• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

jorgejjvr

I'm new to this series and have only seen him in MH3U LP videos and this trivia was never something that came up during the commentary.

Did you know of that nobody is sure how the Deviljho mates? As it is hyper aggressive and cannibalistic (he eats it's own tail and other Deviljho). He also was slain and even captured monsters.

Did you also know that in the uragaan ecology video from MH3(U), rival uragaans will compete with each other, with the one who pushes the other down winning?

Or did you know that in the Brachydios ecology video, that Brachydios was able to take down an Agnaktor (even as it choked him).

Or maybe, that in the Akantor ecology video from a really old MH (perhaps FU), Akantor is seen taking a Gravios' beam like it was nothing and then instantly killing the Gravis with one bite to the neck.

Plesioth, as seen in ecology video, waits for Aptonoth to drink by the water before ambushing them and then dragging them into the water.

-Alternis

The Brachydios ecology video is rad because the Brachydios knows the slime will detonate, so the punches really just have to be enough to get the Agnaktor off of him.

What DLC should I download ? Pretty confusing. I am playing this game the first time sind 3-4 months so I am pretty lost right now lol.

All the DLC! Unless you're limited on space or something, it's always nice to just stock up all the missions in case you need a specific one.

upandaway

Shengar check out the Monster Hunter Illustrations books. They're bombarded with in-universe trivia, there's more trivia than development tidbits I'd say. I love mine so much, I went through them cover to cover

tuffy once posted Molten Tigrex version of it.
:tuffy

Shengar

Shengar check out the Monster Hunter Illustrations books. They're bombarded with in-universe trivia, there's more trivia than development tidbits I'd say. I love mine so much, I went through them cover to cover

Good news is: I have them! It was really worth the price. I just wished Capcom would put more trivia stuffs into their game so more people that interested with anything in MH world can access it with no extra cost. It'll also breathe more life to their already wonderful and goofy world. If they can bother to create CG for ecology video, why not a few written paragraphs for each monster? This is not a must have thing but it'll be really nice to have.

Sorry, noob question. After not playing nearly 3 months (I played like 20h before that)

I am so much out of this game, how do I get quests ? I am at the quest counter which is at 4. The fourth one only has one quest to hunt down a Nerscylla, but I already done that it seems, because there is a check.

Sorry, totally dumb question. I don't know what person to speak to get new quest at the quest counter. Damnit, never should've stopped playing.

Edit: Ignore everything. I am dumb. There is a fucking map that marks the quest npc's.

Nah, I left.

So, is there anything in particular you want to do? Surely you have charge blades with other elements, right?

-Alternis

I need parts from...

HR Los
HR Gore
HR D.Mohran
HR Zamtrios + 2 S.Zinogre tails

for my chargeblade upgrades.

Also need Ukanlos Underscales and an Akantor Gem, but I don't personally have the quests for those.
Oh, also seregios scrapers and M.Tigrex parts for teh seregios upgrade

jorgejjvr

I need parts from...

HR Los
HR Gore
HR D.Mohran
HR Zamtrios + 2 S.Zinogre tails

for my chargeblade upgrades.

Also need Ukanlos Underscales and an Akantor Gem, but I don't personally have the quests for those.
Oh, also seregios scrapers and M.Tigrex parts for teh seregios upgrade

Post a room and I can help you get the supplies.

-Alternis

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I wish Japanese game developers didn't have this fascination with making me carry things while trying to avoid getting hit by other things for fear of dropping my thing and having to start to the thing carrying over from scratch. I remember doing this in Final Fantasy 14 and it's honestly one of the most irritating game mechanics I've ever encountered.

Nohar

I was wondering: did they add
White Fatalis
yet to the game? I began playing again those last two days to get the Star Knight armor (not sure I'm gonna abandon my UkaUka armor for it though), so I don't really know which updates we got.

(Why didn't they add Amatsumagatsuchi to the game? I love that Elder Dragon's design. Also kickass music).

