• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

tuffy

Pretty sure the Final Fantasy armor is the Rage set and has no waist piece, so:
  • Expert +15 (Critical Eye +2)
  • Avarace +10 (Bounty Hunter)
  • Tenderizer +10 (Weakness Exploit)
  • Handicraft +6
  • Sharpness -6
or
  • Artillery +15 (Artellery Expert)
  • KO +10 (Knockout King)
  • Loading +6
  • Reload Speed -6
with some pretty dreadful elemental resistances all around.

Rawk Hawk

I saw on reddit that it was thought to be the rage set, but Kiranco had it with Avarace of +11, so I was hopeful maybe it wasn't accurate.

Well may be a fun one to use on my easier hunts for loot, think even carving has some points into it, but don't think that could really be a go to set for me.

tuffy

Kiranico's slightly confusing because they've added a "dummy" waist piece which I don't think actually exists. Put it into the armor builder, take that piece out, and the skill numbers look more realistic. It does look a bit gimmicky, but that seems to be normal for the event armors released so far.

The final fantasy set is obviously designed to be a set for loot gathering, something you'd use if you didn't want to go through making Avarice gear from the Relic armors, with the tradeoff being fuck you levels of defense. Having some points in Handicraft is nice, having flexibility when it comes to your waist choice is cool, and for a Normura design it actually looks pretty good.

But I'm going to be doing the Palico armor quests today. Get my Isabelle and Dante on.

Ulthwe

I got the Vulcanis GS by mining in a mission. Didn't plan on using a GS but you can't escape fate! I've heard great things about the slime status from Adam, so that's a plus too.

I've got the mats to upgrade it too, should I dip?

Anura

I wish the star knight stuff would come out soon. I got a set lined up that would give me sharp+1, bounty hunter, challanger +2 and enlightened blade. Needs the arms though

brau

I wish the star knight stuff would come out soon. I got a set lined up that would give me sharp+1, bounty hunter, challanger +2 and enlightened blade. Needs the arms though

Just look for someone here to host the quest. Some people around have it. I was lucky to run into someone that had it. I am still missing one SS Tix. haha

tariniel

Anyone feel like killing Shah Dalamadur? I need 1x S.Dalamadur Gazer which is break head / head carve, to make my Rebellion Helm.

The armor was shown at the end of the video but the quest wasn't. There's speculation it'll show up in next month's DLC. Though it's possible someone here will host it before then for anyone who wants it early.

Ah, that's too bad. It's good armor! Too good.

This might be a weird place to ask, but does anyone have a Seltas Queen figure builder I could negotiate a price or trade for? It comes out of those blind grab boxes. I can't seem to find one on Ebay or Amazon like I did for my palico and Zamtrios figures.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Finally beat G solo Dahren mohran! It was lot easier when you use an electric switch axe. Also got a Lrg elder dragon gem to complete my grand mizuha set. Will probably need a status weapon to make that set viable.
This might be a weird place to ask, but does anyone have a Seltas Queen figure builder I could negotiate a price or trade for? It comes out of those blind grab boxes. I can't seem to find one on Ebay or Amazon like I did for my palico and Zamtrios figures.
I have seltas but no queen.

Tom_Cody

Ah, that's too bad. It's good armor! Too good.

I bought one blind box at NYCC last fall and ended with a Seltas, lol. Not a Seltas Queen, just a tiny Seltas. It is meant to be mounted onto the Queen, but it is tiny by itself.

xzqxmxG.jpg

I would totally buy more of these if I had more free shelf space. God help me if they ever make Monster Hunter Amiibos.

Finally beat G solo Dahren mohran! It was lot easier when you use an electric switch axe. Also got a Lrg elder dragon gem to complete my grand mizuha set. Will probably need a status weapon to make that set viable.

I have seltas but no queen.

I suggest the Shrouded Nerscylla CB. Great sharpness even if you can't get Sharpness+1 on it, great affinity, and procs sleep real easily.

God help me if they ever make Monster Hunter Amiibos.

Say goodbye to more lorries.

Anyone doing any Event quests right now? Would like to get a few I missed out on from the past few months. I only got Chun-Li Palico so far.

Okay I mean the skills.:p

Pretty sure the Final Fantasy armor is the Rage set and has no waist piece, so:
  • Expert +15 (Critical Eye +2)
  • Tenderizer +10 (Weakness Exploit)
  • Handicraft +6
  • Sharpness -6
or
  • Artillery +15 (Artellery Expert)
  • KO +10 (Knockout King)
  • Loading +6
  • Reload Speed -6
with some pretty dreadful elemental resistances all around.

tuffy

Where's your proof?

