• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

tuffy

I understand the HBG puts out more damage. What I'm trying to get to the bottom of is wether or not this whole "LBGs take twice the amount of time to kill solo" and "You're better off with any other weapon" talk is legit or hyperbole.
As a little test, I've killed low rank Great Jaggi with a G rank LBG in 4 shots by stacking Fire Atk +3 and Bonus Shot. High rank hunt-a-thon Gravios goes down in 15 shots with Water Atk +3 and Bonus Shot. Even when I tested using an LBG without rapid fire against Tigrex the difference in hunt times was only a couple of minutes compared to using an HBG.

No way does it take "twice as long" unless someone is just dreadful with it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Anyone feel like helping me take care of my HR5 urgent real quick (Black Gravios)? Shouldn't take too long. I'll start a room if anyone wants to help.

SuperSah

Banned
Anyone game for the Uniqlo Tigrex hunts in about an hour?

Quote this and I'll get back in exactly an hour from when this post was made.

Leezard

Thanks for the hunts Hawthorne, too bad those Immenseness tickets are so rare. It's a good source of Skymeralds and Lenses at least! I got more than 800k by selling leftover materials as well.
What is that event quest related too? I mean, we couldn't get it by normal mean?
It's an USJ quest, we are supposed to visit USJ in Japan to get it.
Terrible... And it seems the quest gives a pretty awesome armor too...
Indeed. I could be wrong and it's on its way, but it seems like we won't. The only way to get it in Japan so far is to visit USJ as well.

I'll host the quest some more later.

Shengar

Thanks for the hunts Hawthorne, too bad those Immenseness tickets are so rare. It's a good source of Skymeralds and Lenses at least! I got more than 800k by selling leftover materials as well.

It's an USJ quest, we are supposed to visit USJ in Japan to get it.

I'm confused what an USJ is and quick search give me Universal Studio Japan
I should do that earlier
Anyway, if they keep it in the game and went as far translating the Special Ticket, that mean we could get it normally by visiting USJ then? But that's hella lot of expensive for a piece of armor if we try to get it via normal mean lol

Leezard

I'm confused what an USJ is and quick search give me Universal Studio Japan
I should do that earlier
Anyway, if they keep it in the game and went as far translating the Special Ticket, that mean we could get it normally by visiting USJ then? But that's hella lot of expensive for a piece of armor if we try to get it via normal mean lol

That appears to be the case, yes.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Would Dober Armor be a good choice for Gunner? It's not too much better than my Velociprey S armor, stat-wise, but it's got Reload Spd, Dragon Atk., and Stamina Recovery. Pretty good skills to have for a Gunner.

Leezard

Would Dober Armor be a good choice for Gunner? It's not too much better than my Velociprey S armor, stat-wise, but it's got Reload Spd, Dragon Atk., and Stamina Recovery. Pretty good skills to have for a Gunner.

If you are a bow user it might be ok, but as an LBG/HBG user I typically never have low stamina. Personally I would wait for Rath Soul or Zinogre U.

Shengar

Proxies are fun. I decided to grab the USJ quest, so if anyone else wants to jump in:

Room: 26-7534-3637-7408
Pass: 1234

Full
I want to enter just for the hunt actually, no need for the armor and its godlike skill.
It'll hard to resift from not making it, isn't it? D:

tuffy

I've whipped up a room for Grav Palliums or whatever else anyone might need:

13-8041-1000-0258

would be nice to finish up the God's Archipelago.

Just got to HR in the caravan and crafted velociprey s which seems great except for the ice res. If you used velo s, did you just have a second set or...?

Vibed

Which would be a better set of Great Sword skills:

Attack up XL
Adrenaline +2
Tremor Res

Or

Attack up XL
Adrenaline +1
Partbreaker

I'm using a HR Monoblos set. The former uses all of my dec slots, so I almost feel like I'm wasting less, but partbreaker is really nice.

Thanks for the DC new person who came in xP

Edit: stuck solo and of all the damn monsters Zin triple carted me cause YOLO Thunder spam.

I've whipped up a room for Grav Palliums or whatever else anyone might need:

13-8041-1000-0258

would be nice to finish up the God's Archipelago.

We melted those Gravios' faces. Good hunts. Sorry about your Pallium luck :(
Next up, I need a B.Gravios Pallium!

Highwind

Downloaded and farmed the Star Knight set and outside of getting tickets, Colorful Feast is a great quest to get Seregios's and Zin's rare monster gems.

Started with 0 Jaspers and one lens and by the end I lost count of the amount of Jaspers and Lens I got. The people in my room also said they were getting a shitload of Skyemeralds.

Top Bottom