• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Today I made the full Stygian Zinogre armor set. Which is strange ... because I kinda really hate fighting Zinogre and just spent all night doing just that for armor that has 2 big weaknesses but is really good against Dragons..

Gonna call it my "Gore-2" set.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Ugh, Large Elder Dragon Gem...all I need for my Grand Mizuha set, and they're just not dropping.

And you need these goddamn things for a bunch of endgame equipment? Fuck.

Leezard

Finally I get a decent Relic GS.

1728 Raw, -10% affinity.

3 slots, natural purple, 660 fire element if awakened.

Rogue Sedition is great, but I think I might switch to this.

Why are palicos actually completely fucking useless when you're pinned by a monster.

Savage Deviljho, they just stand there saying one of their stupid quips but they don't actually attack at all! It's completely up to you to waggle out of it, and my arm is actually starting to hurt from doing that so many times!

Were the assists always this bad?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Alright, so I got the Grand Mizuha set. And it's really good, but...I feel like I should start playing status if I want to make the best of it's skills (specifically Status +2 and Status Crit). What would be the best way to go about this? I would imagine SnS, but I'm not all that great with SnS. I mean I can use it, but it's not one of my preferred weapons. Switch Axe seems decent for status too, I suppose, and I like using it, so I guess that's a possibility? There's also the matter of not knowing which status I should go for. Sleep, poison, paralyze, and blast all have their uses...yeah, this is confusing, heh. Well, more that I'm just indecisive, I suppose. No matter what I choose, I'm gonna have to do a lot of farming, since I don't have too much in the way of status weapons at the moment.

tuffy

Why are palicos actually completely fucking useless when you're pinned by a monster.

Savage Deviljho, they just stand there saying one of their stupid quips but they don't actually attack at all! It's completely up to you to waggle out of it, and my arm is actually starting to hurt from doing that so many times!

Were the assists always this bad?
They've always been useless about getting the hunter out of a pin. You'll pretty much have to bring your own dung bombs to get yourself out of a pin right away, and maybe bring combines for more if necessary.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Fighting Savage Deviljho without dung bombs was one of the worst mistakes I've ever made in MH. :lol Didn't faint or anything (that I can remember), but fuck was it frustrating.

Are you guys familiar with this relic shit? I hate it and I have a few questions about it! :)

I have a relic Dayspring Braces (Rare 3 Mohran Armguard) in my equipment box but apparently you can't get Mohran relics on expedition quests. Is that correct? How did I even get this piece of armor? Is it possible for me to find the rest of this relic set? If so, how?

Finally, what's the point of equipping relic armors? Because from my understanding, using a relic piece on a complete regular set would only break the skill points.

Please help me.

Ultrabum

Are you guys familiar with this relic shit? I hate it and I have a few questions about it! :)

I have a relic Dayspring Braces (Rare 3 Mohran Armguard) in my equipment box but apparently you can't get Mohran relics on expedition quests. Is that correct? How did I even get this piece of armor? Is it possible for me to find the rest of this relic set? If so, how?

Finally, what's the point of equipping relic armors? Because from my understanding, using a relic piece on a complete regular set would only break the skill points.

Please help me.

They are mostly for super late game armor sets. At the endgame, all of the best sets are mixed from multiple monsters. Also, late game some really good skills can appear on relic armor in high numbers, like edgemaster +4 for example.

Edit: also the relic weapons are generally better than the relic armor, with some of the best weapons in the game being relics. For example, I have a 1800 dmg hammer XD

A quick question. Should I be killing or leaving the random palicos you encounter? There were a few in the first area and now on my first expedition.

They are mostly for super late game armor sets. At the endgame, all of the best sets are mixed from multiple monsters. Also, late game some really good skills can appear on relic armor in high numbers, like edgemaster +4 for example.

Edit: also the relic weapons are generally better than the relic armor, with some of the best weapons in the game being relics. For example, I have a 1800 dmg hammer XD

Thanks. And would you know where I found that Mohran relic? That's a big mystery to me.

