• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Took my first foray into the realm of online multiplayer with randos and the result far exceeded expectations. Put up a noob room for Gore got 2 other HR3 noobs and a G2 horn user that showed up. Some buff we were getting was making it so that we like never lost stamina. It was insane. Fought Gore and got the feeler break on the first try. I was quick to juice up and I mounted twice. Felt really good to not shit the bed with the pubs present. Got that feeler on the first try and now got my Gore glaive!

Not sure what the etiquette is when disbanding a hall after you got what you wanted from it so I just said thanks all and switched to offline. If I had more time I probably would have just invited everybody else to just post quests they needed for fun.

Took my first foray into the realm of online multiplayer with randos and the result far exceeded expectations. Put up a noob room for Gore got 2 other HR3 noobs and a G2 horn user that showed up. Some buff we were getting was making it so that we like never lost stamina. It was insane. Fought Gore and got the feeler break on the first try. I was quick to juice up and I mounted twice. Felt really good to not shit the bed with the pubs present. Got that feeler on the first try and now got my Gore glaive!

Not sure what the etiquette is when disbanding a hall after you got what you wanted from it so I just said thanks all and switched to offline. If I had more time I probably would have just invited everybody else to just post quests they needed for fun.

I'm fairly certain the halls stay up when you leave in MH4U, so basically just leave like you were leaving. :)

Wolfe

Edit: What do you guys do in terms of skills for the esurgient z set? Not much variety, I'd imagine. I was able to create a quick and simple set:

-Attack up XL
-Speed Eating +2
-Rationer
-Razor Sharp
-(Maybe Artillery Novice)

-Alternis

I've got a charm I'm using on mine (6 protection, 5 fencing OOO) so instead of artillery novice my Vangis X and Esurient Z sets both have the skills you listed above plus Mind's Eye and Divine Protection. Not totally necessary but given that I can't have Sharp+1 on it yet and the weap I primarily use with it is attack honed it seemed like a decent trade off.

So i'm gonna grind out and hopefully get 4 more GQ's to access relic silver sol armor. Would anybody be interested in going for it when I get them all? (though it's gonna be hard since only 2 monsters drop it, Rajang and Yian Garuga and to make it even harder it's only original series A guaranteed or B with Kirin possible too)

Wolfe

So i'm gonna grind out and hopefully get 4 more GQ's to access relic silver sol armor. Would anybody be interested in going for it when I get them all? (though it's gonna be hard since only 2 monsters drop it, Rajang and Yian Garuga and to make it even harder it's only original series A guaranteed or B with Kirin possible too)

Like I said last time if I'm around and available to play when you do this I'm more than down, especially if you don't mind me mixing my GQs into the rotation :)

jorgejjvr

I'm online and ready to play/assist anyone.

Any rooms up? Does anyone need help?

-Alternis

@LiQuid!

The way you acted was perfectly okay. It's fine to say thanks and leave. Although like someone said, urgent quests are special and you really don't want to leave after someone helped you with yours and they still have theirs.

Well, I'm glad you're enjoying the game! The online community is really great and the players can hold themselves down overall. They tend to be good people too.

Frankly, there is a chance you may find an elitist that wants everything perfect, or someone who had no clue what they're doing, but for me those are super few and far between.

Yeah, totally! I can't wait until we can finally hunt together!

If I might ask, what's your favorite thing about MH4U?

jorgejjvr

You aren't kidding. HR7 is like a totally different game than any of the other HRs. All the key quests are elders. And they are long, often hard, fights. Dalamadur's laser triple carted my team in one blast even tho we were all at near full health.

I got lucky and made it through last night. I'm Caravan 10 and decided to go online for some HR6 hunts to mix it up. Wound up finding a great group and we cleared HR6 and HR7 together! I'm now G1! This is my first MonHun, so it feels like a great accomplishment.

Here's my question. The set I'm using (shown below) has been fantastic for high rank hunts. How far will it last me in G-rank? Should I power through to G2? or remake immediately? (I only have 4 more armor spheres to upgrade it.)

xdVwGfy.jpg
pwHR82L.jpg

I appreciate the help!

In the meantime, I'm going to go back to the Caravan and 100% it.

Well, considering Shagaru Magala is fought at G3, I doubt you'll make it all the way there with that armor. Plus, I doubt the G rank versions of those pieces even have the same skills. They might, but I'm unsure. I just recommend either making G rank Tetsu or G rank Seregios (G2) armor.

-Alternis

Like I said last time if I'm around and available to play when you do this I'm more than down, especially if you don't mind me mixing my GQs into the rotation :)
Oh yeah, I haven't caught you online yet but of course! I first have to get them to actually grind :p

jorgejjvr

Gonna be way later today, out for my birthday. Probably around the same time as yesterday.

Alright man! Enjoy today then! Don't even worry about it, dude, today is your day :p Just have fun celebrating and have a good time! Happy birthday!

-Alternis

Edit: Might anyone else have the White Fatalis quest?

Chuckpebble

Just soloed my HR5 to HR6 urgent with guard up on a gunlance. Feel bad for that poor black gravios, bag of hurt underneath him and nothing was making it go away.

Slowly working my way up w/ using all weapons to over 100 each. Just tend to go for the higher ones as they're my favorite.

MlWA770gmgYW5nLUAr

MlWA770iVA0nxsSvhx

Still have not given HH a lot of gameplay time yet.

Wolfe

I was just about to put a room up to see if anyone was still around lol.

57-9521-0241-1137

Gonna be afk for a sec while I hit the bathroom.

Wolfe

You can have my spot Alt, just wanted to do something but you're looking to make the W. Fatalis set so I don't mind.

Edit: Just post up here when you're around and I'll drop out :)

jorgejjvr

You can have my spot Alt, just wanted to do something but you're looking to make the W. Fatalis set so I don't mind.

Edit: Just post up here when you're around and I'll drop out :)

Alright. That's very kind of you! No worries, I'll let you have a few hints as a thanks for your kindness. I'll probably be up for a few hunts soon/in a while.

Once again, thank you! For now, enjoy the hunts. I'll edit when I'm ready to grind a bit.

I'll make sure to drop out once I gain a large gem so that you can rejoin afterwards.

-Alternis

Wolfe

Well a spot opened up, cause Glitch had to sleep lol, if it makes you feel any better we didn't do any W. Fatalis runs yet :p

Wolfe

Well that was laggy.

Edit: I dunno Alt, so far both times you've posted Rusted Kushala everyone else lags out lol.

Edit2: ok this time the room also blew up, just a sec.

09-7625-6936-3871

Wolfe

Gettng back into this. I'd like to tackle some of the dlc quests specifically the Zelda armor. Where do play if? Is it an online only mission?

It's DLC but at Rank 7 I would recommend having G rank gear before attempting it solo.

And yeah it's an online missions so it's geared towards multiple people, although you can still do it solo if you desire.

The lineup is Zinogre, Kirin and Rajang, in that order. The next one appearing after you've killed the previous.

jorgejjvr

Gettng back into this. I'd like to tackle some of the dlc quests specifically the Zelda armor. Where do play if? Is it an online only mission?

Assuming you downloaded it, yeah, you have to be high rank in the gathering hall (online) and it can only be done online. There's a quest for the armor and a quest for the weapon. Just go to the online quest select and pick event quests and it should be there.

-Alternis

Wolfe

The armor quest is Three Virtues, I think the weapon quest is Fire Fight? Can't recall and the descriptions don't help all the time lol.

Top Bottom