• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

As promised I have a room open for my Gog urgent.

Room: 28-5358-4622-6722
Pass: 6064

After my urgent I don't care what we do. I just want to get this done tonight.

KimChi

Any Seltas Queen tips?

I managed to kill her once, solo (in Gathering hall) but she is the only monster that manages to destroy me nearly every time. Once that Seltas picks her up I'm toast. Im bringing along a heap of flash bombs to knock him out of the air etc but I just don't seem to be inflicting much damage.
While seltas picks up Queenie try getting them near a ledge if you can so you can jump off and hit seltas, it tends to knock seltas off for me. Otherwise try to kill seltas first if you can't handle them "combining" since it dies pretty fast but respawns after in a few min.

Killing Seltas goes a long way with her. Dung bomb it and chase it or just concentrate on the queen. If she's murdering you you might just need upgrades.
Are you sure dung bomb works on Seltas? The one time I tried that I threw at least 3-4 at him and he wouldn't leave when queen was in the same area, didn't even see the visual you would usually see when you dung bomb a monster. might try again later for the hell of it lol.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
While seltas picks up Queenie try getting them near a ledge if you can so you can jump off and hit seltas, it tends to knock seltas off for me. Otherwise try to kill seltas first if you can't handle them "combining" since it dies pretty fast but respawns after in a few min.

Are you sure dung bomb works on Seltas? The one time I tried that I threw at least 3-4 at him and he wouldn't leave when queen was in the same area, didn't even see the visual you would usually see when you dung bomb a monster. might try again later for the hell of it lol.
I've knocked him off a few times and killed him - it's super satisfying - but then if he spawns again and starts flinging her around I usually don't last long. And if dung bombs don't work, i'm fucked. lol. Think I just need to get better...

Wanderer5

Hm now that I close to g-rank, I wonder what armor I should check out heh. Think for the charge blade, I probably work on Tetsucabra Z, and then eventually Dios X cause I like blastblight. Hunting Horn wise, probably Barioth X.

Mzo

Finally got all the mats together for the Link outfit and the Master Sword. Time to shove it in my box forever. It's awesome to see that high rank monsters that gave me trouble 2 weeks ago are now pathetic.

At least it gave me some glyphs towards my next scroll. Anyone know how far that goes?

Made the jump from low rank to high rank. Now I am just poor all the time and I don't have the higher level armor spheres. I don't remember it being this hard in 3U. Maybe I am just progressing really fast... or making too many armor sets.

Definitely upgrade 1 set of armor with adv armor spheres asap. And if you plan it right you should only need a couple sets per rank. Farm them in high rank frozen seaway. Also play the caravan and you should have plenty of dough.

Mzo

Just make a set of whatever you have lying around. Progress is so quick in this game that you'll replace it in a week at the most. Don't worry about farming until you get to the end of G rank or you'll burn yourself out making obsolete crap.

Crafting the right weapons is a much bigger deal than making armor until the endgame.

Juraash

PrankT and Juraash, thank you so much! I couldn't have done it without you two.

Got DC'd at the end of that. But oh man were those fun. I need two more fortresses to upgrade the sword but I'm stoked I got to make the first version. Glad I could help, that was a blast :D

Any Seltas Queen tips?

I managed to kill her once, solo (in Gathering hall) but she is the only monster that manages to destroy me nearly every time. Once that Seltas picks her up I'm toast. Im bringing along a heap of flash bombs to knock him out of the air etc but I just don't seem to be inflicting much damage.
When you suck against a monster, you sheathe, run in circles, hit once in an opening, sheathe, repeat

Unicorn

man, fuck these distorted fragments. I need 12 more
LLShC.gif

Well that took longer than expected. So a few pages back there was a mix set posted for me and I made it but good lord does it look awful. Are there any other headpieces that offer torso up?

How does the quality of a relic weapon relate to the level of an expedition quest?

So if I have an 120 level Ruby Basarios quest and hoping to get a good Siegmund, should I get that to a higher level or will it start (have a chance at) dropping something that can replace a Cera Cymmetry?

Ken

How does the quality of a relic weapon relate to the level of an expedition quest?

So if I have an 120 level Ruby Basarios quest and hoping to get a good Siegmund, should I get that to a higher level or will it start (have a chance at) dropping something that can replace a Cera Cymmetry?

