• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Shengar

Can you list the armor names so I can put them into an armor builder?
Golden Rajang is Grand Divine while Rusted Kusha is Kujula.
Any easy ways to farm Basarios? Having him locked behind expedition really sucks. I can't get him to show up
If you have fought it several times, there's high chance you already have its guild quest. Check your guild quest from the menu, just below guild card IIRC.
I've seen a couple of people with Megaman Palicoes and one player with the Zero Suit Samus costume. This is DLC for a later month, correct?

Also, what G-Rank quest has a Blue Yian Kut Ku?
I've only encountered guild quests but I'm not sure if they give you the same carves.
I'm trying to get the splendid beak for the kirin armour
They probably used Proxy technique or something like that. Or maybe hacked too since I believe actually all DLC content is already within the cart. What we download is just the passes.
G Rank Blue Yian Kutk-ku is GQ exclusive. We can farm it together since I need some cortex as well.
Is there a G-rank Fatalis mission?
Crimson Fatalis? Yes. Regular Fatalis? No, not yet at least.
Is there any point to the Event Quests? Don't even get the tick to show that you've done it :(

When does G-Rank stuff start coming into play?

Extraneous stuffs and access to otherwise inaccessible monster in their rank such as G Rank Golden Rathian later.

upandaway

Just did the Najarala hunt-a-thon with the GS, my conclusion on how to hunt Najarala:

1. Stand anywhere on the map not immediately in front of him
2. Start charging
3. Either it hit or it didn't, rinse repeat.

Beartruck

From now on, I'm booting people who have no active armor skills. I was in the HR3 Rathalos cap quest, and I got matched with a bow user who had no skills and a defense of 59. He got hit once and lost 70% of his health, so naturally he carts 3 times and we fail. So hopeful I'll see less of this in high rank.

Leezard

Master's Test, done! I had to use quite some farcasters, but I'd be a fool not to use them.

Wide-range +12 talisman feels like a crappy reward, but I'm content with finishing the challenge.

Leezard

What weapon and armor do you use?

I used

Fatalis Iregard
Selene Hem X
Grand Divine Ire Robe
Kujula Grip
Grand Divine Ire Obi
Rath Soul Greaves Z
Hearing+4 Edgemaster+3 no slots Talisman

for:
HG Earplugs
Honed Blade
Razor Sharp
Critical Eye +1

Razor sharp/sharpness+1/HG earplugs are the only ones I'd consider key. Adding a Tremor Res would probably make the fight easier. Healing Palicos are a plus as well.

Shengar

I used

Fatalis Iregard
Selene Hem X
Grand Divine Ire Robe
Kujula Grip
Grand Divine Ire Obi
Rath Soul Greaves Z
Hearing+4 Edgemaster+3 no slots Talisman

for:
HG Earplugs
Honed Blade
Razor Sharp
Critical Eye +1

Razor sharp/sharpness+1/HG earplugs are the only ones I'd consider key. Healing Palicos are a plus as well.
How long it would take?
I'm considering lancing for this, but apparently Lance and Apex Diablos just don't work.

Leezard

How long it would take?
I'm considering lancing for this, but apparently Lance and Apex Diablos just don't work.

It took something like 20-25 minutes, but I took my time in the base, waiting for wystone cooldowns etc. I also forgot to bring Sonic Bombs for Diablos. I think some time could be shaved off if you used Tremor Res and brought a sonic bomb for the first part of diablos. They do not start as apex (except Deviljho), they only become apex after they have been damaged a bit.

Qurupeke

Teostra is giving me a really hard time. The group always gets annihilated. I just can't finish the quest. HR Teostra was a breeze compared to this.

Not sure if this would be the right place to put it

Anyone has some Guild quest for Teostra or Kushala Daora which gives armor from the freedom series?

Trying to make a full fatalis relic set. So far i have only the Helm,Arms and Waist. Need the Chest and Leggings.I would be willing to give my Guild Quest in exchange for those

Shengar

It took something like 20-25 minutes, but I took my time in the base, waiting for wystone cooldowns etc. I also forgot to bring Sonic Bombs for Diablos. I think some time could be shaved off if you used Tremor Res and brought a sonic bomb for the first part of diablos. They do not start as apex (except Deviljho), they only become apex after they have been damaged a bit.
I hope they have reduced HP.
Otherwise, I'll try to divine armor upgrade my empress x set first before trying.
Teostra is giving me a really hard time. The group always gets annihilated. I just can't finish the quest. HR Teostra was a breeze compared to this.

With an IG user, Teostra doesn't stand a chance. He at most only used his Supernova once when I'm play against him. My usual flow would be: attack head>rage>mount rinse and repeat.

