• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

I like the Seregios Charge Blade though. CB aren't a weapon you want to sheath once you're comfortable with guard points and being able to regain sharpness with dodges keeps me in the fight just a little bit longer.

Makes sense.

I just finished mine so I guess I'll see how I like it soon enough.

jorgejjvr

**Oh, and thunder has proven to be an invaluable element. Everything is weak this this lol.

Not Zinogre or Rajang XP

Lots of monsters generally have a weakness to dragon, though.

I think the most important elements from least to greatest is: Fire, Water, Ice, Thunder, Dragon.

-Alternis

Not Zinogre or Rajang XP

Lots of monsters generally have a weakness to dragon, though.

I think the most important elements from least to greatest is: Fire, Water, Ice, Thunder, Dragon.

-Alternis

Yup. My experience so far has favoured Thunder over Dragon, but I think part of that is I haven't gotten around to killing shaggy for my Gore CB upgrade. Soon.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Turns out 2 of the guys I play Dota with regularly play MonHun and they aren't too much more advanced than me (they are like hunter rank 3-5 as opposed to my other friend who plays and is like HR a million). We've been doing random HR1 quests for me between Dota matches. So fun.

Oh, I got a set of blademaster armor and started using the INSECT GLAIVE! What a fun weapon that is! The pole vault ability is so good. I'm mounting everything! I haven't quite mastered shooting my bug yet (it goes where your character is looking not your camera) and I'm not sure how to combo the juice and stuff, but it's twirly and rad looking and I like using it a lot. I think a big part of why my hand was getting sore playing this is because the bow had me holding my R button too much, so it's nice to get a change of pace to just mashing X/A instead (I know about type 1 bow control, but I find bow 2 better with the circle pad).

Wolfe

Fatalis armor is the Dragon__ appearance you get from GQ I believe.

It looks just like the G rank crimson fatalis armor (wrothhide or whatever) but black/grey.

Putting up a turns room if anyone is around:

42-8338-1708-4943

@Alt: Figured you'd seen me using my savage Jho armor before, it's basically the same as the Vangis X armor but with a bit better Def and 3 points in Avarice. Using the same charm on each set and with a no socket weapon both sets have Attack Up XL, Speed Eating +2, Mind's Eye, Razor Sharp and Divine Protection. Obviously you can gem in other stuff but it still amused me at how similar the base values for both sets were.

Whoops, looks like that's my allotted MH time according to the internet. Good hunts guys!

@Alt: Figured you'd seen me using my savage Jho armor before, it's basically the same as the Vangis X armor but with a bit better Def and 3 points in Avarice. Using the same charm on each set and with a no socket weapon both sets have Attack Up XL, Speed Eating +2, Mind's Eye, Razor Sharp and Divine Protection. Obviously you can gem in other stuff but it still amused me at how similar the base values for both sets were.

A handicraft+4 charm would be amazing on that set.

I think you mean Handi +7? It's got 3 points naturally but any handicraft decorations add negative sharpness which kills Razor Sharp.

I dunno about you but I'm still looking for that handi +7 charm :p (Shengar!!!)

Oh yeah, that's right. I was getting it confused with one of the other armor sets I was talking about earlier today.

Wolfe

Yeah I've lamented a bit over my lack of a charm that will allow me to get Sharp+1 while retaining Razor Sharp on this set lol :p

Btw there's an open spot in the room I posted above!

QUESTION!

Is it possible to get those super powerful enduring charms from the melding pot?

Melding Pot Tutorial: http://gaijinhunter.tumblr.com/post/113165119687/mh4u-understanding-the-melding-pot

If you mean Graven and the other rare 6 one I can't remember the name of, no, they're guild quest only (as in the charms that can have combo skills on them like edgemaster).

If you mean Graven and the other rare 6 one I can't remember the name of, no, they're guild quest only (as in the charms that can have combo skills on them like edgemaster).
Nope, I mean enduring charms with crazy good skills points. (+8 Evade Dist, +14 Ice Atk OOO)
I'll die if I ever get one of these.

Wolfe

Nope, I mean enduring charms with crazy good skills points. (+8 Evade Dist, +14 Ice Atk OOO)
I'll die if I ever get one of these.

Oh well in that case yes, one of my first decent charms was a sheathing +6 attack +14/no sockets, but I accidently got rid of it since I never used it.

