• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Renoir

I think after you take down Gog, that would really be "end game," although you are basically able to do most fights at this point. Own you take down Gog and get a crown, I believe it allows you access to all hunts.

The final square icon is if they have changed the color of the armor.

Edit:
AsZ2Ycf.png

Square/ diamond thing in the helm,what is that? I change my armor color before and I don't see that.

Ohnonono

The Wycoon should soon be available for your material farming needs, if he isn't already. Combine herbs and blue mushrooms to make potions, and combine potions with honey to make mega potions. Eventually you'll be able to buy regular potions outright so you'll just need to provide honey. But the basic healing items should all be farm-able as long as you keep having him multiply stuff.

I have the Wycoon guy. I guess I will try to figure out how he works if that is my primary method of not having to go on weed picking quests for basic stuff.

tuffy

I have the Wycoon guy. I guess I will try to figure out how he works if that is my primary method of not having to go on weed picking quests for basic stuff.
"Multiply Items" should be the first item on his list of things. As long as you have at least one of something multiply-able, he can make more of it over a series of game days (one game day per quest) in exchange for Caravan Points (which are acquired through expeditions and such). This is less essential in low rank since you get a lot of supplies for free at the start of quests, but becomes more essential as the game goes on and those initial supplies go away.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
"Multiply Items" should be the first item on his list of things. As long as you have at least one of something multiply-able, he can make more of it over a series of game days (one game day per quest) in exchange for Caravan Points (which are acquired through expeditions and such). This is less essential in low rank since you get a lot of supplies for free at the start of quests, but becomes more essential as the game goes on and those initial supplies go away.

I wish he made food, I hate having to go farming for raw meat. It's not something I do a lot, or more than once, but it's still annoying.

tuffy

I wish he made food, I hate having to go farming for raw meat. It's not something I do a lot, or more than once, but it's still annoying.
One of the free DLC updates adds a new page to his inventory with raw meat as one of the items. It's a perfect way to stock up in bulk. Though I've gotten enough raw meat in rewards from running harvest tours that I've never had the need to.

Rawk Hawk

You can make the switch to Energy Drinks. Honey+Nitroshroom or Hot Pepper+Sleepyfish.

At least the first is Wycoon'able, well now that I think about it, I think it is?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
One of the free DLC updates adds a new page to his inventory with raw meat as one of the items. It's a perfect way to stock up in bulk. Though I've gotten enough raw meat in rewards from running harvest tours that I've never had the need to.

Yea, it's not really an issue for me either as I tend to stock up whenever I go farming for ore or bugs for an armor set. It's just something that's always bugged me a little bit. Glad to hear they added it.

You can make the switch to Energy Drinks. Honey+Nitroshroom or Hot Pepper+Sleepyfish.

At least the first is Wycoon'able, well now that I think about it, I think it is?

I think nitroshrooms are. Maybe.

Finally! Good grief.

Oh my god, this Gunlance set I made is absolutely magnificent against Ukanlos! He barely damaged me the entire fight while I had my block up, and I could vault over him if he started to chase me down. Currently using the Luna's Sun and discovered that with this armor set, I only need a one slot weapon to get Artillery God.

Click the arrow to see.

His beam still hits like a truck though.

upandaway

I've gone on a wycoon strike ever since I saw there's an award to amassing a certain amount of caravan points. I think 100k or something like that.

Been poking around with some lances now, give the GS a break for a little bit. Took some time to reorient to guarding emphasis but I'm getting back into the groove. I really dig that run/hop mounting capability and the counter attack.

Wolfe

But I think regular Earplugs should be fine for Rath, it's only the really large monsters that need HG, right?

Forgot to respond to this point earlier but there are a handful of monsters that have both high and low roars based on if they're raging or not (I assume). Only noticed this due to use of a few sets with Rock Steady which gives regular earplugs.

Not a big deal most of the time but just something to keep in mind, Gravios is an example.

I will say that even with a great hearing charm it sucks that it's such an expensive skill.

Agreed, I love the skill but I've only gemmed it into one of my sets (have a few that have it naturally) due to how costly it is.

You're in luck, at least on a male hunter this set looks good. The only complaint I have is the helmet which is doofy, but that's the Mirlais look for you. What was that honed set you built?

