• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

tuffy

Freaking Black Gravios is the worst beam spam I've seen in MH. Dude just doesn't stop holy crap.
The regular one even looks like an AT-AT.

But with a LBG, my strategy is pretty much the same as when I farmed him in high rank: stay to his sides or back and keep rapid-firing water shot into him so long as he's not pointed in my direction. And if he does point my way, sheathe if necessary and scurry behind him again.

Makes me miss the Uragaans from 3 Ultimate, though.

I'm curious: How much damage the White Fatalis Glaive can do on the blowhole?

80 with the element attack up, 82 with the attack up large. Considering how damage calculation is done, it's a decent increase.

For example, the 15th best weapon only does 9 less true damage than Boltbrute on the blowhole with your attack up large setup.

I see. Najarala it is then. Too bad I hate its battle...

I hated it too. It was my absolute worst fight
apart from the Ukanlos incident of 2-3 weeks ago, which we shall not speak about.
because it was the one monster whose tells I didn't understand...until I solo farmed the materials to get its fully upgraded LS a couple days ago.

Now I'm comfortable with it.

Kinda sucks that Low Rank Dahren takes about the same amount of time to kill as G-Rank Dahren. : <

Dat online/offline difference.

I still stand by the fact that Mohran in "More Mohran" in 7* online is how the fight should always be.

G rank offline Mohran is a pansy bitch compared to that beast in More Mohran.

I wish More Mohran's Final Showdown started Mohran right next to the ship as well, but then I'm afraid most people would find it unsoloable due to Dragonship durability until they manage to perfect their solo ship defense in phase 1.

Phase 1 ship defense solo against More Mohran is one of my favorite things to do in the game, period. Even when I do it with a group, and we're basically guaranteed to succeed, I ask if they'll let me handle all ship defense.

Naja is one of those fights where I know the tells but ignore them anyways because. I hate that fight...

My first failed G rank quest was Tidal Najarala. It didn't help my hatred for it. And I haven't taken the time to learn the difference in tells between regular and tidal.

Shengar

80 with the element attack up, 82 with the attack up large. Considering how damage calculation is done, it's a decent increase.

For example, the 15th best weapon only does 9 less true damage than Boltbrute on the blowhole with your attack up large setup.
That's indeed a big difference, but Fatalis couldn't functioning without Sharpness+1 though.

I hated it too. It was my absolute worst fight
apart from the Ukanlos incident of 2-3 weeks ago, which we shall not speak about.
because it was the one monster whose tells I didn't understand...until I solo farmed the materials to get its fully upgraded LS a couple days ago.

Now I'm comfortable with it.
Hey, don't be down about it, that was part od my fault too. I should've pick easier monster to fight for your test run, not a Furious Rajang or Silver Ukanlos. We should complete your Bow set by kicking some manners into Deviljho.

Naja is nothing against IG though. It's like the weapon is the kryptonite for the snake wyverns.

That's indeed a big difference, but Fatalis couldn't functioning without Sharpness+1 though.

Hey, don't be down about it, that was part od my fault too. I should've pick easier monster to fight for your test run, not a Furious Rajang or Silver Ukanlos. We should complete your Bow set by kicking some manners into Deviljho.

Naja is nothing against IG though. It's like the weapon is the kryptonite for the snake wyverns.

Ah, yeah, I see your point. The sharpness increase on the White Fatalis IG with Sharpness+1 is fucking crazy ridiculous.

And no worries. I'm not really down about it. Mostly joking since both you and Kitty are in the thread at the moment.

I did the Tigrex 3D quests yesterday and that thing is huge! Easy gold crown right there, but the host left after 2 runs so I still need a few tickets there too to make the SnS and Palico gear.

Shengar

And no worries. I'm not really down about it. Mostly joking since both you and Kitty are in the thread at the moment.
So when will you done with Bloodborne? :p
Damn midterm prevent me from going further, stop right before Rom Since I haven't done Cainhurst Castle and Nightmare Frontier yey.
At this point I'm glad MH is a portable game. I can sneak a hunt or two while writing down paper or something else.

