• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Would like your thoughts on my G2 set I'm putting together. I just hit G2 a few days ago and I wanted a set that would work for Steve Bow and Steve LBG and I've found the following:

LBG

Fleet Feet, Bonus shot, Attack up M, Norm/Rapid Up.

Regios Cap X
Sororal Vest
Agnaktor Guards X
Esurient Coat (or anything with Torso Inc)
Sororal Leggings
-----------------
+2 Normal Up, +7 Attack ---
-----------------
1x Salvo Jewel 3
1x Attack Jewel 3
1x Attack Jewel 2
2x Salvo Jewel 1
1x Forceshot Jwl 1

Bow

Fleet feet, Focus, Loadup, Norm/Rapid up.

Regios Cap X
Sororal Vest
Agnaktor Guards X
Sororal Leggings
-----------------
+7 Loading OOO
-----------------
1x Forceshot Jwl 3
2x Charger Jewel 3
1x Laden Jewel 3
1x Charger Jewel 1
1 slot spare
1 Difficulty

I think this should well last me into G3 right? It is also very fash ho as well!

tuffy

I think this should well last me into G3 right? It is also very fash ho as well!
Looks good to me. Sororal mixes are good for ranged weapons in general. Though what I've been doing lately is using the Sororal Headgear (for Blademasters) along with the Sororal Vest and a Torso Up waist. This adds a big chunk of extra defense, though losing the awesome Regios Cap X makes it trickier to fit in more skills.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I've been taking this kinda slow so I'm still only in HR, but I just beasted the ever-loving-shit out of Brute Tigrex and it feels so good.

9* quests have been a little rough for me so I went back and upgraded my armor.

ME5nKC6.jpg

I gemmed for Attack XL, Detect and Halve Stun. Attack XL is the most beastly thing I have ever seen in my life. I managed to kill Brute Tigrex before the 10 minute mark, a couple swipes of my Switch-axe--Azure Rose--and he was limping. I wasn't more aggressive than usual, if anything I hung back a bit more. It felt like I was fighting NR Tigrex, except for all the roar attacks.

If you can get Attack XL, I highly recommend it. It is choice.

Anura

Just look for someone here to host the quest. Some people around have it. I was lucky to run into someone that had it. I am still missing one SS Tix. haha
Funny thing is I had one a few weeks ago but I made the gunner set lol! Oh, well. At least the gunner set gives me Challenger +2, rodeo God, focus, peak performance, load up and Normal/focus up.

Riposte

I want to make a room to do all the high rank event quests that came out. Anyone interested? Like usual, I'd prefer high rank gear.

Kinsei

Banned
So I finally picked this back up again and decided for my first hunt I'd do the guild hall Molten Tigrex with high rank gear (since I never made it to G rank) solo. Talk about jumping into the deep end, but somehow I managed to kill it.

co1onel

LBG

Fleet Feet, Bonus shot, Attack up M, Norm/Rapid Up.

Regios Cap X
Sororal Vest
Agnaktor Guards X
Sororal Leggings
-----------------
+2 Normal Up, +7 Attack ---
-----------------
1x Salvo Jewel 3
1x Attack Jewel 3
1x Attack Jewel 2
2x Salvo Jewel 1
1x Forceshot Jwl 1

By swapping the agnaktor guards for artian guards, you can trade attack up M for weakness exploit, recoil down+1 and constitution+1.

More than that, these are common end game sets, they'll last you forever.

Riposte

65-1504-5894-9809

New event quests room (sticking to high rank and maybe G1 after that). Please use high rank or early G gear.

Keeping password up for a few minutes: 0000

EDIT: AzureRonin, I'm willing to do older event quests too if no one minds.

Riposte

That feeling when you are so used to cheda blade you forget to bring whetstones... thank god i brought a farcaster lol.

If anyone has that G-rank Dalamadur DLC quest, I'd really appreciate a few runs of it so I can use another SA on my evasion build. I need 3 slot weapons.

fuck raging brachydios btw

ya'll suck for getting double reactors :C

I DID IT! I finally beat Gogmazios earlier today! The palicoes made a huge difference once I gave them G-Rank gear. Managed to solo the quest with 4 minutes to spare. I used the full Chaos armor gemmed for Challenger+2 and Crit Element and the fully upgraded Deviljho dual blades.