I actually realized last night that while I'm rocking the C. Fatalis CB the belt I was using was doing nothing for me as I wasn't using the sockets so I swapped the GX Hunter belt in and am using Focus for the hell of it (as opposed to no 4th skill at all, not enough empty sockets for 5 gems).

In the end I'm rocking:

Rebellion Helm (Relic, +3 edgemaster)
Rebellion Mail X
GX Hunter arms/waist/legs

Which gives:
Challenger +2
Honed Blade
Evade Extender
Focus

Granted I'm using 4/5 pieces that are unreleased DLC and a 4 edgemaster 1 socket charm so I know this set isn't necessarily easy to throw together.

Edit: But it looks cool, and in the end that's what really matters.

Shaggy armor doesn't look half bad, I made it on a whim and thanks to my charms from doing those GQ's I can actually activate Benediction and boy does it work wonders.

Wolfe

Shaggy armor doesn't look half bad, I made it on a whim and thanks to my charms from doing those GQ's I can actually activate Benediction and boy does it work wonders.

I'm just not big on skirt style waists, especially long ones like escadora or the G shagaru one. Funny enough the Relic Arc armor looks pretty rad.

Edit: what does benediction do again?

I'm just not big on skirt style waists, especially long ones like escadora or the G shagaru one. Funny enough the Relic Arc armor looks pretty rad.

Divine Protection + Healing item boost (i forget the skill name).

I got a relic that gives me +5 and looks great, now I just have to decide on which Handicraft +2 arms I want to use. I kind of like Mizuha for the Hearing and Wind Res options, but they just look dumb.

tuffy

Benediction's a Divine Protection/Recovery Up combo skill.

Two slot weapon
Arc Helm
Arc Mail
Grand Mizuha Sleeves
Relic (Prayer+5)
Arc Greaves

For general purpose I'll end up with Sharpness+1, Latent Power +1, Challenger +1, Constitution +1, and Benediction. For Frenzy monsters, I'd switch the gems out for something else after the Frenzy Res gem goes into the Greaves. Constitution +2? I can't make the gems for more Gloves Off right now.

onionfrog

Anybody doing anything?
I wouldn't mind taking a break from this tedious offline relic grinding...
Forever searching for that elusive high raw, natural purple greatsword

Going through each caravan quests very slowly. Khezu's strange. At first I thought my game was broken.

Not doing guild quests until I git gud.

Two slot weapon
Arc Helm
Arc Mail
Grand Mizuha Sleeves
Relic (Prayer+5)
Arc Greaves

For general purpose I'll end up with Sharpness+1, Latent Power +1, Challenger +1, Constitution +1, and Benediction. For Frenzy monsters, I'd switch the gems out for something else after the Frenzy Res gem goes into the Greaves. Constitution +2? I can't make the gems for more Gloves Off right now.
Is that one of those dragon x waist pieces from my quests? :p you forgot to show people the tail.

upandaway

I almost had a heart attack when I upgraded to the Cera Cigil and saw I had 4 hardhorns (I did Diablos like, 3 times total). I could easily upgrade to the Cera Cymmetry on the spot.

I remember hunting Diablos for days trying to get a single hardhorn in 3U. I'm surprised they upper the % so much this time.

Feels good to have it. Been using a 12xx GS for a while now, and all of a sudden I jumped to 15xx.

Ragus

Banned
I'm on 7* quests buf I noticed that I can fight Dahren Mohran for the second time in 6. Is it required to fight him for the 2nd time to unlock key quests? I have really hard time with him.

Is that one of those dragon x waist pieces from my quests? :p you forgot to show people the tail.

I'm going to assume so since I don't go relic hunting. I think it's a Dragonbarbs or something like that.

Oh yeah, that's probably the best part of this armor! I'm going to assume so, I think it's a Dragonbarbs or something like that.

Tarps

I almost had a heart attack when I upgraded to the Cera Cigil and saw I had 4 hardhorns (I did Diablos like, 3 times total). I could easily upgrade to the Cera Cymmetry on the spot.

I remember hunting Diablos for days trying to get a single hardhorn in 3U. I'm surprised they upper the % so much this time.

Feels good to have it. Been using a 12xx GS for a while now, and all of a sudden I jumped to 15xx.

Congrats! I've been rocking the Cymmetry with Diablos X armor for a week or so now, and it's great, although I wish the purple was a touch longer with Sharpness +1.

