• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Shengar

I'm overall indifferent to long giant boss fights but it really depends on which ones. For example, I can't give a good explanation but I've always liked the Mohran fights since Tri.
Fighting Jhen Mohran gives me sense of awe on how big the world of Monster Hunter is. But fighting its smaller cousin and Dalamadur? Not so much. The former feels like half-assed big monster while the latter is just ridiculous considering its scale and how you fight it.

Asked for help with my dalamadur urgent a couple of days ago. Not sure if anyone here joined, but thanks if you did.

Now I need help with my Ukanlos urgent!
ID: 59-0215-2223-5040

OmegaZero

Anyone know good HR missions for farming Rust Shards?

EDIT: I've been doing Felyne Explorer runs on Forge Ahead, mining the rare spots and then breaking Stiggy's back to finish with the subquest but I was wondering if there's a more reliable method.

I would like to voice my frustration over my absurd luck.

According to Kiranico, Gore Magala has the following chances to drop a Plate:

Body Carve 5%
Tail Carve 4%
Shiny Drops 2%
Break Head 3%

and a 63% chance for a tail direct from the tail carve. I've fought Gore Magala 6 times and I have 4 plates and 0 tails to show for it.

I shit you not.
EKQT6g0.jpg

Not only that, but I obtained all 4 plates in each of the unique ways that you can. 1 each of head break, body carve, tail carve, and shiny drop. I have zero tails. I only needed 1 plate. I have no use for the other 3. I need 2 tails.

Fuck Gore Magala and his badass armor.

PrankT

I was about to give up and make a new room because I was running low on items and had already carted twice, but I somehow did it! Thanks PrankT!

I'm probably going to find a G1 room now unless anyone wants to do some G1 quests I could make a room
Good job! Perseverance pays off. I have nothing else going on, so I'll join.

Valus

I was about to give up and make a new room because I was running low on items and had already carted twice, but I somehow did it! Thanks PrankT!

I'm probably going to find a G1 room now unless anyone wants to do some G1 quests I could make a room

Go for it. I'll be up for a bit.

Elija2

How the hell are you supposed to fight the Stygian Zinogre? The thing moves around so much that it's hard to get a hit in, and I swear they must have designed him so that he would be hell to fight without a second Circle Pad.

Kyzon

How the hell are you supposed to fight the Stygian Zinogre? The thing moves around so much that it's hard to get a hit in, and I swear they must have designed him so that he would be hell to fight without a second Circle Pad.

Lock on to that bitch, lol.

Seriously, lock on constantly to any mobile monster to keep them in your sights. You can also use traps, sleep, and paralyze effects to get them to stand still. If you're a gunner you can safely throw a flash bomb and shoot them as they flail around.

Elija2

Lock on to that bitch, lol.

Seriously, lock on constantly to any mobile monster to keep them in your sights. You can also use traps, sleep, and paralyze effects to get them to stand still. If you're a gunner you can safely throw a flash bomb and shoot them as they flail around.

That's what I've been doing, but locking-on doesn't seem to help in this fight. When I'm up close to him I can't see his backflip move coming, and that's what's been doing me in most of the time. Even having the Auto-Guard skill doesn't help me against that thing.

I don't think I have anything that will stop him from moving around other than traps, but I can only carry one with me so that won't be of much help.

I noticed that stalwart is such an awesome ability since it also grants speedy stamina recovery but my other skill I'm using is destroyer and I'm thinking about swapping it out for guard +1. Do you guys think that combo would be better than what I'm using now?

Elija2

Finally beat the fucker. He actually wasn't that hard, I just had to learn his attack patterns (and use a ton of health potions).

The Hunting missions are counted as Complete if you capture the monster, right?

Got one more HR1 quest to do before the Urgent Quests, and its to hunt a Gypceros. Barely had enough time to capture one yesterday (I know I should be doing this multiplayer) so I'm not sure I'll have time to kill it with my gear.

Also, does material from low-level monsters help build good gear, or does it become useless at a certain point?

Shengar

Got one more HR1 quest to do before the Urgent Quests, and its to hunt a Gypceros. Barely had enough time to capture one yesterday (I know I should be doing this multiplayer) so I'm not sure I'll have time to kill it with my gear.

Also, does material from low-level monsters help build good gear, or does it become useless at a certain point?

Yes to the first question. Capturing them is eligible for completion. Most Slaying mission are against non capturable monster such as elder dragons or Akantor and Ukanlos.

They're still useful for decoration. There are many time that I can't make a gem because I'm lacking low-level materials.

Yes to the first question. Capturing them is eligible for completion. Most Slaying mission are against non capturable monster such as elder dragons or Akantor and Ukanlos.

They're still useful for decoration. There are many time that I can't make a gem because I'm lacking low-level materials.

Cool, thanks :)

Guessing there comes a distinct point where even if you're a completionist, you stop doing every quest it gives you as you don't need the Zenny or materials

Still running about in a bit of a mess of gear. Whenever I have my eye on a set, something new unlocks and I change my mind. Is it only a set if its the full 5-piece, or is that more of a general thing where you can put 3 or so pieces together for the Ability bonus?

redcrayon

Even materials from the smaller monsters you see in your first excursion at the start of the game are useful later on. Kelbi horns are used in ancient potions, and monster fluid (from carving insects) in various weapon upgrades.

It's also worth bearing in mind that you reach higher ranks, it's worth killing them again to see what has changed, as some of those materials upgrade too: monster fluid taken from insects becomes monster broth at high rank (caravan 7-9), and monster essence when harvesting them at G rank (caravan 10). Same goes for rhenoplos carves.

Top Bottom