• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Thinking about starting up a room to farm the Sonic DLC quest. Would anyone be interested?

EDIT: Screw it, started a room.

13-8685-3461-3638
Pass - 0753

Salaadin

Molten tigrex is a prick. I saw his name and went in cocky because I typically handle any Tigrex real well. 4 minutes in and he triple carted me. Damn.

Went back and got him with little issue but shit...he can be nasty

Iryx

What quest do I need to do to get the Sonic palico DLC gear?

Super Sonic Seregios, it's a High Rank event quest.

Speaking of event quest, does anyone have any info about which event quests give out gold crowns? I know that the Yian Kut-Ku and Testucabra from last month gives small crowns and that the Congolalas this months can give both small and large ones, are there any others that have guaranteed crowns?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Super Sonic Seregios, it's a High Rank event quest.

Speaking of event quest, does anyone have any info about which event quests give out gold crowns? I know that the Yian Kut-Ku and Testucabra from last month gives small crowns and that the Congolalas this months can give both small and large ones, are there any others that have guaranteed crowns?
The Kirin one are both guaranteed big.

Ursn

I've completed every available mission on single player but it says I'm only 60% on my Gould card and I don't have the badges for *6 and *10 cause they have grey check marks instead of yellow. What do? :| I'm guessing it has something to do with expeditions since I hardly ever did any.

jchap

I've completed every available mission on single player but it says I'm only 60% on my Gould card and I don't have the badges for *6 and *10 cause they have grey check marks instead of yellow. What do? :| I'm guessing it has something to do with expeditions since I hardly ever did any.

Go to every town and look for villagers with follow on quests

Salaadin

Some missions unlock after reaching a certain HR online.

Iryx

6* and 10* requires Gathering Hall/Elder Hall progress to unlock all the quests, you need to be HR 7 to unlock all 6* quests, if you are, try checking out the Guru in Cathar, he has a quest but no yellow text bubble on the map. 10* requires you to be G3 to unlock all quests. As for the Guild Card, the Caravan sections also includes awards for completing all the Gathering Hall quests.

The Kirin one are both guaranteed big.

Thanks, guess I'm off to kill some ponies.

Ac30

Does anyone have suggestions for GOAT high-rank armor? I'm rocking full Nerscylla and loving the Expert +2, poison res. and trap master but there has to be something better and preferably farmable -- fuck fighting Monoblos 100x for that fucking heart, his scream + body slam when enraged is borderline cheap.

Ursn

6* and 10* requires Gathering Hall/Elder Hall progress to unlock all the quests, you need to be HR 7 to unlock all 6* quests, if you are, try checking out the Guru in Cathar, he has a quest but no yellow text bubble on the map. 10* requires you to be G3 to unlock all quests. As for the Guild Card, the Caravan sections also includes awards for completing all the Gathering Hall quests.

Thanks, guess I'm off to kill some ponies.

Thanks! Grand guru has a mission!

I'm confused, so I'd like your input on this.

I have two SnS, one with 180 Raw, 480 Thunder elemental and the other with 252 Raw, 180 Thunder. Assuming both weapons hit in the same spot and with no other damage multipliers (Assuming blue sharpness on both, for example), which one is better? Is 70 damage difference in raw equivalent to the difference in elemental?

Wanderer5

Yay my first G armor, the Tetsucabra Z, made.:D A nice bombardier set break from Dios (till I get around working on the X armor), with some nice guard up and earplugs that can easily be upgraded to HG. Too bad there no charge blade from the Tetsucabras.

I have two SnS, one with 180 Raw, 480 Thunder elemental and the other with 252 Raw, 180 Thunder. Assuming both weapons hit in the same spot and with no other damage multipliers (Assuming blue sharpness on both, for example), which one is better? Is 70 damage difference in raw equivalent to the difference in elemental?

I'd say it's dependent on the monster you're attacking. If you're hitting a monster weak to Thunder in its weakest point, the SnS with 480 element should do more damage. Otherwise though, it'll be the one with higher raw. Just check up monster weaknesses. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Ultrabum

It depends entirely on the monster and specific weak point.

http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/monster/stygian-zinogre

Look at this S. Zinogre chart for example. against any of the points that are 20 thunder or more,the ele will probably do more damage.