So when will you done with Bloodborne? :p
Damn midterm prevent me from going further, stop right begore Rom.
At this point I'm glad MH is a portable game. I can sneak a hunt or two while writing down paper or something else.

You actually caught up to me. That's where I stopped too. School and work have stopped me from progressing.

Iryx

Thanks for the help with the Raths, all Gathering Hall arena are now S-ranked, only 10 more awards to go before I complete my guild card, I'm kind of dreading crown farming though.

Shengar

Thanks for the help with the Raths, all Gathering Hall arena are now S-ranked, only 10 more awards to go before I complete my guild card, I'm kind of dreading crown farming though.
Yeah, the crown is definitely stupid. I hope event DLCs will help us achieving that.

PrankT

21-4147-9249-9617 if anyone wants to hunt 2 HR furious rajang. Need a couple apoplexy.

Nevermind, disconnected and need a different quest anyway.

sMkyYfG.jpg

iqZJmhOOseXhY.gif

Airan

I may have inadvertently obtained the Metroid set :D Some guy was posting JP only quests (at least, assuming the quest details are all entirely in question marks) where we hunted 5 Shrouded Nerscylla, First 4 are tiny mites while the last is a huge bastard. It's nice that this particular armor set is G-rank level, starts off at 110~ def :D Male gunners also get the Zero Suit with a blonde wig :D

Qurupeke

I may have inadvertently obtained the Metroid set :D Some guy was posting JP only quests (at least, assuming the quest details are all entirely in question marks) where we hunted 5 Shrouded Nerscylla, First 4 are tiny mites while the last is a huge bastard. It's nice that this particular armor set is G-rank level, starts off at 110~ def :D Male gunners also get the Zero Suit with a blonde wig :D

Wait what. Is that some kind of bug? Can the reverse happen too? Because I'd really like to be able to get the normal Samus suit for female character.

Anyone up for the episodic quests?

Sure!

KDR_11k

Am I doing something wrong or is the Daimyo Hermitaur supposed to hit a blademaster for 60+% damage with its hug attacks? That thing has so many absurdly damaging attacks it feels like I'm missing something. I've got Seltas armor and it doesn't look like anything else will have much better defense at this point (I'm only just past the Shagaru Magala).

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Am I doing something wrong or is the Daimyo Hermitaur supposed to hit a blademaster for 60+% damage with its hug attacks? That thing has so many absurdly damaging attacks it feels like I'm missing something. I've got Seltas armor and it doesn't look like anything else will have much better defense at this point (I'm only just past the Shagaru Magala).
Welcome to High Rank.
Enjoy your stay.

anyone down for a bronze crown Kushala urgent? Been doing misc hunts trying to decide what i wanted to farm, but that thing's looming over me :/

upandaway

Okay, so that's expected then and not a gear deficiency?
Well also high rank armor has a lot higher defense than low rank, the hermitaur is the first HR monster so you have to tackle it with low rank armor and it does tons of damage. It gets better afterwards with some basic armors.

But yeah in general HR monsters will do a lot more damage than LR, even with the best armor available.

Welp, I failed the quest.

I managed to kill Zinogre
(Rajang did most of the work)
, and Rajang was almost dead too (it was blinking), but I ran out of potions.

Sadly, I brought a team of Support palicoes but you can't set traps in the Sanctuary, lol. They were pretty much useless.

Gonna try again, this time with more pots and a healing team.

Juraash

So my hunts with GAF last night got me enough materials for my first honing. As a GS user my gut is to just go attack, but after watching a video highlighting the different options I'm not so sure.

Any thoughts from other GS users?

Something is wrong with my HomePass spot. I'm only getting Mii Plaza hits, not a single Monster Hunter tag so far. :(

EDIT: Oops, double post.

PrankT

So my hunts with GAF last night got me enough materials for my first honing. As a GS user my gut is to just go attack, but after watching a video highlighting the different options I'm not so sure.

Any thoughts from other GS users?
I do attack on great sword since you get hit less with the sheathing/running.

Top Bottom