• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Shengar

On an unrelated note, I tried for 50 minutes to get that Basarios glitch for Earth Crystals on my own and still haven't done it. First tried with LBG... nope. Used one with RF Crag and Normal 2s. For one, the head is tough to hit. Two, once you do hit it the right amount, you have to trip it with Normal, then reload and hit his head again, which is very very difficult to do in time. I couldn't do it. So I switched to hammer, which I've never used before. That was much easier to figure out, but now I have no clue when he's going to get dizzy.
Ugh. I'm going to have to do it with a group.
If it flinched when you hit its head, that mean you already halfway to stun it. It is difficult at first, but in due time you'll know when will it got close to be stunned.

Beats

CBN6khyVAAActkR.jpg

https://twitter.com/personasama/status/581943545549864960

And now I want pickles.

Oh, I have a urgent that has Teostra attacking the town. Is there a difference between that and the dunes version?

Tom_Cody

Somebody said that monsters in Gathering Hall Quests don't scale to one player, they're all built for 2-4 players. Caravan Quests (storyline quests) do have lowered HP in comparison.

As for Palicoes, 1 player: Ace and Secondary, 2 players, they bring their respective Aces, and 3-4 players the Palicoes don't join the quest.
Cool, that's what I had thought. I just wanted to be sure.

My main issue is that I'm totally reliant on using my Palicos for healing (using items as an archer is a pain) and I want to be able to experiment with playing online without simply tossing them aside.

I want to spend the next few days catching my guild progress up to my caravan status. It looks like my best bet will be starting my own rooms (to work through my key quests and urgents), allowing randoms to enter if they see fit. I'm OP for the missions I'm doing so it doesn't really matter if anyone is with me or not. And allowing randoms to join will give me a taste of the online experience.

tuffy

What are the chaces of the Gore Magala dropping it's tail? You have to cut off it's tail for you to even get a chance at that drop right?
Yeah, Gore's tail can only be gotten by cutting it off and carving it. But the odds of getting one from that carve are very high - 63% low rank, 70% high rank.

Yeah, Gore's tail can only be gotten by cutting it off and carving it. But the odds of getting one from that carve are very high - 63% low rank, 70% high rank.

Guess I'm having plain bad luck then. I've cut off it's tail like 4 times so far and have only gotten scales to show for it. Oh well.

ohkay

Should I bother making Kushala HR armor pieces if I'm close to G? I wanted to make a bow set, and with these pieces I can craft a set with Focus, Normal Up and Loading with the Seregios bow

jorgejjvr

If you guys are interested, at around 8pm EST I will be doing some G3 quests, mainly the hard advance ones, I am trying to finish off all the remaining G3 quests. Some GQ can be done as well, and we can take turns. This is really early, but just wanted to put it out there :p

Iryx

Trying to farm Gogmazios for Dragonsphires is hell, more than 50% of tries end with a triple cart after 15 minutes.

wiibomb

Zinogre Z

For light bowgunning, you could get the Artian S chest, arms and waist to get Bonus Shot and use the remaining pieces for damage or evasion boosters. Lots of high rank expeditions required, but very little actual hunting.

For heavy bowgunning, something like Lagombi S gets you Evade Extender. Though if you have a good Evade Dist charm, Rath Soul or even High Metal S is preferable since they have some attack skills.

I've made my HR set when I just started it, so you probably have better options, but I got the High Metal S gunner set. Effortless since you can buy it, and with a decent charm I got Defense M, Normal Up and Normal S+, giving me decent choice on the guns.

Speaking as a gunner myself, you can't go wrong with Rath Soul. It's a fantastic set. A lot of tough enemies deal fire damage, too, so that extra fire resistance will be great.

I'm not a fan of the Artian S line. Bonus Shot is a help and a hindrance at the same time. On one hand, more dps for less ammo. On the other, every additional shot locks you in place for that much longer.If you're playing with 3 others, that may be okay because the enemy may not attack you. If not, you're stunlocking yourself into place for far too long.

On an unrelated note, I tried for 50 minutes to get that Basarios glitch for Earth Crystals on my own and still haven't done it. First tried with LBG... nope. Used one with RF Crag and Normal 2s. For one, the head is tough to hit. Two, once you do hit it the right amount, you have to trip it with Normal, then reload and hit his head again, which is very very difficult to do in time. I couldn't do it. So I switched to hammer, which I've never used before. That was much easier to figure out, but now I have no clue when he's going to get dizzy.
Ugh. I'm going to have to do it with a group.

thanks a lot for the answers, I'll keep them in mind when I start the armor

Trying to farm Gogmazios for Dragonsphires is hell, more than 50% of tries end with a triple cart after 15 minutes.

I tried twice last night for my urgent and both times the group tripled. I will be trying again tonight and I think I will post the room this time. If you want in you are more then welcome to join when I post it.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I tried twice last night for my urgent and both times the group tripled. I will be trying again tonight and I think I will post the room this time. If you want in you are more then welcome to join when I post it.
I'll join in too if I'm around, farming dragonsphires is incredibly boring

Juraash

I want to farm him for some mats, I'd be more than happy to help if you post the room. Anytime after about 6 PST I should be around.

Iryx

If I'm still awake by then, I'll be happy to join.

Do you guys have any Kushala Daora tips? It's probably the least fun fight in the entire game for me, because of that lame dark wind gimmick. I know poison helps negate the effect, but that doesn't make it any less annoying.
He's not overly hard, he just takes so long since it's so hard to hit him.

jorgejjvr

Do you guys have any Kushala Daora tips? It's probably the least fun fight in the entire game for me, because of that lame dark wind gimmick. I know poison helps negate the effect, but that doesn't make it any less annoying.

I also find him annoying, a cringe when he is picked

Iryx

I found him super frustrating as well, I ended up making a set with Windproof Hi and HG Earplugs just to fight him without making me feel like I'm spending the entire fight falling on my butt.

Juraash

Poisoning him makes it so he can't produce his strongest wind barrier iirc. So if you use a weapon that can apply that quickly that's a way to keep him in check. Otherwise it's kinda like...take your chances with the tip of the tail or his head once his strong wind barrier is up.

Ken

Insect Glaive.

tuffy

I just put various levels of pierce shot down his face or up his tail. Dodges his charges, claw swipes or wind-bullet thing aren't too hard, so the biggest thing to avoid is his tornadoes.

Airan

Chameleos set is the EZMode set for Daora, hell it's designed for him - HG Earplugs, Windproof High, Status+2. Get a nice poison weapon and you'll breeze through him no problem. His biggest problem isn't the wind, it's his roars which happen every 5 seconds or something stupid. Flash Bombs to knock him from the air or IG for easy mounts. Stay close, hit his back legs so you don't get hit with tornadoes.

Mzo

As a GS user I find I can hit him anyway. He's the easiest of the elder dragons IMO, never felt I was in a lot of danger and he drops fast.

Wolfe

do we know what DLC we're getting this friday?

No idea but I saw some dude running around in zero suit last week, I'm assuming people are messing with game files or something. Gonna be funny seeing a ton of people running around in Samus armor once that DLC hits.

Blue Pal
More Uniqlo
Mario Cat Armor
Sonic Cat Armor
More Challenge quest
EX Kirin armor
EX Gore armor
Another HR Black Fatalis
Episodic for a coat for felyne, looks cute

Mario cat armor? For the people that didn't get the item back when the game launched or something? Reminds me, I haven't been able to make the better version of the mario/luigi cat armor so I was wondering where you get the mushrooms from?

Top Bottom