But keep in mind, many monsters take zero dmg from thunder element, and many monsters that are weak to thunder take very little in some spots.

The S. Zinogre for example takes 0 thunder dmg on its back when engraged! (note that the enraged back is the BEST place to hit for cutting damage!)

To answer your question it depends on the monster and what part you are targeting and your ability to hit the weakpoint ect.

Finally, Dalamadur down. Was beginning to wonder if it was doable solo but then on the third try right after the 10 minute warning he was done for. I think I was actually about to finish him on my second try but I got glitched inbetween Dalamadur and a wall near the end of the fight, character could not find a spot to fall through before the lunge attack came and put an end to things.

Anyway, upped to HR61 and looking forward to some new enemies.

It depends entirely on the monster and specific weak point.

http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/monster/stygian-zinogre

Look at this S. Zinogre chart for example. against any of the points that are 20 thunder or more,the ele will probably do more damage.

But keep in mind, many monsters take zero dmg from thunder element, and many monsters that are weak to thunder take very little in some spots.

The S. Zinogre for example takes 0 thunder dmg on its back when engraged! (note that the enraged back is the BEST place to hit for cutting damage!)

To answer your question it depends on the monster and what part you are targeting and your ability to hit the weakpoint ect.

Yeah, I forgot to add that. I know that some monsters are weak against some elements and "immune" to others. What I was trying to say with the "same spot" thing is that the monster is weak to Thunder . But I get it now. Thanks a lot to those who answered.

So I spent like half a day to create blademaster armor set with some decent skills while still good to look at.

3MnTHgJ.jpg

g1qYH7G.jpg

LdrLXTA.jpg

tm24

I think im doing this right

So ima assume you're using the Kirin Bolt Ultimus and the Lagia Sword. We'll use Monoblos as our target monster since he's weak to Thunder.

The damage formula can be simplified to

Physical Damage = [Power * Motion value * Effectiveness]

Power is the raw divided by a set number for each weapon that basically makes all the weapons more or less the same. You can find the values online or just look at kiranico which gives you the true value. So we have to find the true damage of the weapon. Kiranico gives us 130 for Kirin and 180 for Lagia

Motion value is basically how much power a move uses to dumb it down. You can see a list for all the moves here. So lets just saw you do the basic dash attack which is 18% of the true. So we got Kirin at 23.4 and Lagia doing 32.4 so far

Now for elemental damage. Thats actually pretty easy. [Elemental power shown / 10 x effectiveness]. So we get Elemtental true which we find that Kirin is 48 and Lagia is 18.

Now that we have those numbers, we add our sharpness modifiers, which at blue is 1.2x attack and 1.06x attack. New numbers are as follows

Kirin physical: 28.08 element: 50.88
Lagia physical: 38.88 element: 19.08

Then we look at the monster defense. Say you attack Monoblos at its Tail tip, which has 60% effectiveness for cutting damage. So we multiple the physical numbers by 60% so we get Kirin at 16.85 and Lagia at 23.33

NOw for elemental effectiveness. Since we're attacking the monoblos tail tip which is 30%. So we multiply that and we get Kiran at 15.26 and Lagia at 5.72. Add both number together and we get Kirin at 32.11 and Lagia at 29.05.

But what if you dont attack at somewhere that thunder isn't Super Effective at? Say its legs with 35% physical and 10% elemental? Using the same formula, it actually comes out to Kirin at 14.91 and Lagia at 15.51

TL;DR: If you're hitting something that has a 15 weakness to thunder, go elemental

Ultrabum

So ima assume you're using the Kirin Bolt Ultimus and the Lagia Sword. We'll use Monoblos as our target monster since he's weak to Thunder.

Power is the raw divided by a set number for each weapon that basically makes all the weapons more or less the same. You can find the values online or just look at kiranico which gives you the true value. So we have to find the true damage of the weapon. Kiranico gives us 130 for Kirin and 180 for Lagia

Motion value is basically how much power a move uses to dumb it down. You can see a list for all the moves here. So lets just saw you do the basic dash attack which is 18% of the true. So we got Kirin at 23.4 and Lagia doing 32.4 so far

Now for elemental damage. Thats actually pretty easy. [Elemental power shown / 10 x effectiveness]. So we get Elemtental true which we find that Kirin is 48 and Lagia is 18.