I think level of expedition only affects the drop rate and type of Unidentified relics? I don't think anything outside of RNG influenced the stat rolls. Could be wrong though.

Ken

I'm going for a mix that gets sharp+1, evasion (1 or 2) and mycology to use with my dual blades. The set that was made earlier gives evasion 2, 4 points in handicraft and thanks to the torso up you can get mycology with 3 gems.

No razor sharp for DB?

Just fainted a lot the first few hunts in Shengar's room. > . <

I think it's cause I sorta took a break to play Bloodborne.

I feel you. When I come back from Bloodborne, I'm gonna be trying to evade like I've got evasion+3 and get bitchslapped every time, I'm certain of it.

"WHY DOESN'T THE MONSTER STAGGER WHEN I BLAST IT RIGHT AS IT ATTACKS"

Pila

Facing the
infected Brachy
in Caravan9, real talk, it carted me couple times and I opted for the good old strategic retreat. :/

Yeah maybe my defence is low but I'm not forging a new armor just for you freaking asshole, I'll be back with my velocidrome set and you'll die.

redcrayon

Facing the
infected Brachy
in Caravan9, real talk, it carted me couple times and I opted for the good old strategic retreat. :/

Yeah maybe my defence is low but I'm not forging a new armor just for you freaking asshole, I'll be back with my velocidrome set and you'll die.
He's a beast, it's like a dance that fight, avoiding Brachy and all the explosive goo on the floor plus all the stuff he sticks on you!

I'm currently at the mercy of the Desire Sensor in caravan 10. All I need to complete my S-rank seregios gear is a seregios lens, and I've put him down 10+ times so far with no success. It's a rare drop, and so frustrating when I was getting Rath rubies and plates like they were going out of fashion earlier on, despite struggling to get them in Tri!

He's a beast, it's like a dance that fight, avoiding Brachy and all the explosive goo on the floor plus all the stuff he sticks on you!

I'm currently at the mercy of the Desire Sensor in caravan 10. All I need to complete my S-rank seregios gear is a seregios lens, and I've put him down 10+ times so far with no success. It's a rare drop, and so frustrating when I was getting Rath rubies and plates like they were going out of fashion earlier on, despite struggling to get them in Tri!

I had to kill around 30 Seregios for a single lens. I'm so sick of him, even after 3.5 weeks.

Pila

Good luck, the sensor is totally a joke. Just the other day I was farming Seregios for its impaler (69% from the tail) and I had to cut five tails ^^ 69% my ass.

redcrayon

I had to kill around 30 Seregios for a single lens. I'm so sick of him, even after 3.5 weeks.

Jesus wept...

On the plus side, I'm now pretty good at killing him. I'm a lancer and used to get slaughtered without enough stamina to block a missile attack followed by the dual flying claw swipes. Now I've got constitution+2 and just laugh as I batter his bollocks senseless with my fish on a stick.

PKrockin

Got a lens just now on my second ever G-rank Seregios. Don't want any of his stuff at the moment.

Jesus wept...

On the plus side, I'm now pretty good at killing him. I'm a lancer and used to get slaughtered without enough stamina to block a missile attack followed by the dual flying claw swipes. Now I've got constitution+2 and just laugh as I batter his bollocks senseless with my fish on a stick.
Yeah, that's the only problem with lancing him, at least if you have no stamina skills like me. I'm going to start bringing dash juices for just this monster.

Ok I think I finally made everything play nice. Using my sharpness +4 tali with 3 slots I could make a set that has handicraft, razor sharp, mycology and evasion 1. Not the evasion +2 the other set had but it does keep my blades as sharp as possible. Still using the skull mask cause I don't have the coins to make the other headgear xP

PKrockin

Ok I think I finally made everything play nice. Using my sharpness +4 tali with 3 slots I could make a set that has handicraft, razor sharp, mycology and evasion 1. Not the evasion +2 the other set had but it does keep my blades as sharp as possible. Still using the skull mask cause I don't have the coins to make the other headgear xP
What's the deal with Mycology? Why do people use it? It doesn't seem that good to me aside from being able to carry more heals I guess.

Ken

It basically increases your item cap and also substitutes expensive items with cheaper mushrooms. It's a for fun skill I guess.

Top Bottom