Oh, and NOW G Rank Shagaru Magala shows up (but I beat it).

deim0s

I DID IT! I finally beat Gogmazios earlier today! The palicoes made a huge difference once I gave them G-Rank gear. Managed to solo the quest with 4 minutes to spare. I used the full Chaos armor gemmed for Challenger+2 and Crit Element and the fully upgraded Deviljho dual blades.

Oh, and NOW G Rank Shagaru Magala shows up (but I beat it).

Congrats.

mitchlol

MH noob here,

I'm up to 5 star caravan and currently have a full Tetsu set, I'm trying to make Cent/Gore set but I need chilling beak and having trouble getting them from Narjala, done about 4 runs so far and nothing!

Once I've made the cent/gore set what should I be aiming for next?

I am using a GS and currently I have Khezu Shock Sword

Also I'm kinda confused as to the difference between the single player missions and the multiplayer ones... I am HR 2 at the moment but is there some sort of guide I can follow that tells me what quests I need to complete to increase my HR so I'm not wasting time doing all the gathering quests...

And last question how should I be splitting up my time? More single player? or more quests to raise HR

Essentially I want to get better gear faster.

Oh and I have beat the Gore Magala but I can't seem to see it come up in the multiplayer quests :(

Thanks in advance.

tm24

If anyone has that G-rank Dalamadur DLC quest, I'd really appreciate a few runs of it so I can use another SA on my evasion build. I need 3 slot weapons.

Does tomorrow sound good for Dal? Around 7-8 PST?

The final solo Rajang quest is absolutely insane.

I thought it was really easy.

So apparently the new Apex Diablos quest didnt get re-tuned properly in 4U after they removed the no armor/talisman rule. So its piss easy and a decent way of getting Zenith Wyvern Gems L if you're afraid of Rajang

Wanderer5

*checks out The Twilight of the Gods quest, sees it G3* Ugh really need to get around defeating chaotic gore. It would be great to get help here.:/

Edit: Well least there can be work done with the longsword quest heh. Also seems like now a easy way to get to G rank Gore. Got the three goddess melody, so that it from there for now.

Ulthwe

MH noob here,

I'm up to 5 star caravan and currently have a full Tetsu set, I'm trying to make Cent/Gore set but I need chilling beak and having trouble getting them from Narjala, done about 4 runs so far and nothing!

Once I've made the cent/gore set what should I be aiming for next?

I am using a GS and currently I have Khezu Shock Sword

Also I'm kinda confused as to the difference between the single player missions and the multiplayer ones... I am HR 2 at the moment but is there some sort of guide I can follow that tells me what quests I need to complete to increase my HR so I'm not wasting time doing all the gathering quests...

And last question how should I be splitting up my time? More single player? or more quests to raise HR

Essentially I want to get better gear faster.

Oh and I have beat the Gore Magala but I can't seem to see it come up in the multiplayer quests :(

Thanks in advance.
Don't spend much time in Low rank caravan quests (6* or less), as the armor sets you make won't be of much use when you hit 7* and above.

I learned the hard way on MH3U, as I grinded too much on earlier quests and got burned as soon as I got to the high rank missions.

Look for a guide online to check which are the essential quests to progress quickly, you can always go back and do the remaining ones.

Wolfe

Hey guys is the Shah Dala armor worth making? I would only need 1 ripper thing to make it.

I still use it on occasion. The status resist is great (love it for Cham, and forgetting stun/para/sleep is a thing is always nice) but on the flip side it's not great enough to use without a awaken weapon for me. Plus it's rather lacking in slots and in my case I felt obligated to gem out the negative crit which ate all of them up heh.

The helm comes with 3 Edgemaster though so it is never a bad idea to make if you want to put together a honed blade set and don't mind the horns.

upandaway

Had some fun looking for endgame armors, and saw this:

Focus
Honed Blade
Challenger +2
Latent Power +1

Rebellion Helm Z
Grand Divine Ire Robe
Grand Divine Ire Kote
Grand Divine Ire Obi
Miralis Drogues
-----------------