But yeah, use the melding pot for charms whenever you can, you collect enough junk charms that it's no biggie and who knows you might get something decent. Pretty sure I got one of my Handi+5/2 socket charms from the melding pot.

jorgejjvr

Turns out 2 of the guys I play Dota with regularly play MonHun and they aren't too much more advanced than me (they are like hunter rank 3-5 as opposed to my other friend who plays and is like HR a million). We've been doing random HR1 quests for me between Dota matches. So fun.

Oh, I got a set of blademaster armor and started using the INSECT GLAIVE! What a fun weapon that is! The pole vault ability is so good. I'm mounting everything! I haven't quite mastered shooting my bug yet (it goes where your character is looking not your camera) and I'm not sure how to combo the juice and stuff, but it's twirly and rad looking and I like using it a lot. I think a big part of why my hand was getting sore playing this is because the bow had me holding my R button too much, so it's nice to get a change of pace to just mashing X/A instead (I know about type 1 bow control, but I find bow 2 better with the circle pad).

Alright! Perfect! I'm glad you're having tons of fun!

Your HR5 friend is technically better than you since he is in high rank, therefore his gear will be relatively stronger than any of the monsters you'll fight from HR1-3. This isn't much of a big deal, as long as monsters don't die SUPER quickly (I'm talking like a couple of minutes), I think you'll be fine.

Great! You discovered my favorite weapon! I love it so much! It's my child!

Again, I HIGHLY recommend watching Gaijin Hunter's tutorial on the Insect Glaive, as it will likely teach you things you didn't know before.

Just focus on getting the red (extra damage and comboes are twice as long and fast, pretty much meaning that where you would be hitting once without the red juice, you'd be hitting twice with it) juice, the white (extra movement speed and jump height, increases the effect of the other juices if you have red or orange as well) juice, and orange (increases defense, when combined with white it causes you to flinch less and gives you low grade earplugs, allowing roars from most monsters to be blocked) juice. When you get all three, you get even more attack and defense! Like, HUGE AMOUNTS! Green juice heals you. Green juice is USUALLY from tails, Red is USUALLY from heads, White is USUALLY from wings/legs, and Orange is USUALLY from the back.

ALSO! SUPER IMPORTANT! As you know, upgrading the glaive is costly as you have to upgrade and feed the bug too. I HIGHLY RECCOMEND watching Gaijin Hunter's video on making the ultimate Kinsect, which is pretty much (arguably) the best Kinsect for insect glaives.

The Kinsect, when fully upgraded, will have:

-Max speed
-High damage and stamina
-Lots of affinity
-Makes it so buffs are stronger (even more attack and defense and health)
-Makes it so buffs last much longer (like 2x or 3x), which is like 3-5 minutes before buffs go away, which is super useful if you get all three!

In GH's video about the ultimate kinsect, he goes over two ways to get it.

-When you're in endgame will a bunch of materials and can get it in one go
-When you can't really upgrade fully and plan on using it as you upgrade

I think the second one applies to you.

Sadly, to get the ultimate kinsect, you have to do things in a specific order from scratch, so if you already upgraded your glaive, you'll either have to make the same one again (I actually did that) or plan on not using it since the ultimate kinsect is THAT GOOD.

Don't get me wrong, there are different kinsects for different things, but the ultimate one is super good overall.

And in case you don't know how to upgrade glaives, you need to feed your kinsect with things you collect on hunts or from the wycoon called nectars. Feeding it fills up a bar, and once the bar is filled you will be able to upgrade that kinsect (you upgrade the insect by using miscellaneous items that aren't acquired from monsters). However, sometimes when you upgrade your kinsect, that you'll be able to upgrade your glaive too (represented by the normal miscellaneous materials alongside even more materials, which are the materials needed to upgrade the glaive itself, usually the monster or things the glaive is made of).

-Alternis

jorgejjvr

Glitch? So you're done for today? I was wondering if you were up for some Savage deviljho or white Fatalis, but no worries, if you're unable to play due to Internet problems, I'd gladly just wait another day :)

-Alternis

Wolfe

Apologies to everyone in the room I just d/c from, wifi is being obtuse.

With that said there should be an open spot in the room I posted above :p

jorgejjvr

Can I join in for S.Jho?

Post a room and I'll join shortly. I'll probably be done quite soon.

Are you hearing that Glitch? Cx

Hopefully you're still active and if it pleases you, we could join in on your early DLC quests and have a nice time!

-Alternis

Edit: Apparently the entire room shut down while I was in an expedition, sorry guys!