Just saw someone make a set and here's one of the maxed equipment pieces:

CGv95nPUcAA3f5R.jpg

Stop spreading misinformation around.
Interesting! The skills are a match for what Kiranico has according to somebody on GameFAQs, but it looks like the defense and resistances have been switched around. Apparently the Japanese version had a couple of Torso Up pieces and those got adjusted in the transition also. It seemingly has no slots at all though, which is disappointing.
Is there a use for true armor spheres?
They can make high rank armor a bit more viable, but that seems to be about it.

Fucking Apex Diablos. Don't have any way to play with anyone at the moment! I mean, I COULD solo it, but the drive wystone runs out WAY too fast for solo play.

Shengar

The worst part of my exam is already passed, so I thought I could reward myself by hunting some stuffs with folks here later.

Also I decided to use my Edgemaster+4 OOO charm with Grand Divine Ire+Kujula Grip to make my very first Honed Blade set ever. Doesn't look really bad, and I thought GDI mask is pretty cute.

Bonus fanart that makes too much sense

I'm so close to killing Gogmazios. I made the Doomfang Envoys dual blades and the Chaos Gore Magala Armor. I'm in the process of giving my palicoes G Rank gear so they can be of actual help in the battle (timed out again even after hitting it with ALL dragonators AND the demolisher, but I got it to the 2nd phase in 26 minutes). Would Challenger+2 or Sharpness+1 be better for the Doomfang Envoys?

upandaway

My game just... crashed?

It froze for a second and then the 3DS told me the game closed and the system needs to restart. (I was looking at my hunter card)

Hope I didn't lose anything

Qurupeke

After the latest Jojo episode, I want the Jojo palico...

Edit: Star Knight armor in the next update?

Also, great stuff this time. Red Fatalis, DMC and AC Palicoes and Tetsuya Nomura armor.

Stealth Edit: 24-1807-6587-0722, Pass: 0001 for Nomura stuff and other event quests.

After the latest Jojo episode, I want the Jojo palico...

Edit: Star Knight armor in the next update?

Also, great stuff this time. Red Fatalis, DMC and AC Palicoes and Tetsuya Nomura armor.

Stealth Edit: 21-1807-6587-0722, Pass: 0001 for Nomura stuff and other event quests.

Can't find the room.

Rawk Hawk

Only need an Immortal Reactor now to finish up the Brachydium armor, starting to get that buyers remorse thinking maybe it won't be as good as I hope for. But I'm interested to test out Potential+2 as my "defense" skill. I usually use evasion for obvious reason, but hoping this will provide enough of a buffer, with some offensive upsides if played well.

But without the reactor, I could use a torso up piece in my waist and end up with fairly similar end results, which obvious benefits to the 3 slot chest. Playing with ideas and seeing if maybe that's just a better idea entirely.

I really should install Athena's software, just normally do my armor planning on breaks at work and don't want to put it on my work PC, haha.

Beats

Only need an Immortal Reactor now to finish up the Brachydium armor, starting to get that buyers remorse thinking maybe it won't be as good as I hope for. But I'm interested to test out Potential+2 as my "defense" skill. I usually use evasion for obvious reason, but hoping this will provide enough of a buffer, with some offensive upsides if played well.

But without the reactor, I could use a torso up piece in my waist and end up with fairly similar end results, which obvious benefits to the 3 slot chest. Playing with ideas and seeing if maybe that's just a better idea entirely.

I really should install Athena's software, just normally do my armor planning on breaks at work and don't want to put it on my work PC, haha.

The full set is a nice set to use on Expeditions if you gem in Fortify (increases attack and defense when you faint and works twice). You get a huge attack/defense boost when it's all activated. When I want to get lots of caravan points or 5 monster kills I usually use that set.

Rawk Hawk

I used a lot of hit and run with him, leaving areas to heal and even ran back to the bed on foot a couple times. I've farmed him a dozen or so times to help get his armor, so it definitely gets easier, but the first time I basically hit and fled over and over.

Farcasters and combines were brought even to help me out.

The full set is a nice set to use on Expeditions if you gem in Fortify (increases attack and defense when you faint and works twice). You get a huge attack/defense boost when it's all activated. When I want to get lots of caravan points or 5 monster kills I usually use that set.

Hmm yea I can see that being nice to have. I'll give it a shot and see how it all goes. If only Savage would show up in a stable environment, by himself.. man..

Top Bottom