After getting my G-Rank Crown using only GS, I've decided I should branch out, and I spent last night rocking out with HH. So far it's great, although i randomly ended up in a room with two other HH users - a bit overkill!

Greddleok

Is there a point I'll have to do multiplayer?

I heard that my SP progress will stall soon and I'll need to get into the MP. Is there some sort of indication when I'll need to do this?

Wolfe

Two slot weapon
Arc Helm
Arc Mail
Grand Mizuha Sleeves
Relic (Prayer+5)
Arc Greaves

Sounds good, I'm actually pretty partial to constitution myself (and +2 even more) even though I have it on so few sets and only +2 on Regios X I think. Feel like I have stamina for days in that armor. I remember first time I noticed not having constitution was getting tired climbing up the large pillar during the Dala fight.

Speaking of stamina how did the Stamina skill work in 3U? I could have sworn loving it while using hammer in 3U but in 4U it always feels underwhelming when I use it. Maybe I'm looking through rose colored glasses but something doesn't feel the same about the skill, unfortunately I no longer have my copy of 3U to check it against. I feel like constitution is stealing it's thunder now.

Chuckpebble

So seregios melee weapons sharpen a bit after evading 5 times, and the bowguns reload a round after each evade, but what does the bow do? Is there something special about it only having 2 charge levels?

So seregios melee weapons sharpen a bit after evading 5 times, and the bowguns reload a round after each evade, but what does the bow do? Is there something special about it only having 2 charge levels?

It powers up Close Range Coatings to be equivalent to Power Coatings, essentially giving you 40 more Power Coatings. (You still need Load Up to get the best damage.)

Tom_Cody

I'm on 7* quests buf I noticed that I can fight Dahren Mohran for the second time in 6. Is it required to fight him for the 2nd time to unlock key quests? I have really hard time with him.
You're at a weird point where the game gives you quest in both 6-star and 7-star. The simplest answer is that all the stuff in 6-star is optional, so you can just move onto 7 if you want to continue to progress through the game.

The 6-star stuff you're seeing is essentially post-game content for Low Rank and the 7-star quests are High Rank. To complicate things further, if you progress online as well, you will eventually unlock High Rank missions in 6-star. This had been post-game content from Monster Hunter 4 but it's now kind of just a weird hiccup in 4 Ultimate.
http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/quest/caravan/6

Tom_Cody

It powers up Close Range Coatings to be equivalent to Power Coatings, essentially giving you 40 more Power Coatings. (You still need Load Up to get the best damage.)
To modify what he said slightly, you can only carry 20 CR coatings, so it effectively gives you 70 PCs. PCs give a 50% power boost, so this is actually quite useful.

Regarding Load Up, this effectively a skill penalty. Similar to how you essentially need to use Razor Sharp or Steady Hand with the Seregios Blademaster weapons in order to compensate for their sliver of highest sharpness.

One more thing regarding the coatings. The bow's melee attack does cutting damage. It ignores element so it is only based on raw. It also gets a boost from close range coatings. The end result is that the Sergios line of bows are the best at cutting tails, which I actually needed to do occasionally when I was playing offline only.

tuffy

Does anyone know of reload speed affects siege mode deployment speed for HBG?
It doesn't. For instance, the Gravios Gigacannon's reload speed is glacially slow when reloading normally, but it still goes in and out of siege mode at the same speed as any other weapon.
Speaking of stamina how did the Stamina skill work in 3U? I could have sworn loving it while using hammer in 3U but in 4U it always feels underwhelming when I use it. Maybe I'm looking through rose colored glasses but something doesn't feel the same about the skill, unfortunately I no longer have my copy of 3U to check it against. I feel like constitution is stealing it's thunder now.
The Marathon Runner skill used to reduce stamina use for non-evasion, non-blocking, non-switch-axing to half speed, but now it's only for things that "continuously drain stamina, (such as dashing)". That's probably how it was intended to be used all along. Though I've heard that it's not even much good for dashing anymore which is a shame.

Rawk Hawk

Nice thanks Beats, always like giving feedback on stuff like this.

I haven't been able to find the final fantasy armor online, still early, but if anyone gets a chance to do the fight throughout the day, post what the skill are. Always sucks being stuck at work during DLC day!

(Side note, this reminded me it's probably time to cancel my FFXIV sub, since I've basically only been playing this, haha)

Top Bottom