There has to be a better way of getting these damn Immenseness S tickets. Even eating for ultra lucky cat I end up with more USJ's and 0 Immenseness :/

Leezard

I hope they have reduced HP.
Otherwise, I'll try to divine armor upgrade my empress x set first before trying.

They definitely have reduced HP; Diablos went down way too quickly for them not to have it. When I thought I was half-way done killing Diablos he probably had 10% or 20% hp left.

I only had around 700 armor, no divine upgrades.

Qurupeke

With an IG user, Teostra doesn't stand a chance. He at most only used his Supernova once when I'm play against him. My usual flow would be: attack head>rage>mount rinse and repeat.

GAF complaining is super effective though. :p

I found a team with an IG and HH and we destroyed it really fast. It was really small too. Almost like a kitten. An angry one.

Rajang destroyed me and gave me a HARD time. You can't even let him TOUCH you. Wow.

Teosta on the other hand was such a pussy. Can you cut its tail? Because I tried and I tried...

GAF complaining is super effective though. :p

I found a team with an IG and HH and we destroyed it really fast. It was really small too. Almost like a kitten. An angry one.
I keep trying to complain to GAF about these tickets but the game gives me lenses and skyemerlds instead xD

upandaway

Did the Gravios hunt-a-thon with an HBG... 3 beams, 3 OHKOs, failed the quest. Hahahaha... haha... oh man.

As luck would have it, I got a Rustshard from the Najarala hunt-a-thon just previously, which turned out to me the Demon Isle. So I tried the LBG on the Gravios and it turned out fine. A whole bunch of explosions and normals.

My HBG skills are definitely rusty... LBG is so much easier to use in comparison.

I think the Lance is pretty much the perfect weapon for Gravios, it really makes nothing of him, but the only problem is that bounciness. I'd rather just gun him.

tuffy

Did the Gravios hunt-a-thon with an HBG... 3 beams, 3 OHKOs, failed the quest. Hahahaha... haha... oh man.

As luck would have it, I got a Rustshard from the Najarala hunt-a-thon just previously, which turned out to me the Demon Isle. So I tried the LBG on the Gravios and it turned out fine. A whole bunch of explosions and normals.

My HBG skills are definitely rusty... LBG is so much easier to use in comparison.

I think the Lance is pretty much the perfect weapon for Gravios, it really makes nothing of him, but the only problem is that bounciness. I'd rather just gun him.
This is somewhat counterintuitive, but I find HBG has an easier time with small, nimble targets while LBG works great against big slowpokes like Gravios.

The reason is that with Gravios it's easy to fit in lots of full rapid-fire barrages of elemental or explosive shot while he's slowly turning or slowly walking around. But for something that bounces all over the room, like the Tigrexes, squeezing in opportunistic shots HBG-style works out much better.

Infinite

tried to do the proxy server trick for the USJ quests and I couldn't connect to the DLC menu. Seems like capcom patched it. oh well

EDIT: If anyone opens a room for the USJ quests holla at ya boy

Phew, that Deliver 8 Bloodstones quest got a bit hairy. Ended up with only 2 Iron Pickaxes, waiting for the gather points to respawn. Got a lot of decent materials while roaming and mining though,

At what HR does it become necessary to get multiplayer help?

Iryx

Phew, that Deliver 8 Bloodstones quest got a bit hairy. Ended up with only 2 Iron Pickaxes, waiting for the gather points to respawn. Got a lot of decent materials while roaming and mining though,

At what HR does it become necessary to get multiplayer help?

I soloed everything in the Gathering Hall necessary for getting to G-rank, and the most of the G1 quests before I started playing with others, if you're good enough, you can solo basically any quest.

My main reason for switching from solo was that quest times were just starting to take so long, 30-40 minutes per quest and failing at that point just kills my motivation.

I have been absent for 6 pages. Sorry.

Any way, for those who can read Japanese, I found this today:

http://wizeweb.net/mh4gcalc/

This is only really useful if you're like me and are a huge nerd about knowing exactly how much damage you're putting out.

Basically, you pick your weapon type, which weapon it is you're using, what attack motion you're doing, what buffs/skills you have, and what monster you're attacking and it tells you exactly how much damage you'd do to specific parts of its body.

I can help with translations when I'm around if people are actually interested. If no one is, I'll just be in my nerd corner alone, which is fine, but I figured I'd post the link any way.

Edit: If anyone has a link to an already English translated version of this tool, that'd be cool too. I can read this one, but obviously I'd be faster at reading English.

Edit 2: Oh, cool, it does have the feature I was looking for, which is a ranking of the flat out best weapon of each type to use on every monster in the game (taking into account certain parameters again, like having sharpness+1 or not, for example).

