• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Leezard

Compared to an HBG, the LBG has:
  • fast movement speed while unsheathed
  • fast sheathe/unsheathe speeds
  • less damage per shot
  • a rapid-fire mechanic which turns a single bullet into a volley of several bullets
Rapid-fire is generally the LBG's biggest feature. In can turn one shot into 3 (or more) but at partial strength per shot for physical and elemental ammo. This ammo multiplication effect is especially useful for elemental shots which you can't carry many of.

So it's often recommended to use an LBG which fires elemental shots the monster is weak to and use skills like <Element> Atk +1/2/3, Bonus Shot (if you're willing to risk being held in place longer to fire that additional shot), Combination Pro (to make better use of your limited ammo combines) or just general-purpose evasion skills if necessary. It's a bit like Dual Blades or the Long Sword where one might have a wide arsenal covering lots of weaknesses and switch out as needed.

This is a great description. I want to add a few things:
-Elemental shots have a low base damage + an elemental damage. When you rapid fire an elemental shot (correct me if I'm wrong), the base damage gets the .7x damage mod per shot, but the elemental part is at full strength every hit and from all distances (so no crit distance for the elemental part).
-Rapid Firing Crag/Clust shots. It's insanely strong, because each explosion is at full true-damage explosion strength. Basically, you get 27 Crag shots instead of 9, assuming you make them all count.
Short thing to add on Elemental shots; while they have no critical distance, they have a shorter max distance than normal/crag etc.

Anyone up for helping me farm Gold Rathian for Rathian plates? Just need one more armor piece for the whole gold set. I do have all skills activated, though, so hopefully Good Luck and Partbreaker help make the process a less tedious one. Maybe. Definitely gonna need to cut the tail for more of a chance, though.

ID is 60 3572 6022 4377

Remind me to guide the Meownster Hunters when they have a * next to the elder dragon because the times i've let the game play itself they don't win D:

True Story:

This is my first ever MH game. After close to 100 hours and only at Caravan 9* and HR5, I told my kids that this might be my favorite game of all time. They said "That little game!? Seriously!?"

I've tried, guys, but they just don't get it.

True Story:

This is my first ever MH game. After close to 100 hours and only at Caravan 9* and HR5, I told my kids that this might be my favorite game of all time. They said "That little game!? Seriously!?"

I've tried, guys, but they just don't get it.

Someday they will become monster hunters too. And then, you can all hunt Savage Jho + Black Diablos together without dung bombs and bond as a family~

Renoir

OK.really quick , what's a better way to get a chilling beak? I have been killing najarala for 2 days now. Only got 1. I've been capturing, putting bomb on his face, killing him.. I don't know what to do now . got to be a better way.

tm24

So i did the Very illegal DLC thing and i got all the event quests and the extras, but the challenges and palico option gives me an error. Is this typical?

Thanks for the help Tarpii.

We have room for two more hunters. We been having a blast, come join the fun. (HR 3 atm anybody can join)

09-8828-0455-9893

Pass code is 1528

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
http://24.media.tumblr.com/53dd411bbcd5df0b2349e7a8c9c35ea0/tumblr_mvvaxiHRF11spnd4zo1_1280.jpg

That is so awesome. I hope monster hunter 5 sends us back in time to fight in that war ourselves.

I really wish there was a compendium online that had every single little clue about the monster hunter's worlds past.

The fact that the world is littered in ruins makes you wonder about what has happened in the past. Also all the hidden technology all over the place, it's crazy.

Beats

Trying to solo a Lvl126+ Velocidrome GQ was a bad idea. ._.

Never stops moving, endless respawning family, it's even faster when frenzied, and if there's a second monster in the quest they will never leave the first area depending on which one it is. lol

It's pretty much enraged like 90% of the time though, so Challenger+2 stays active for a long time. Also, its head is a pellet shot magnet.

Shengar

Trying to solo a Lvl126+ Velocidrome GQ was a bad idea. ._.

Never stops moving, endless respawning family, it's even faster when frenzied, and if there's a second monster in the quest they will never leave the first area depending on which one it is. lol

It's pretty much enraged like 90% of the time though, so Challenger+2 stays active for a long time. Also, its head is a pellet shot magnet.
You must be think "it just Velocidrome". Any 120+ GQ monster can kick your arse, I tell you.

PrankT

OK.really quick , what's a better way to get a chilling beak? I have been killing najarala for 2 days now. Only got 1. I've been capturing, putting bomb on his face, killing him.. I don't know what to do now . got to be a better way.
Not sure of a better way than to go and carve him up in HR. Hate to tell you I got one today while looking for some other items. They do exist.

HIR0

I need one more triforce to craft the final piece of link's armour.
I've been attracting a lot of hr4 and hr7 players and they keep carting.
I've been trying all morning.
May I please have help with three virtues?

The gathering hall id is 62-2298-6605-0886
Password is 2345

jorgejjvr

Password is 2345
I'll Help

Shengar

Totally useless. Focus also. They're a couple of skills that scream "this is a bow user's set".
It's shame because I want the elemental skill from Kirin X set. Well I guess Kirin X set should be my another blademaster set.

Password is 2345
I'll help steamrolling them.

Top Bottom