• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

jorgejjvr

Never getting my drops. Monster Hunter won. Congratulations. ggwp

Never give up, that's what MonHun wants. Don't let the Desire Sensor win, you'll get it eventually. Honestly, there were moments were a single hunt more got me everything I wanted. Truthfully, I recommending doing one Pink Rathian, then one random monster/key quest, and then another Pink Rathian, and so on. This prevents you from becoming burned out or losing hope, and keeps your mind off of what you need to help with the desire señor a bit. Hunting the same monster many times in a row isn't always the best, it's best to ALTERNate! *Badumpsh)

@NormalFish, dude, of course you can see who's in a room. Once you press A on a room (it takes you to the screen where pressing A again takes you there), and then press Y, it shows you everyone in the room.

-Alternis

@NormalFish, dude, of course you can see who's in a room. Once you press A on a room (it takes you to the screen where pressing A again takes you there), and then press Y, it shows you everyone in the room.

-Alternis

Ah. no one told me this. Guess that's useful.
Beat 9*.

the credits are so LOOOONG

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Just had the best ever pink rathian run with some pubs. The I N S T A N T the final 2 of us entered his area, we both get chain stunned and die. Then as soon as we load back into the base camp a third guy dies. Total hunt time maybe 15 seconds.

cBj1LTf.png

edit: Friend of mine who got two sets worth of rares off p.rath last night is doing runs with pubs too for an inferno sac and just got another ruby. Why not.

ed2: 60-0265-7275-9569 if anybody wants to join in on the shit show! Pink rathian all day erryday!

ed3: never mind fuck this game

Nohar

I thought I would steamroll on G rank expeditions thanks to my new weapon.

Boy was I mistaken. Yuan Garuga stun-locked me into a corner and overall was incredibly persistent. Ruby Basarios caught me off-guard with his aimed rock throws (I had no idea he could do that), and in the middle of my fight against him a Deviljho decided to say "Hi!". It seems that I never fought G rank Deviljho before, because I definitly did not recognize that new breath attack he did. And a Daimyo decided to backstab me while I was busy dodging the Deviljho. With no more potions, I decided to bail by reaching the objective.

I guess I should try to use a Lance for G rank expeditions. But now, time to sleep.

Kater

Banned
Lightbreak Twins get!

Phew. I really wanted those ones.
Oh, you did Raging Brach, you should have told me. :p I still need his rare and his forelegs for the final upgrade to the Lightbreak Hammer.

I thought I would steamroll on G rank expeditions thanks to my new weapon.

Boy was I mistaken. Yuan Garuga stun-locked me into a corner and overall was incredibly persistent. Ruby Basarios caught me off-guard with his aimed rock throws (I had no idea he could do that), and in the middle of my fight against him a Deviljho decided to say "Hi!". It seems that I never fought G rank Deviljho before, because I definitly did not recognize that new breath attack he did. And a Daimyo decided to backstab me while I was busy dodging the Deviljho. With no more potions, I decided to bail by reaching the objective.

I guess I should try to use a Lance for G rank expeditions. But now, time to sleep.
The breath attack got me once when I was trying to get an aerial attack in with my IG. So annoying.

Ruby is easy to dodge, I actually get really close when he starts twerking his butt off and hack away at his base in hopes of making him fall over (which actually happens rather often if you hit him in the right spot.

And yes, Yian Garuga is a pain in the butt.

jorgejjvr

Just had the best ever pink rathian run with some pubs. The I N S T A N T the final 2 of us entered his area, we both get chain stunned and die. Then as soon as we load back into the base camp a third guy dies. Total hunt time maybe 15 seconds.

cBj1LTf.png

edit: Friend of mine who got two sets worth of rares off p.rath last night is doing runs with pubs too for an inferno sac and just got another ruby. Why not.

ed2: 60-0265-7275-9569 if anybody wants to join in on the shit show! Pink rathian all day erryday!

ed3: never mind fuck this game

I'm available, dude. I could help, like, A LOT. I make Pink Rathian look like butter. Do you need some help? I'll gladly assist you. All day erryday man, just for you. Please tell me you're available, I wish to assist.