White Fatalis
yet to the game? I began playing again those last two days to get the Star Knight armor (not sure I'm gonna abandon my UkaUka armor for it though), so I don't really know which updates we got.

Should be next month, but I have it if you want his parts.

jorgejjvr

White Fatalis

No, not yet.

However, one of our fellow members named Glitch has all the JPN DLC unlock early. This includes G rank black fatalis, white fatalis, savage Jho, G rank Dalamadur, everything.

@LiQuid!

Trust me, you're going to want to complete each and every single one of those carrying egg quests in the single player caravan.

Let's just say that...in the end...you'll find out what happens when one of those eggs hatch...

-Alternis
It was either Amatsumagatsuchi or Daora, and Daora hasn't been seen in a very long time.

Nohar

47-8546-3482-9435
Pass: 8888

Anyone's welcome. Gonna try to get these resources.

May as well help you. Coming.

Should be next month, but I have it if you want his parts.

Nah, it's fine, but thank you very much :)

Edit: Yup, expected that. If we don't let the Dah'ren come close enough, we lose the carves from its mouth. Bad design, it is annoying.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
@LiQuid!

Trust me, you're going to want to complete each and every single one of those carrying egg quests in the single player caravan.

Let's just say that...in the end...you'll find out what happens when one of those eggs hatch...

Heh, yeah I'm doing them all, but not out of some sense of wanting or needing to but just because I'm an OCD completionist and I can't handle not having a checkmark next to any quests.

jorgejjvr

Heh, yeah I'm doing them all, but not out of some sense of wanting or needing to but just because I'm an OCD completionist and I can't handle not having a checkmark next to any quests.

It'll definitely be worth it. The final quest in the egg delivery line is really something. However, it's an 10 star urgent, so yeah.

Honestly I just killed any large monsters that bothered me before delivering the eggs XP

-Alternis
Poor timing on that DC, sorry guys.

Wolfe

Oh and Glitch, apologies but I turned the room into a Kushala one when I opened it up to randoms, feel free to let me know if you want to post anything.

Thanks, all.

So now that I'm G1, is everything balanced for groups? So I can't easily farm G-rank materials for gear?
Sorry, I disconnected after the Teostra and soon after I had to do something in real life.

-Alternis
Don't sweat it, I've got a headache so I'm done now anyhow.

Wolfe

Right on Glitch :]

Slowly getting these GQ leveled, takes so long >_<

Room is 29-0512-6801-2995 if anyone is interested in doing a few special permit hunts. I'm posting Kushala GQ atm but am fine with anything.

jorgejjvr

Thanks, all.

So now that I'm G1, is everything balanced for groups? So I can't easily farm G-rank materials for gear?

Don't sweat it, I've got a headache so I'm done now anyhow.

Pretty much.

You'll start seeing that the quickness of quests starts deteriorating. Perhaps we can do G1 and G2 quests quickly, but anything above that might take awhile. Then again, if you have a group of really good players (pretty much everyone on GAF), quests, even the super duper hard 140 quests, can still be done relatively quickly or even extremely quickly (as you yourself witnessed the hard G rank Golden Rajang, we still killed him awfully quickly when he's supposed to be really hard). It all depends on who you're hunting with. As long as you have good players my your side, super hard quests could last a couple of minutes.

It seems that's where I come in handy, most of my fellow hunters appreciate my hunting style that consists of multiple fast and consistent mounts while still dishing out lots of damage.

My mounts leave long openings for my teammates to do huge damage.
So don't worry, as long as you play with us/good people, quests can still be done really quickly. The only difference is that in G rank, just like everyone else, you'll be exposed to huge damage from the smallest hits and you must really work and put in effort so that you can contribute to the team. You'll really need to give 110% and all you've got to not get completely murdered in G rank.

-Alternis
In fact, Glitch has recently been using the same set and skills I do, which helps our team even further, especially on the rare occasions that I'm not using my set.

Top Bottom