll be around some time tomorrow though.
No worries, I'll survive this somehow.
I bring Star Knight to Gog randoms because I know I can just mount it for days to clear it.
Actually a guy did just that, it's just the other two derps brought charge blades and tried to block the YOLO beam.

Randoms online are getting pasted by this Fire Drill quest. I actually had to beat it solo after everyone disconnected (but not before leaving me with two deaths, thanks guys). All I need now is Black Diablos and then the urgent.

Wolfe

Man I never have as much trouble with randoms as I see people (be it here or somewhere like Gfaqs) talk about online.

Feel free to post up a room if you'd like some help with anything you're having trouble with, if I'm available I'll gladly jump in and lend a hand.

tm24

this armor set is beautiful.

Challenger +2, Rodeo God, Sharpness+1, Constitution+1, Steady Hand, and I still have 9 slots left counting the two on my Hazy Caster and one on my talisman.

tm24 real bro
Holy shit what kinda talisman are you rocking? Handicraft +6/Constituion +8? That set is sexy

Trying to decide what to gem in. Kinfa hard since i can use 2 GSes, either the cera or the sedition. Cera needs sharpness so i probably stick with critdraw. Sedition kets me play around with critdraw and focus so far. Wonder if dropping focus for HGE is worth it. So hard to go back to not having HGE.

upandaway

Made a set with Charm Chaser/Gathering God/Speed Gathering, turns out I only needed one High-quality pelt. Who knows how long it'll take to get to the charmer +13 head thing so I'll just stick with this. I lucked out with a Charmer +6 OOO charm.

I also wanna make a Sharpness +1 set for G Rank before starting it, but not sure how to go about that.

Leezard

Made a set with Charm Chaser/Gathering God/Speed Gathering, turns out I only needed one High-quality pelt. Who knows how long it'll take to get to the charmer +13 head thing so I'll just stick with this. I lucked out with a Charmer +6 OOO charm.

I also wanna make a Sharpness +1 set for G Rank before starting it, but not sure how to go about that.

Rebellion up is all right. You'll get Sharpness +1 thrown at you all the time in G rank sets though.

Wolfe

Man I don't care what anyone says about the Metroid armor, I love it. I don't have any super rad charms so mine only has: Wellness - Sharpness +1 - Rock Steady - Divine Blessing - Tremor Res. But the best part? The noises made while jumping/evading! XD

I have just beaten the Great Jaggi and the Seltas. Obviously the beginning of the game is there to teach you, but it was constant fetch quests and it was getting a little boring. The Jaggi fight however was the first time it was like a hunt, I know it is another easy fight, but gave me a flavour of what's to come. The Seltas fight was very easy and felt like a step backwards.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Looking at the stats, I wonder if the Varia Suit is actually pretty decent G-Rank gunner armor. Obviously the skills aren't great, but paired up with the Arm Cannon, it seems like it could be passable.

Holy shit what kinda talisman are you rocking? Handicraft +6/Constituion +8? That set is sexy

Lol. Nah but actually kinda close, it's a Handicraft (3) Constitution (7) with one slot. So without gems on that armor, I get to 7 points in each. Then I put the Artisan Jewel 3 into the helmet and Physique Jewel 2 into the arms and that gets me the two activated. Now I've just done a bit of grinding on G. Rathian and I have Divine Protection on this armor too, because the protection gems are all one slot and give you +2 into that ability.

I have just beaten the Great Jaggi and the Seltas. Obviously the beginning of the game is there to teach you, but it was constant fetch quests and it was getting a little boring. The Jaggi fight however was the first time it was like a hunt, I know it is another easy fight, but gave me a flavour of what's to come. The Seltas fight was very easy and felt like a step backwards.

The hunt becomes the main thing very quickly. The starting tutorial quests are just to familiarize you with some of the basic mechanics of the game, of course.

The hunt becomes the main thing very quickly. The starting tutorial quests are just to familiarize you with some of the basic mechanics of the game, of course.

I am looking forward to a few more challenging hunts. I think I am going to enjoy this game a lot. I can also see it becoming a huge time sink.

Leezard

Is there anything nice that pops up in G1? I really only care about the defense upgrade and S+1

If all you want is the S+1 you can get something simple mixed:

Veloci X/Basarios X/Kecha X/Veloci X/Gypceros Z will give you S+1 in G1 but I don't know if you get anything else. Better stuff shows up quickly in G2/G3 though.

upandaway

If all you want is the S+1 you can get something simple mixed:

Veloci X/Basarios X/Kecha X/Veloci X/Gypceros Z will give you S+1 in G1 but I don't know if you get anything else. Better stuff shows up quickly in G2/G3 though.
Hmm... yeah that seems like a lot of effort and a bit deep into G1, might as well skip it.

Heck I'm gonna be playing online anyway so how hard would the G1 quests possible be, I might just keep on trucking with my Gravios set till G2...

jorgejjvr

Damn, how many times can you upgrade the Star Knight Armor? Most end game armor maxes out at around level 15 but the star Knight armor just keeps going!

-Alternis

Edit: It's level 18 guys, a single piece ends with 151 defense, as much as elder dragon armor (Daora, Chameleos and Teostra)

-Alternis

Excuse me as I proceed to flip every table on earth. Trying to solo this super aggro version is uh hard. I barely have time to hit two extracts before he's on me again. And the chip damage, my god I'm not used to seeing my health go down so fast just from him turning :/

tm24

AWWWWWWWWW YEAH. Got one B.Diablos run in and got all my horns and chines to make the the final 2 upgrades on the Cera GS! Now to get some Zenith gems and figure out what to hone it too

jorgejjvr

I tend to appreciate the little skills more than huge ones like Attack up XL.
So this is my set:

Challenger +2
Rodeo God
Steady Hand (Razor Sharp and Mind's eye)
Divine protection
Speed sharpening
Sharpness +1

I particularly like it because it has all the Sharpness skills in one, which is quite rare.

-Alternis

I tend to appreciate the little skills more than huge ones like Attack up XL.
So this is my set:

Challenger +2
Rodeo God
Steady Hand (Razor Sharp and Mind's eye)
Divine protection
Speed sharpening
Sharpness +1

I particularly like it because it has all the Sharpness skills in one, which is quite rare.

-Alternis

That is a sick "little" set.

jorgejjvr

That is a sick "little" set.

Really? You think so? It's just that I've seen others prioritize things like HG earplugs or attack so I don't know xD But yes, that set is absolute wonders for insect glaive in so many ways. I don't even have to worry about Sharpness, especially since most end game blades have long bars, I almost never sharpen (and when I do it's instant). I love everything about it.

-Alternis

so I need some Garuga tail to upgrade my db...
proceed to hunt Garuga...
5 hunts later...
5 x Garuga Scale (10%) from carving tail...
desire sensor at work :(

I have just retired my low rank Kirin armor. :(

Now it's time to rock the Guild set!
Fuck that triple Tigrex arena challenge.

4xtNkvo.jpg
EUuQvGC.jpg

Purdy

At what point do you get a hunter rank on your guild card?

I've just beat that big spider boss and build the 'whale'' boat in Harth

Beats

Is it me or is the online community dwindling?

I found almost 0 rooms wanting to do the new DLC etc.

Hard to tell since there aren't really any online player numbers like in 3U on Wii U and the game only ever shows a max of 5 pages of rooms no matter what you search. I don't think private rooms show up in search, so there's that too.

I haven't really had any trouble finding Event Quest/DLC rooms though.

Top Bottom