• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

CodeNfX

Lagombi S is a good starter set for HBG since it has Evade Extender IIRC.
For GS, I used a mixed set with Diablos parts to get Crit Draw and Focus but Tetsucabra S, Velociprey S, and (if you dont mind farming late HR) Rath Soul armor are good general sets.

I will keep those set in mind, thanks!

jorgejjvr

Anyone has any suggestions of things to do now that I am at the end game? I am trying to do my last G3 quests but what could I do after?

Ken

Anyone has any suggestions of things to do now that I am at the end game? I am trying to do my last G3 quests but what could I do after?

Are you G Gold Crown? That's kind of the last bit of progression you can do online. After that is relic farming for personal "best" gear.

jorgejjvr

Elder Dragon GQ?

I suppose that GQ in general yeah, I guess I could use a couple xD I am also trying to get better IG so would need some GQ with IG bias

I'm Silver, not many monsters post much of a challenge now

and as far as new weapons.....me and IG are in love...

Rafavert

Guys, I have a question regarding the online play in MH4U.

I'm considering getting the game (perhaps next month). Does it require a noteworthly good internet connection for online play?

For reference, my internet is good enough to play Bayonetta/MK8/Pokémon with little to no problems, however, I get a lot of delay playing SSB (even with people geographically close.)

Anyone able to give me some insight?

Also, while I'm at it, would a circle pro make a noteworthy difference in the gameplay? *doesn't have one for comparisonsake*

jorgejjvr

Guys, I have a question regarding the online play in MH4U.

I'm considering getting the game (perhaps next month). Does it require a noteworthly good internet connection for online play?

For reference, my internet is good enough to play Bayonetta/MK8/Pokémon with little to no problems, however, I get a lot of delay playing SSB (even with people geographically close.)

Anyone able to give me some insight?

Also, while I'm at it, would a circle pro make a noteworthy difference in the gameplay? *doesn't have one for comparisonsake*

You are going to have no problems. One disconnect here and there, thats about it

I have a New 3ds and cant live without the c stick, but the game does have a virtual one and you can lock on

Rafavert

You are going to have no problems. One disconnect here and there, thats about it

I have a New 3ds and cant live without the c stick, but the game does have a virtual one and you can lock on

Thanks! I don't really like the virtual one. And thank god for the lock on...!

I'll probably give in. Playing the demo, I must say I miss hitting a monster with a fully charged great sword...!

Shengar

and as far as new weapons.....me and IG are in love...

I know that
IG is very versatile weapon despite some of its downside (like taking juices from Gravios or Deviljho, I hate those shit). Mounting is something that I considered as duty since it could make everyone's life easier (like koncking out Teostra out of rage mode completely right after he went mad) and there's no weapon that can do it as consistently as IG did. But if you really want to prolong the life of the game for you, there's no better alternatives than learning new weapons. Get out of your comfort, and you might be found a new satisfaction from what other weapons can do (like smashing monster head, and KO them with the hammer).

Quadraxis

These 10* village quests are getting damm challenging. Fought silver rath first, not that bad but bounces everywhere, and after that the molten tigrex. That monster is hard! After 40 minutes of fighting i finally killed it. Does it have 2 rage modes btw?. Next stop: Savage Jho. God save my soul :<

Wanderer5

Had my first encounter with Seregios, and it was pretty fun to fight against. Quite a vicious thing it was.:p What up with its weapon set? Seems like a pretty cool set, with just the setback of having no certain status/ele.

PrankT

I just got gold crown and made optimal gear/skills for my favorite weapons. Next I'll make the best weapons of each category and then optimize gear for each. Besides that I'll just jump online with people and have fun. Even if you aren't working toward a specific item or monster you can always have fun helping other people out.

Shengar

Hm, made the Grand Hyuga set but it covers too much skin. Back to gunner sets. OTL

67d90ee7.gif

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Do you ever think Monster Hunter will get some kind of armor transmutation so we can get skills of one armor but appearance of another?

jorgejjvr

I just got gold crown and made optimal gear/skills for my favorite weapons. Next I'll make the best weapons of each category and then optimize gear for each. Besides that I'll just jump online with people and have fun. Even if you aren't working toward a specific item or monster you can always have fun helping other people out.
Hunting with others and helping out is definitely where the fun is at, I still have G3 quests to finish anyway and get gold crown

co1onel

Do you ever think Monster Hunter will get some kind of armor transmutation so we can get skills of one armor but appearance of another?

I really wish monster hunter would do this. Or at least give us the ability to make the helmet invisible like lots of other games do. I just wish I didn't have to try and make something work that both looks good and has the skills I want.

SuperSah

Banned
Shoutout to the amazing randoms which stuck with me for three hours to get me to HR4. Y'all guys were awesome.

Little things like this make MH so worth it.

Valus

Does it? I imagine you'd need both armor pieces before you can undergo the process.

But being a fashion hunter is part of the MH charm. I think it's amazing to see who is plainly willing to sacrifice stats for appearance. I feel like taking that away will ruin some of MH's charm. So I personally hope they don't ever go that route.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I'm starting to wonder whether it's more efficient to charm farm with felyne hairband runs or just do 140 gqs and hope for godly drops

Kyzon

Wow that sucks man, I'm down to help you whenever, that gog urgent is really long, your connection needs to work

Thanks. I'll keep you updated. I'm planning on just sneaking there and replacing the router myself, honestly >_>

Also, for anyone. I'm going to see if I can hold a room now. I reset my 3DS.

46-8839-4462-7317

Pass:9999

Edit: 2 spots left

Kyzon

Thanks. I'll keep you updated. I'm planning on just sneaking there and replacing the router myself, honestly >_>

Also, for anyone. I'm going to see if I can hold a room now. I reset my 3DS.

46-8839-4462-7317

Pass:9999

Edit: 1 spots left

for new page. noobody is joining, lol

Edit: everyone get DC'd? room is still up.

Top Bottom