• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Been a while since I played and was hoping to get some tips/ideas on where to go right now...

Currently wearing Velociprey S armor with Usurper's Thunder hammer. I don't really have any idea what I should be focusing on next for my next hammer or my next armor set.

Beats

Made a set for rapid firing Pierce 2 shots:
Bonus Shot
Pierce Up
Evade Extender
Challenger+2
Crit Eye+1

I'm using the Nether Phloxion LBG. It's fun rapid firing even though it's a bit risky and I'm not used to having so much more mobility compared to HBG lol. I'm not sure if I should keep Bonus Shot though. If I get rid of Crit Eye+1 and Bonus shot I can throw in Attack Up (L). :>

tuffy

I'm using the Nether Phloxion LBG. It's fun rapid firing even though it's a bit risky and I'm not used to having so much more mobility compared to HBG lol. I'm not sure if I should keep Bonus Shot though. If I get rid of Crit Eye+1 and Bonus shot I can throw in Attack Up (L). :>
I just finished the Nether Phloxion yesterday!

I figured I may as well leave Bonus Shot on it since it's essentially an anti-Akantor gun that might be useful on some other large, sluggish targets. The "average" rapid-fire delay on pierce shots makes them way too dangerous to use on anything fast. Plus, a LBG's fast sheathe/unsheathe speeds makes it easy to chase down those huge burrowing monsters - or avoid them.

super ukanlos? What rank is that?
yeah I'm noticing that as well. I had a room up to do the Metroid dlc and no dice
Like tuffy said, it's G3.
G3's "Silver Cataclysm"

I've got a LBG set designed specifically for Ukanloses, but I've yet to finish that quest because he one-shots hunters left and right. It's brutal.
It's true, I myself have been in the wrong spot then blam! Ice beam to the face. Or I get rolled into a corner with low health and there's nowhere to go since his chip damage is more than enough to kill ya. Most of my runs when I died also had another guy killed at the same time.

MildSoss

Seriously need to get back into this game. Kind of hit a wall at dalamadur and stopped playing but mostly due to my real life friends being bad at the fight.

They mostly quit cause they find it too hard after being used to 3U. lol

Wolfe

Just saw it thanks! not really useful outside of sharpness +1 and tremor res but ill just go for it because it looks cool lol

Yeah Status Resist (Wellness) is pretty rad and a lot better than people give it credit for. Love it for fighting Cham and never getting stunned/paralized/sleeped is always welcome. But on the flip side while Rock Steady is nice it's just the low level of each respective skill so you'll not think about it until you fight something that has a high roar or wind pressure :p

I have a mid range handicraft charm (+4 with 3 sockets, throw an artisan jewel in and it becomes a straight +7 handicraft [albeit with minus 2 sharpness from the jewel]) and with a 3 socket weapon and waist was able to gem in the rest of handicraft plus 2 of the easy 5 slots = 10 points skills, which as I mentioned I chose tremor res and divine protection.

All in all it ends up being a decent set at least with some nice defensive abilities and 1 really good offensive one. I love how it looks and sounds and outside of it being a 4 piece set it's got great defense.

Now it's time to rock the Guild set!
Fuck that triple Tigrex arena challenge.

4xtNkvo.jpg
EUuQvGC.jpg

Looks rad! I always like the sets you can make with arena coins but the arena itself is a hassle for me since I don't really like doing them with randoms generally. Also did they not bring the guild bard (or whatever it was called) armor from 3U back? Much prefer the looks of that set to the one you made (I still like both version though!)

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Seriously need to get back into this game. Kind of hit a wall at dalamadur and stopped playing but mostly due to my real life friends being bad at the fight.

They mostly quit cause they find it too hard after being used to 3U. lol
You should all just watch the tutorial video; once you know what to do, it becomes easy enough.

TIL you can just craft Heavy and Strong armor spheres.

That's amazing. Anyone want to farm LR Dah'ren for armor stones with me?

I know it's pretty easy to get the armor spheres outright through G-quest missions but I have a lot of extra ore lying around from my Allfire farming.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I was looking around for the Blanka Palico armor, unable to locate it. I thought surely it'd be listed around the Chun-Li armor. Nooooope. Should have figured being a low rank Konchu quest, it would be low rank armor. Doesn't matter though, it looks awesome, so I'll be using it.

On the subject of the Samus armour, I quite like it as a Gunner set. It gives you good all around resists and because it doesn't have a waist, you have many options about other skills you want to put into it. I don't have a great Gunner charm right now, but I ended up with Wellness, Bonus Shot, Rock Steady and Partbreaker. Really the earlplugs from Rock Steady, even though they're nerfed from Wii U, are enough for many, many monsters in this game. The Armor Cannon is a decent LBG as well. Anything that can shoot rapid Crag is great and the amount of elements it can shoot is impressive. Shame it can only load one Para 2 shot naturally. But three slots, a bit of defense on it, not bad.

I want to do some of the non-key quests of HR 1, 2 and 3. :)

Join me if you are interested: 51 8188 7304 3219

You know you gonna need these mats sooner or later.

Elija2

Took down the Ukanlos solo as well. Now I'm finally G-Rank, which means I gotta grind for new weapons, armour, gear...it's so overwhelming!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Can anyone tell me how to get Caravan 6 stuff unlocked? I have a silver check on Caravan 5 and have nobody to talk to to get more quests.

jorgejjvr

My gosh, The Ultimate Kinsect is absolutely insane! Definitely the best bug to go for with the insect glaive. So useful. It's great for the buffs to be bigger and last around 3 minutes.

-Alternis

Oh man, some of those quests were scary but we did it! Thanks to everybody who came to fight the super monsters. Taking down Uka and Gog after so many fails with randoms really makes a difference. Maybe i'll look into making Lao armor.

Oh man, some of those quests were scary but we did it! Thanks to everybody who came to fight the super monsters. Taking down Uka and Gog after so many fails with randoms really makes a difference. Maybe i'll look into making Lao armor.

You know, if i had waited for you guys to attack him a bit more, I might have been able to finish that fight with the Dragonator. That would have been way cooler of a conclusion...

Top Bottom