Ultrabum

Thanks. And would you know where I found that Mohran relic? That's a big mystery to me.

The relic armor that has to be polished is randomly generated according to some rules. Yours was the mohran skin, but the skills and stats are independent. This becomes very important to some people late game, trying to get cool looking stuff.

As for where you got it, some of the early missions have you do expeditions, which drop this random generated loot. You didn't accidentally kill a mohran XD

Alright, so I got the Grand Mizuha set. And it's really good, but...I feel like I should start playing status if I want to make the best of it's skills (specifically Status +2 and Status Crit). What would be the best way to go about this? I would imagine SnS, but I'm not all that great with SnS. I mean I can use it, but it's not one of my preferred weapons. Switch Axe seems decent for status too, I suppose, and I like using it, so I guess that's a possibility? There's also the matter of not knowing which status I should go for. Sleep, poison, paralyze, and blast all have their uses...yeah, this is confusing, heh. Well, more that I'm just indecisive, I suppose. No matter what I choose, I'm gonna have to do a lot of farming, since I don't have too much in the way of status weapons at the moment.

DB are best for status I believe because of the many hits. Sometimes I bring my felyne and melynx ++ on multiplayer hunts, just for kicks. I can usually get 4 or 5 paralyzes in. I don't think status works on the really big monsters though so watch out.

Ultrabum

DB are best for status I believe because of the many hits. Sometimes I bring my felyne and melynx ++ on multiplayer hunts, just for kicks. I can usually get 4 or 5 paralyzes in. I don't think status works on the really big monsters though so watch out.

Lots of really big things can be paralyzed too though!

See fatalis Sleep: http://i.imgur.com/MzAzxHL.jpg

Paralysis: http://i.imgur.com/YBu0NN3.jpg

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/340ymu/fun_facts_about_fatalis/

I never thought I would see the day where we two manned a Molten Tigrex without carting lol

That's cause we're awesome.

*edit: I'm so lost on my next set of armor or weapons I should be going for. Maybe I should make the Uka armor so I can have more mixing options in the future.

Wolfe

So I got a neat looking relic chest a while back and a new charm recently that finally allowed me to make the basic set I wanted with it.

Honed blade+steady hand plus one other skill (depending on the legs I use, currently I have evade extender as my third skill) or a couple of the 2 points per socket skills.

Looks kinda ok too for a mixed set.
r1mNtsm.jpg

Just hit G3 last night and immediately joined a G3 room with the Quagmire Quarrel Gog quest. We beat him silly. I dont actually see the quest yet because I just hit G3. Does that work like any other urgent where only the quest taker actually gets the completion? Was fun regardless.

Ultrabum

Just hit G3 last night and immediately joined a G3 room with the Quagmire Quarrel Gog quest. We beat him silly. I dont actually see the quest yet because I just hit G3. Does that work like any other urgent where only the quest taker actually gets the completion? Was fun regardless.

Correct, only the person that posts it gets "credit"

So I got a neat looking relic chest a while back and a new charm recently that finally allowed me to make the basic set I wanted with it.

Honed blade+steady hand plus one other skill (depending on the legs I use, currently I have evade extender as my third skill) or a couple of the 2 points per socket skills.

Looks kinda ok too for a mixed set.

What chest is that?

Dragonhide X, came from a Cham GQ. This one has a 5 edge lore jewel.

I think it was Cham at least.
That's awesome. I wouldn't mind wearing that if it had that bounty hunter ability since who would say no to more rewards right?

So I have an ace ticket but the Sororal stuff isn't appearing. Is this one of those gender armors and the male version is the Ace set?

Yup, female hunters gets ace gunner and us guys get to live our lives like the ace commander.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Finally beat The Master's Challenge with the Chaos Gore SnS. Only carted once to Jho and didn't really use many healing items. I did go through all my Farcaster items though. Now for some honed weapons finally. I'm only G3, so these were the first Apex Monsters I've fought since story Steve.

Top Bottom