-Alternis
Did anyone else notice that the monster symbol shown on Gaijin Hunter's tumblr page is actually Gogmazios? Normally his symbol is a question mark but if you unlock the Gogmazios scroll and check the award, it'll show Gogmazios' actual monster symbol, the one GH uses.
I know this is going to sound insanely weird, but for whatever reason, I find the Blue Yian-Kut-Ku much harder than Yian Garuga. Not the regular one, the blue one. I don't understand, I guess I'm just unlucky with that blue demon.

Thanks to Wolfe and co. for the help. Feel bad taking so much time when it was initially a turns room but if folks enjoyed themselves then I'm happy with it. Glad I don't have to worry about my armor so much now.

So my guild quest collection keeps growing but it's not giving me anything people would be interested in doing unless people want relic ludroth armor? xP

deim0s

Every time I try to ignore the seltas he just ass rams me.

Heheh, I mean more of being aware what and where that Seltas is doing but keep hammering on the Queen. That ass ramming move is basically three hits - first if he launches and two drive-bys. There's no point of killing the Seltas first as the queen will call another one in a minute or less.

jorgejjvr

Anyone else want Alatreon to return? He was the true test of skill, as he used every element except for water.

Also, I'm up for some hunts.

-Alternis

tuffy

Anyone else want Alatreon to return? He was the true test of skill, as he used every element except for water.
I'm all for bringing him back so long as his shot hitzones get fixed. They were so bad I remember bringing down the Village one using pierce shots at the last second, literally. Having slime spam or status shots as the only viable ways to fight him ranged sucked a lot of the fun out of it.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
You got the full set?

Would you mind sending us a photo of the set, as well as the skills it has?

-Alternis

Don't have a way to get a photo, but it looks just like the standard Rathain mail set only it's pink tinted instead of the default goldish/yellow.

Skills it has are Fire attack, wind res, and potential. I've got fire attack on my talisman and thru some decorations too, so I'm at Fire attack +3 now and only need 2 rathalos carapaces which are common drops in order to get my fire axe to a rare 5 version. Exciting!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Don't have a way to get a photo, but it looks just like the standard Rathain mail set only it's pink tinted instead of the default goldish/yellow.

Skills it has are Fire attack, wind res, and potential. I've got fire attack on my talisman and thru some decorations too, so I'm at Fire attack +3 now and only need 2 rathalos carapaces which are common drops in order to get my fire axe to a rare 5 version. Exciting!

I'm using the G-Rank version of that with Fire +1 and it is beast mode. I can't even imagine what Fire +3 would look like, you're gonna tear through everything that's even a little weak to fire.

Wolfe

Thanks to Wolfe and co. for the help. Feel bad taking so much time when it was initially a turns room but if folks enjoyed themselves then I'm happy with it. Glad I don't have to worry about my armor so much now.

Not a problem dude, plus the only quests I was looking to run was 126+ GQs lol, besides as long as I'm playing with others I'm enjoying myself.

So my guild quest collection keeps growing but it's not giving me anything people would be interested in doing unless people want relic ludroth armor? xP

Lemme know if you come across any Cham/Teo/S.Magala with Tri Series Head or Legs. I still want to make a Rebellion relic set and am missing those two pieces atm. I actually just went through and looked up a bunch of my quests to see what sets they give and ended up deleting most of them, still have a few more to go through but I'll do it later.

I've got another room up if anyone is looking for something to do:

52-4158-9074-1239

Edit: Glitch, I know you gotta be lurkin, where you at? Get in this room.

Elija2

Is there no way to see what Event Quest a room is on before entering it? Do I just have to specify the monster I'm looking for and hope for the best?

jorgejjvr

Do you ever research what a monster is weak to? I mean, you shouldn't fight a monster from the Rath family with a fire weapon...

I'm not saying that's what you do, just be careful.
Are you up for some hunts?

-Alternis

So, what's the stance on custom quests around these parts? Is it a taboo thing or is it alright as long as we're not seeing stupid things like mantles in the supply box or a million DLC tickets in the quest rewards?

I wanna fight multiple Fatalis in the Battlequarters one day, so yeah. :)

jorgejjvr

Well that's lame.

Tried to do the USJ Event Quest and everyone (except me!) died within 2 minutes. The first guy in didn't throw a smoke bomb so both monsters got aggroed at once. We didn't stand a chance.