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
ALSO! SUPER IMPORTANT! As you know, upgrading the glaive is costly as you have to upgrade and feed the bug too. I HIGHLY RECCOMEND watching Gaijin Hunter's video on making the ultimate Kinsect, which is pretty much (arguably) the best Kinsect for insect glaives.
I've already upgraded my bug a lot by just feeding it all the random nectar I had. Do the bug upgrades not reset when you get a new, high level glaive? The one I'm using is still the newbie starter one.

jorgejjvr

I've already upgraded my bug a lot by just feeding it all the random nectar I had. Do the bug upgrades not reset when you get a new, high level glaive? The one I'm using is still the newbie starter one.

Every glaive has a different bug and therefore when you buy a new glaive, you'll have to level up and feed that bug from scratch, the very beginning. It's quite tedious I know but it's worth it for the ultimate kinsect. All my glaives have the ultimate kinsect.

I'm sure the next time you make a new glaive, just follow GH's video that details how to level it up so it's still useable even before it's completely upgraded.

-Alternis

Edit: Just discovered a skill called "Pro Dirty Fencer"

LiQuid!

Every glaive has a different bug and therefore when you buy a new glaive, you'll have to level up and feed that bug from scratch, the very beginning. It's quite tedious I know but it's worth it for the ultimate kinsect. All my glaives have the ultimate kinsect.

I'm sure the next time you make a new glaive, just follow GH's video that details how to level it up so it's still useable even before it's completely upgraded.

-Alternis

Edit: Just discovered a skill called "Pro Dirty Fencer"

Ok, that's great. I'm not too concerned about leveling this newbie glaive up right then. When I get to higher level and better glaives I'll take more care in making the ultimate bugbro.

jorgejjvr

What're your thoughts on this set?

-Blightproof
-Speed Sharpening
-Partbreaker
-Divine Blessing
-Rationer
-Steady Hand (Mind's eye + Razor Sharp)

-Alternis

Wolfe

Nice mix of offensive and defensive skills, as I'm a big fan of most of those skills (speed sharpening is great but even after using it I find it underwhelming) so I give it a thumbs up.

jorgejjvr

Nice mix of offensive and defensive skills, as I'm a big fan of most of those skills (speed sharpening is great but even after using it I find it underwhelming) so I give it a thumbs up.

Well, considering Sharpness +1 isn't there, I'm going to have to make up for the fact that very few weapons have natural purple sharpness, and once their white (or even worse, blue, I'm looking at you C Fatty weapons!) bars run out, speed sharpening will instantly make them better again. That's how I see it anyways.

-Alternis

Wolfe

Well, considering Sharpness +1 isn't there, I'm going to have to make up for the fact that very few weapons have natural purple sharpness, and once their white (or even worse, blue, I'm looking at you C Fatty weapons!) bars run out, speed sharpening will instantly make them better again. That's how I see it anyways.

-Alternis

No doubt, it's definitely useful especially when you don't have Razor Sharp. Just think if you get a nice relic weapon with natural purple XD

jorgejjvr

No doubt, it's definitely useful especially when you don't have Razor Sharp. Just think if you get a nice relic weapon with natural purple XD

Well good thing I do have razor sharp though! Thanks to steady hand! I'll make the sharpness I have last much longer! ^.^

-Alternis

Heyo, just got this game a few days back and, well, anyone up to help with a Tetsucabra? Need the resources and it looks like noone's joining my lobby ATM. Just search for Tetsucabra in the appropriate field if you feel like joining.

Heyo, just got this game a few days back and, well, anyone up to help with a Tetsucabra? Need the resources and it looks like noone's joining my lobby ATM. Just search for Tetsucabra in the appropriate field if you feel like joining.
It's too muggy for me to sleep well so what's your room if you're still doing it?

There's a floor of separation between where I am and my modem, that might be why, and unfortunately people sleep in the same room as it.
Ouch, that would do it. Oh i had to put a pw on your room, it's 1111. .
Edit: actually I think I can sleep now, sorry for not helping more. Good luck with tetsu!

yO35hSG.jpg

I guess this will be useful if I ever decide to go back to Gun Lance. It's just that Lance is soooo much better.

Still looking for a +14 (element) Atk charm. :(

tuffy

I'm still hunting for some sort of godly Pierce Up charm, but managed to find a 2 slot, Rapid Fire +3, Dragon Atk +14 charm instead. It's so good I was able to fit Load Up into my Eldaora's Hornet set alongside Bonus Shot, Fleet Feet and Dragon Atk +3.

Top Bottom