• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Juraash

How's the activity tonight? Debating between this and some Bloodborne and MH usually wins as long as there's GAF rooms running.

G-Turns, farming a specific monster w/e. Pretty happy with my gear so I'm not partial to any specific quest or monsters. Mostly just looking to decode scrolls and maybe get a few odds and ends for honing.

Shengar

How's the activity tonight? Debating between this and some Bloodborne and MH usually wins as long as there's GAF rooms running.

G-Turns, farming a specific monster w/e. Pretty happy with my gear so I'm not partial to any specific quest or monsters. Mostly just looking to decode scrolls and maybe get a few odds and ends for honing.
How about some Kirin? Need to level it up to 120 so it could start dropping Platinum Mane.

Renewed

Went with some randoms to do G2 keys and as we arrive at the end, they start doing their urgents while mine didn't come up yet. Didn't beat Diablos, so had to solo that.

Then it's urgent time and since we did it before, I thought I could solo it... at least I didn't die. Ended with 11 minutes left.

Moral of the story: Make sure when you eat for Felyne Pyro, that it's actually there when you check your status.

apd_ng

My neogaf account finally got approved.. lol been like 4 months

Anyone know how to get Immenseness S tickets? I've got jap quests downloaded; forgot which one gave em

Also have Star knight quests

Anyone wanna farm em give me a shout!

So, today was really productive. Finished my Nerscylla Armor. Managed to end it at Bombardier, Critical Eye +2, Crit Status and Evade Extender. I'm sleep bombing with my Nerscylla SnS which, with Critical Eye, has 45% Affinity and 210 Sleep.

And in case I want to become support or get bored, I can switch Bombardier with ATK M and can still use Paralyz and Poison weapons.

The damage output may not be that great, but it's as fun as it can be. Plus, my hunter looks great!

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I'll give you the 8 I currently have for one! I've played against this dude for weeks and have never received a heart. This game!!

If only, molten tigrex is so annoying to farm. HE TAKES FOREVER, and one fuck up and it's all over.

I had a solid farming group earlier, we killed him 3 times in a row, each fight took about 15 minutes and on the 4th fight ONE TINY LITTLE SCREW UP carted 2 of us. He did that spinning tail lash attack thing shortly after releasing some blast powder, so two people just instantly exploded, me and the other guy were left and insanely low health so I far casted out of there and by the time i loaded into the safe zone he had died and the quest was over.

Fuck off Molten tigrex.

PrankT

If only, molten tigrex is so annoying to farm. HE TAKES FOREVER, and one fuck up and it's all over.

I had a solid farming group earlier, we killed him 3 times in a row, each fight took about 15 minutes and on the 4th fight ONE TINY LITTLE SCREW UP carted 2 of us. He did that spinning tail lash attack thing shortly after releasing some blast powder, so two people just instantly exploded, me and the other guy were left and insanely low health so I far casted out of there and by the time i loaded into the safe zone he had died and the quest was over.

Fuck off Molten tigrex.

I've had some great groups today and our average is about 5-6 minutes. No luck though.

Edit: got one! Now I don't want to let go of my precious.

Edit 2: got another. Silly game.

Shengar

Fuck off Molten tigrex.

This isn't right
Molten Tigrex is pretty squishy that it didn't funny. If your group have a competent IG user, status attacker and competent hammer user, Molten Tigrex mostly down under 10 minutes, with many of its body part intact. What take it so long mostly because people more likely to running around searching for opening that attacking the M Tigrex itself, which is why status attacker and/or IG user is necessary.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
This isn't right
Molten Tigrex is pretty squishy that it didn't funny. If your group have a competent IG user, status attacker and competent hammer user, Molten Tigrex mostly down under 10 minutes, with many of its body part intact. What take it so long mostly because people more likely to running around searching for opening that attacking the M Tigrex itself, which is why status attacker and/or IG user is necessary.

Whole group was GS users. And yes, 2 players were basically holding off trying to find a full level 3 charge opening instead of just hitting it.

Found a room doing the starlight quest and out of all the runs we did I only got 2 immenseness tickets so I'm still short 1, but I have so many Zin and Serg mats I can probably build my own by now.

Think I just had a super lucky run. Monoblos Heart and 2 Wyvern Gems in one go.

Btw is Dunes the only place that has a day/night area? Really miss the Night Cycle from Tri.

Shengar

That was a nice session of hunt, Juraash, Kitty, and pero! 140GQ Rajang truly didn't fuck around. That last rock throw will be my reason to hone all my weapon with defense lol

Whole group was GS users. And yes, 2 players were basically holding off trying to find a full level 3 charge opening instead of just hitting it.
Yeah, M Tigrex and Kirin is pretty shitty monster to fight with GS if you don't have any status attacker or IG user in the group. Moving non-stop whole fight, giving little room of opportunity with very high risk of combo'd carting.
G3 is required, yes.

If anyone open a Star Knight farming room, there goes my break lol

Juraash

That was a nice session of hunt, Juraash, Kitty, and pero! 140GQ Rajang truly didn't fuck around. That last rock throw will be my reason to hone all my weapon with defense lol

That was such a fun session. Got silver crown, broke HR 100, fought some things I really hadn't before. The 140s were intense but that 140 Apex Rajang was the most insane thing I've ever fought. In general, Rajang is one one of my weaker hunts so I was stoked to see him go down. How awesome that whole run was.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, everyone usually eats for felyne moxie when doing that hunt lol

Ahh, two days left 'till I have a final presentation and then it's MH4 alllll day.

And Mario Kart 8 DLC later this month.

April is good.

Still only at the 8 star village quests and HR3 online. I have some work to do.

So I've broke through G2 rank online, I've built a Regios X set and I'm using Fulgent Demolisher, so all of my stuff is upgraded as far as it can go until I start doing the special missions (like raging brachydios). Does anyone have suggestions for the next armor set to work towards?

Please tell me the parts names so that I can assemble them in the armor builder.

jchap

So I've broke through G2 rank online, I've built a Regios X set and I'm using Fulgent Demolisher, so all of my stuff is upgraded as far as it can go until I start doing the special missions (like raging brachydios). Does anyone have suggestions for the next armor set to work towards?

The Rajang/Rusted Kujala honed blade set

HIR0

I've seen a couple of people with Megaman Palicoes and one player with the Zero Suit Samus costume. This is DLC for a later month, correct?

Also, what G-Rank quest has a Blue Yian Kut Ku?
I've only encountered guild quests but I'm not sure if they give you the same carves.
I'm trying to get the splendid beak for the kirin armour

Man, I had to farm Gore almost 15 times for one stupid Plate. I don't even want to imagine what it will take for a Nyctgem. I'm not looking forward to it at all.
I recommend the Primal Forest M.I.A. quest, that's how I got mine on my first try!

That was after trying the Dread Locked quest a few times, of course.

Top Bottom