I never use a smoke bomb. They're pretty easy to handle at the same time, they're not too difficult in all honesty. But with my experience I'm always making sure they're tripped and I killed them relatively quickly so *shrugs*

-Alternis

Elija2

I never use a smoke bomb. They're pretty easy to handle at the same time, they're not too difficult in all honesty. But with my experience I'm always making sure they're tripped and I killed them relatively quickly so *shrugs*

-Alternis

I dunno, I just failed the quest three times in a row because both monsters were aggroed. Maybe it's easier if you're coordinating it with friends, but with randoms it just becomes a mess to handle them both at once.

jorgejjvr

I dunno, I just failed the quest three times in a row because both monsters were aggroed. Maybe it's easier if you're coordinating it with friends, but with randoms it just becomes a mess to handle them both at once.

All I really do is continually mount a monster/make it flinch, and the rest is history.

-Alternis

LiQuid!

Do you ever research what a monster is weak to? I mean, you shouldn't fight a monster from the Rath family with a fire weapon...

I'm not saying that's what you do, just be careful.
Are you up for some hunts?

-Alternis

I don't go out of my way to check a wiki or something, I just look at what that monster's armor set's properties are and figure those are its strengths and weaknesses. I don't use my fire axe if I know there's gonna be a rathalos on the mission. I have a dragon elemental axe for that. Also I've been trying a bunch of different weapons like the hammer and lance and have those of other elements like water/ice/lightning if I need to switch out.

I feel kinda bad I had a multiplayer hall going to kill a high rank rathalos, but the only quest I had available to me personally with a rathalos in it was the lava area egg carry quest that has a rathalos spawn with a tail cut being the sub quest. So one G rank guy comes in the room and I tell him I just need to kill/tail the rathalos and subquest out and he must have missed it cause he smoked that rathalos fast without chopping the tail first. So we both ended up having to carry lava rocks for 15 minutes lol. He seemed to have a good sense of humor about it and we did some more rathalos kills as some more people joined the room. I got my carapaces too, so my axe is done.

It's weird that they don't give you access to the keyboard mid-mission. I was trying to tell the guy to cut the tail as I saw him going for head chops after we mounted but I couldn't figure out how to do it with the default chat messages. The guy must have had one of his quick messages edited to say "Really...?" cause he said that as we were lugging rocks back to base camp. All I could do was spam "Sorry!" lol

Wolfe

Yeah the room blew up, figured I just d/c again but then I saw the room was just gone :p

Gonna go screw around in Fish's room for a bit.

Yeah I ended up closing it to see how many more rippers I need... I got a way to go before I get EX Escadora x: but thanks to everybody who helped!

jorgejjvr

I don't go out of my way to check a wiki or something, I just look at what that monster's armor set's properties are and figure those are its strengths and weaknesses. I don't use my fire axe if I know there's gonna be a rathalos on the mission. I have a dragon elemental axe for that. Also I've been trying a bunch of different weapons like the hammer and lance and have those of other elements like water/ice/lightning if I need to switch out.

I feel kinda bad I had a multiplayer hall going to kill a high rank rathalos, but the only quest I had available to me personally with a rathalos in it was the lava area egg carry quest that has a rathalos spawn with a tail cut being the sub quest. So one G rank guy comes in the room and I tell him I just need to kill/tail the rathalos and subquest out and he must have missed it cause he smoked that rathalos fast without chopping the tail first. So we both ended up having to carry lava rocks for 15 minutes lol. He seemed to have a good sense of humor about it and we did some more rathalos kills as some more people joined the room. I got my carapaces too, so my axe is done.

It's weird that they don't give you access to the keyboard mid-mission. I was trying to tell the guy to cut the tail as I saw him going for head chops after we mounted but I couldn't figure out how to do it with the default chat messages. The guy must have had one of his quick messages edited to say "Really...?" cause he said that as we were lugging rocks back to base camp. All I could do was spam "Sorry!" lol

Perhaps it would be too distracting or the system can't handle it XP

Anyway, remember to update me/us on any of your thoughts/experiences, especially since you may be coming across new monsters and subspecies soon!

-Alternis

Wolfe

5 more to trade for Escadora but if I want Riot Z too i'd need 11 more total.
edit: my carves were bones and steel+ xP

Sheesh dude, I feel bad for saying but I made both sets ages ago, can't remember having issues with getting mats for either outside of a gem maybe :(

Top Bottom