I'll probably translate a bit of that later and post here. Don't have time right now.

bobohoro

I'm off MH4U right now, but I'd certainly be interested in a translation of everything you could get together. Crunching numbers and knowing the optimal weapon for each situation is half the fun of hunting games for me, so your work would be much appreciated!

Shengar

The Master's Test is batshit crazy. Tried a few times with Lance and I'm convinced that this weapon is nightmare against apex monster. Switch to my trusty Rath Soul Z armor with Emperor Boltbrute IG and finally managed to pulled it without cart within 27 minutes. I always worried using IG against Apex monster because an IG user that run out of juice is practically become useless. You can only take juice from apex monsters with drive wystone, and that mean whenever you activated it, your choice is to take juice or crappily try to attack it. Guess I really lucky with the juices, and Farcaster is your friend for this challenge.
Rajang destroyed me and gave me a HARD time. You can't even let him TOUCH you. Wow.

Teosta on the other hand was such a pussy. Can you cut its tail? Because I tried and I tried...

Yes, but I think it's only cutable when his health below 30%. Don't worry, the damage is retroactive though.

I'm off MH4U right now, but I'd certainly be interested in a translation of everything you could get together. Crunching numbers and knowing the optimal weapon for each situation is half the fun of hunting games for me, so your work would be much appreciated!

I'm messing with the tool right now, and I still intend to do some translations, but unlike some previous tools that gave rankings that showed the damage on every part at once, on this tool for the ranking part, I have to look at each body part separately. Sure, the translations will be easy once I've looked at the list for "Head" because it'll probably be the same weapons at the top, just in slightly different order, but that's a LOT more making charts than I'm willing to do without getting paid, lol.

Maybe I'll just do translations for what part you're most likely to be hitting per weapon per monster. Still seems like a lot, lol.

Oh, and the tool DOES show the damage to every single part at once if you're looking at how much damage a specific weapon does to a specific monster. It's just in the weapon ranking part where it ranks per body part.

For example, I was a bit bummed to find out that Luna Eostre (the best fire element phial charge blade) is tied for 10th place in damage when hitting Gore Magala's head. In fact, an elementless charge blade, (the final Seregios one, blanking on the English name at the moment) does the most damage to its head. This is even though Gore is ridiculously weak to fire.

But then, the tool has a DIFFERENT setting for his head if he's in rage, and then Luna Eostre's rank rises to 4th place (still behind the Seregios one, but even that one got dethroned from rank 1 by the dragon element "Le Salut").

So yeah, way more work than I'm willing to do, but I will still do some.

So, what armor should I try to do as a LS user in G rank after Seregios?

If you ever use the paralysis LS and like it, I highly recommend the Chameleos set, Grand Mizuha. You'll be paralyzing things 3 times effortlessly in groups, and solo I sometimes see 5 times depending on the monster.

Here's all you need to make it, plus its skills and what points it has into other things (as you can see, it's pretty easy to gem in Sharpness+1 into it, which will help even further with inflicting statuses):

yIeDwhU.png

With some set mixing and good charms, you can do crazy shit like this, too:

Made a status SnS set using Chameleos set + Grand Hyuga Legs and Status+4/Expert+11 Charm I found the other day:

Critical Eye+2
Status Atk+2
Windproof (Hi)
Sharpness+1
Earplugs
Status Crit

Not really the biggest fan of the look, but whatever lol. I think it's just the helm that bothers me. Also, I can get Crit Eye+3 if I drop Windproof to (Lo), but I'm not sure if the 5% increase is worth it. What monsters would need Windproof (Hi)?

upandaway

This is somewhat counterintuitive, but I find HBG has an easier time with small, nimble targets while LBG works great against big slowpokes like Gravios.

The reason is that with Gravios it's easy to fit in lots of full rapid-fire barrages of elemental or explosive shot while he's slowly turning or slowly walking around. But for something that bounces all over the room, like the Tigrexes, squeezing in opportunistic shots HBG-style works out much better.

Freaking Black Gravios is the worst beam spam I've seen in MH. Dude just doesn't stop holy crap.

Shengar

I have been absent for 6 pages. Sorry.

Any way, for those who can read Japanese, I found this today:

http://wizeweb.net/mh4gcalc/

This is only really useful if you're like me and are a huge nerd about knowing exactly how much damage you're putting out.

Basically, you pick your weapon type, which weapon it is you're using, what attack motion you're doing, what buffs/skills you have, and what monster you're attacking and it tells you exactly how much damage you'd do to specific parts of its body.

I can help with translations when I'm around if people are actually interested. If no one is, I'll just be in my nerd corner alone, which is fine, but I figured I'd post the link any way.

Edit: If anyone has a link to an already English translated version of this tool, that'd be cool too. I can read this one, but obviously I'd be faster at reading English.