Now that we have those numbers, we add our sharpness modifiers, which at blue is 1.2x attack and 1.06x attack. New numbers are as follows

Then we look at the monster defense. Say you attack Monoblos at its Tail tip, which has 60% effectiveness for cutting damage. So we multiple the physical numbers by 60% so we get Kirin at 16.85 and Lagia at 23.33

NOw for elemental effectiveness. Since we're attacking the monoblos tail tip which is 30%. So we multiply that and we get Kiran at 15.26 and Lagia at 5.72. Add both number together and we get Kirin at 32.11 and Lagia at 29.05.

But what if you dont attack at somewhere that thunder isn't Super Effective at? Say its legs with 35% physical and 10% elemental? Using the same formula, it actually comes out to Kirin at 14.91 and Lagia at 15.51

TL;DR: If you're hitting something that has a 15 weakness to thunder, go elemental

I'm glad the math lines up with my estimate, #hedidthemath

Just switched the arms to star knight, less points wasted now but I still refuse to use the leggings D: not really a fan of the design

I like the whole set personally. I made it today and was able to get Artillery God, Weakness Exploit and Sharpness +1 onto it with the base skills. I wish I had better charms, since this set gives so many options with all of the slots. Wish the chest had more though, since the set looks good with some of the torso up stuff.

Thanks a lot for doing the math! Coming from a completely Raw background, I tend to automatically favour raw over elemental.

Wanderer5

Oooh I see a fatalis quest in the new DLC. Opened up a room to fight him:"room closed" He HR8 and up lol. Wish I could hint at that in the rooms ad.

Edit: crap too many HR4 lol. Making a new room.

63-0673-8505-1716

Wanderer5

Meh I try again with Fatalis later tonight, as I need to do some things before doing so. I tried him solo to lose to see if he will at least appear on the target list, but nope lol. Kind of annoying that his event quest is in a weird spot that is hard to advertise when making or finding a room.

Also some serious Berserk vibes at the place you fight him at lol.

So, I'm at Caravan 7 and HR4. The new DLC is out, and I notice I have access to a Seregios. I thought I'd give it a try seeing all the nice armor and weapons made from him.

Holy crap.

I only have a green sharpness Dios CB right now, and I bounced everywhere but the stomach, tail, or head. Add to that the thing looovvess being in the air, can clear an entire room in one lunging dive, and that brutal bleed effect...

I ran out of all potions about halfway through the fight, from that point forward I had to employ hit and run tactics waiting for him to target my Palicos. I wanted to leverage mounting attacks, but it was a waste without a full double charge in my CB which took forever to build because of the bouncing and his mobility.

Finally he started limping off, and I followed him up to #5, and upon entering got the 10 minute warning for the first time in my Monster Hunter career. He woke up strait into an enrage state, and hit me with bleed.

I was at low health, but zoning to safely clear the bleed would mean I'd need to jump to the Palico area (due to the side of the map I was on). So I stupidly tried to crouch in the room. to be fair, he was going after the Palicos, but he immediately turned and did a lunging dive at me. I carted :(.

with so little time to spare, I hurried back to the summit doing my best to build charge quickly on Ioprey and Rehmobra as I passed them. Another ultra on Seregios' head woke him into another enrage, but one more bounced hit on his wing ended it.

I didn't get enough materials to build anything =/ I was obviously not ready for this fight. It was amazing.

I kinda want to try again though. If I can get 5 Slavescales out of it, I can build the Seregios LBG, and that would give me quite an advantage for where I'm at right now...

So I tried to solo the new downloadable episode and barely beat Ukanlos with like 1 minute left on the clock... Who the hell think giving 15 minutes timer for this fight is a good idea.

Mzo

So I tried to solo the new downloadable episode and barely beat Ukanlos with like 1 minute left on the clock... Who the hell think giving 15 minutes timer for this fight is a good idea.

You can do it online, my friend and I two-manned it in 5.

Top Bottom