• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

HIR0

There are multiple urgents for crown correct?
I had one for the crown 1 Chameleos but failed it and then it disappeared.
A few successful completions of quests later the Daora Kushala quest opened up and I successfully completed it but I wasn't silver crown.

I've seen someone with a Zero Suit Samus set of armour and a Megaman Palico.
Is this DLC?

co1onel

A few successful completions of quests later the Daora Kushala quest opened up and I successfully completed it but I wasn't silver crown.
Those urgents don't do anything. Your crown goes up by unlocking more scrolls.

ilium

You progress crowns by deciphering scrolls.

Iryx

You get silver/gold crown by deciphering texts, IIRC, you get silver for Apex Rajang and gold for completing all of them.

Edit: Double beaten.

Cool, that's what I had thought. I just wanted to be sure.

My main issue is that I'm totally reliant on using my Palicos for healing (using items as an archer is a pain) and I want to be able to experiment with playing online without simply tossing them aside.

I want to spend the next few days catching my guild progress up to my caravan status. It looks like my best bet will be starting my own rooms (to work through my key quests and urgents), allowing randoms to enter if they see fit. I'm OP for the missions I'm doing so it doesn't really matter if anyone is with me or not. And allowing randoms to join will give me a taste of the online experience.

I'm pretty sure if you do guild hall offline, it scales to 1 player. I had about the same kill times doing offline gh and caravan.

However, I am also pretty sure that it scales to 2.5 players if you are online but playing solo. I tried once when nobody joined, and the monster took forever to kill.

ilium

I'm pretty sure if you do guild hall offline, it scales to 1 player. I had about the same kill times doing offline gh and caravan.

However, I am also pretty sure that it scales to 2.5 players if you are online but playing solo. I tried once when nobody joined, and the monster took forever to kill.

monsters don't scale.

Overall defense is a set percentage that changes depending on the quest. That’s why “powered up” quests have monsters that have not only more HP, but are tougher to break parts as well (if it was just HP then there would be no difference, after all!). For generality sake, assume that:
Village: 100%
Low Rank: 85-95%
High Rank: 75-85%
High guild/event: 70%
Yeah, so if you do the same quest in the online part of the game solo, you are battling a monster that is about 25% higher defense, they do this because you’ll typically be online with other players.

SYNTAX182

Sup dudes. Just found a relic gs. 1680 raw. -10% affinity. White sharpness. Sharpness +1 still gives me white. 3 slots. Slots help me get to evasion 2.

Is this better than cera gs?

Wanderer5

Pleeeeease some help with dalamadur? Would be nice to get some that has experience with this guy. This is the first time that I kind of hate the urgent system.<.<

13-3488-4182-6190.

PKrockin

Random thought. Wouldn't the gunlance trivialize Dalamadur? Part of the problem with that fight is the claws, one of the very few easily accessible parts, are highly armored. So instead of using regular attacks and doing very little damage couldn't you kill it quite fast by just shelling the claws into oblivion? Since shells do fixed damage and all.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
What bow set is that at 3:33? Welkin + c Fatalis bow?

Nvm looks like w Fatalis mix set
I think it's the full GX Tempest set, oh it's called Welkin for Gunner?
Random thought. Wouldn't the gunlance trivialize Dalamadur? Part of the problem with that fight is the claws, one of the very few easily accessible parts, are highly armored. So instead of using regular attacks and doing very little damage couldn't you kill it quite fast by just shelling the claws into oblivion? Since shells do fixed damage and all.
Nah, this is how you fight Dalam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av5fvP28Kgo&t=02m00s

PrankT

Sup dudes. Just found a relic gs. 1680 raw. -10% affinity. White sharpness. Sharpness +1 still gives me white. 3 slots. Slots help me get to evasion 2.

Seems great. Better raw, affinity, and slots help a lot. Not sure how much you lose without purple, but adding an extra skill with the extra slots is a great trade off.

So I'll eventually get a teostra hardhorn if I don't look for it right? I mean, it's suppose to be a 68% drop if you break them but he kept giving me manes D:

Ken

It's fine. The best raw you can find is 1782 so it's not that far off. Purple sharpness would have been nice.

Wanderer5

Whew glad that is done, and twice heh. Pretty sure a gaffer was there, so whoever that was, thank you!

Got his gem too heh. Maybe I will make his guitar, but I need more tail blades.:x Now to beat Ukanlos to get to G-rank, but think I had enough excitement for today, so that will be tomorrow.:p

SYNTAX182

Ok cool cool. Thanks for the responses. I got tired of looking at ugly ass cera gs lol. This jawblade gs looks cool. I'll use it for now til I can get a better one. The Eva 2 makes dodging super easy now.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Any Seltas Queen tips?

I managed to kill her once, solo (in Gathering hall) but she is the only monster that manages to destroy me nearly every time. Once that Seltas picks her up I'm toast. Im bringing along a heap of flash bombs to knock him out of the air etc but I just don't seem to be inflicting much damage.

Made the jump from low rank to high rank. Now I am just poor all the time and I don't have the higher level armor spheres. I don't remember it being this hard in 3U. Maybe I am just progressing really fast... or making too many armor sets.

Any Seltas Queen tips?

I managed to kill her once, solo (in Gathering hall) but she is the only monster that manages to destroy me nearly every time. Once that Seltas picks her up I'm toast. Im bringing along a heap of flash bombs to knock him out of the air etc but I just don't seem to be inflicting much damage.

Killing Seltas goes a long way with her. Dung bomb it and chase it or just concentrate on the queen. If she's murdering you you might just need upgrades.

Yrael

Playing online with randoms really is a mixed bag. I played with an awesome team the other day - we flew through multiple quests in HR4 and into HR5. With a new team, however, I asked if we could go for a key quest. Zinogre was chosen instead. "Eh, no biggie," I thought, and went along with the choice. Despite me using Lifepowders to try and keep the team's health up, two people fainted (within seconds of each other). It was touch and go, but finally the Zinogre limped off to its rest area. Everyone else ran ahead, but I paused for just a moment to carve the severed tail. Within seconds of entering the rest area ahead of me, the third person fainted. Lol. Oh well!

I just ended up doing the Key quest solo in the end.

jorgejjvr

Playing online with randoms really is a mixed bag. I played with an awesome team the other day - we flew through multiple quests in HR4 and into HR5. With a new team, however, I asked if we could go for a key quest. Zinogre was chosen instead. "Eh, no biggie," I thought, and went along with the choice. Despite me using Lifepowders to try and keep the team's health up, two people fainted (within seconds of each other). It was touch and go, but finally the Zinogre limped off to its rest area. Everyone else ran ahead, but I paused for just a moment to carve the severed tail. Within seconds of entering the rest area ahead of me, the third person fainted. Lol. Oh well!

I just ended up doing the Key quest solo in the end.
It's always better with gaf it's what I've learned

And great hunts everyone who played with me, we were killing it all night, unbeatable!

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Killing Seltas goes a long way with her. Dung bomb it and chase it or just concentrate on the queen. If she's murdering you you might just need upgrades.
I'll try dung bomb him and see how i go ;) It's usually that piledriver and bulldozer move he does with her that finishes me off so if i can get him to disappear for a bit I should be right. Thanks!

Top Bottom