Edit 2: Oh, cool, it does have the feature I was looking for, which is a ranking of the flat out best weapon of each type to use on every monster in the game (taking into account certain parameters again, like having sharpness+1 or not, for example).

I'll probably translate a bit of that later and post here. Don't have time right now.
Don't sulk into the corner like that, I give you the first request.
I've just tinkering with my Rath Soul Z armor for a while, and I wonder which one is more effective
Skills:
Critical Eye+3, Elemental Crit, Element Atk Up
Weapon:
Emperor Boltbrute (Kirin IG max upgrade)
Buffs:
IGs complete buff (Red, White, Orange), Attack Up L from Food
Motion:
XXA or just standard X
Monster:
Dahren Mohran, (blowhole or back if you ask for specific part)
Want to compare it with almost the same setup as a bove, just replace Elemental Atk Up with Attack Up L

Don't sulk into the corner like that, I give you the first request.
I've just tinkering with my Rath Soul Z armor for a while, and I wonder which one is more effective
Skills:
Critical Eye+3, Elemental Crit, Element Atk Up
Weapon:
Emperor Boltbrute (Kirin IG max upgrade)
Buffs:
IGs complete buff (Red, White, Orange), Attack Up L from Food
Motion:
XXA or just standard X
Monster:
Dahren Mohran, (blowhole or back if you ask for specific part)
Want to compare it with almost the same setup as a bove, just replace Elemental Atk Up with Attack Up L

I'm on the case. Give me a few minutes.

Qurupeke

If you ever use the paralysis LS and like it, I highly recommend the Chameleos set, Grand Mizuha. You'll be paralyzing things 3 times effortlessly in groups, and solo I sometimes see 5 times depending on the monster.

Here's all you need to make it, plus its skills and what points it has into other things (as you can see, it's pretty easy to gem in Sharpness+1 into it, which will help even further with inflicting statuses):

With some set mixing and good charms, you can do crazy shit like this, too:

Looks cool. And Chameleos should be easy to farm too. Should I use the Najarala or Dalamadur weapon for paralysis? The first one seems better but it does less damage.

Looks cool. And Chameleos should be easy to farm too. Should I use the Najarala or Dalamadur weapon for paralysis? The first one seems better but it does less damage.

Notice that the Dalamadur LS requires the "Awaken" skill to gain access to Paralysis. Otherwise it has no attribute. You could probably find a mixed set that gets Awaken, but its paralysis value is so far below the Naja LS that it wouldn't be as good.

Edit:

Okay, so that took longer than expected because the tool describes motions by what the attack looks like/is rather than button presses and I know nothing about Insect Glaive. So I tested the attack labeled "Thrust". I'll assume you know what is.

Also, the tool only takes red juice into consideration, and I can't find an option for food attack up from eating, but if you get attack up in both cases, you can assume they'd be equal in that respect. So here we go:

Critical Eye+3/Element Crit/Element ATK Up (I assume you mean the one that's for all elements):

Blowhole damage with Thrust: 75 (47 physical + 28 element)

Critical Eye+3/Element Crit/ATK up Large:

Blowhole damage with Thrust:....75 (51 physical + 24 element)

So on that body part, both setups are equal.

That was anti climactic.

Congrats, though. On the blowhole, Emperor Boltbrute is the 2nd best IG to use overall (behind the max upgraded White Fatalis IG).

Qurupeke

Notice that the Dalamadur LS requires the "Awaken" skill to gain access to Paralysis. Otherwise it has no attribute. You could probably find a mixed set that gets Awaken, but its paralysis value is so far below the Naja LS that it wouldn't be as good.

I see. Najarala it is then. Too bad I hate its battle...

Shengar

That was anti climactic.
Yeah, that was anti-climatic. Though my new setup will do better against monster that have weakness to that element. Maybe the difference will be shown if I attack body part with weakness of 25 or above and weapon with bigger elemental damage. I should test my Mind Stick "Fiend" against Michael Bay.
Today seems like an appropriate day to hunt Lagombi and go on egg quests.
Everyday is appropriate day for egg-straction though.

Yeah, that was anti-climatic. Though my new setup will do better against monster that have weakness to that element. Maybe the difference will be shown if I attack body part with weakness of 25 or above and weapon with bigger elemental damage. I should test my Mind Stick "Fiend" against Michael Bay.
Everyday is appropriate day for egg-straction though.

I edited, but just in case you don't look back at it:

"Congrats, though. On the blowhole, Emperor Boltbrute is the 2nd best IG to use overall (behind the max upgraded White Fatalis IG). "

Shengar

I edited, but just in case you don't look back at it:

"Congrats, though. On the blowhole, Emperor Boltbrute is the 2nd best IG to use overall (behind the max upgraded White Fatalis IG). "

I'm curious: How much damage the White Fatalis Glaive can do on the blowhole?

Top Bottom