• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Salaadin

Just do all the key quests (9 of them, I think), then the Seregios Urgent quest, and you're set.
Ahhh I see now.

I was looking at the app and see they don't have quests listed for "G1" but that's because it's technically guild 8. My bad.

Thanks

I've had it with this game. I just spent two days farming to improve my armour and CB as hit a wall at 8* Khuzu and I still triple cart after 40 minutes of hacking and slashing his ass with my new 500+ attack CB.

Why won't he die? Failing after forty minutes and 10 megapots is not fun. I have made the high rank tetsu armour as suggested and it was no easier.

I'm officially in a bad mood now.

upandaway

I've had it with this game. I just spent two days farming to improve my armour and CB as hit a wall at 8* Khuzu and I still triple cart after 40 minutes of hacking and slashing his ass with my new 500+ attack CB.

Why won't he die? Failing after forty minutes and 10 megapots is not fun. I have made the high rank tetsu armour as suggested and it was no easier.

Are you sure you have a level appropriate weapon? I've had 500 ATK CB since Rathalos in low rank

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

Khezu is an asshole even for more experienced players. My best advice is to play much, much more cautiously against it than you usually do. Also, beef up your defense as much as possible. Do you have an Armorcharm? You should be able to get it if you're at 8* offline. You can buy it from the shop. Also, make some Armorskin (Armor Seed + Catalyst) and bring a few of those with you.

Saro

Star armor?

A very OP armor set that has edge lore(fencing + razor sharp), mounting master, spirit, and enough slots to gem in handicraft and something else if you have a good charm.

It is apart of the Universal Studios of Japan DLC.

Edit:

Is there any chance of the quest hitting the US? There was some exploit for it but it got patched.

Valus

A very OP armor set that has edge lore(fencing + razor sharp), mounting master, spirit, and enough slots to gem in handicraft and something else if you have a good charm.

It is apart of the Universal Studios of Japan DLC.

Edit:

Is there any chance of the quest hitting the US? There was some exploit for it but it got patched.

Damn, guess I missed that. But people who unlocked the quest still have it right? So couldn't someone from GAF just post the quest and help the rest of us get the set?

Dreavus

Does Caravan ever get to G-rank monsters? I just fought the
Apex Seregios
, and I thought Apex monsters only started showing up in G-Rank. It was heavily scripted, though, and I didn't feel like I was taking obscene amounts of damage when I was hit.

cheesekao

Apex Seregios
, and I thought Apex monsters only started showing up in G-Rank. It was heavily scripted, though, and I didn't feel like I was taking obscene amounts of damage when I was hit.
You need to kill caravan molten tigger and be g rank in the guild hall to unlock them.

tuffy

Apex Seregios
The first Apex monster you meet is high rank and the quest is pretty much a Drive Wystone tutorial. Though G rank monsters do show up in the 10 star Caravan quests, they're all after the story credits roll and most(?) require you to have gotten to various levels of G rank on the Guild side before they'll show up.

Hi guys

someone time for Advanced: dragon attack 6*. Its impossible with randoms and i want|need to clear it for the trade goods it unlocks.

Gathering Hall ID is
15-3030-5491-0528

Everybody got dc'd? I thought it was just me since my connection really shaky.
Glad dc'd when it was capturable though.
I didn't bring tranqs but I killed it anyway. Though maybe I should start capping these things since it looks like the pallium is a 3% chance through capture xP

Shengar

I didn't bring tranqs but I killed it anyway. Though maybe I should start capping these things since it looks like the pallium is a 3% chance through capture xP

Want to hunt some more, but it's already middle of the night here, so I guess we should continue later.

Want to hunt some more, but it's already middle of the night here, so I guess we should continue later.

I was about to reopen the room since I had to restart my own router. When we all got DC'd it nuked my 3DS's wifi which is weird but that's that.

In case you do want to do more:

room 01-2327-4205-7102
pw 1111

upandaway

There we go, I was at 250 defense before, got some armor, an armortalon, and after food I broke 400. Now we're talking.

RIP my gunner armor though, still at 130

Got the prompt that I've done 500 quests and I'm still at 5* caravan and HR7.
Oops.
Should probably press on with the single player now.
The meownster hunters are great.
Something that isn't is the dismissing a Palico sequence, I felt like such a monster :'(

I was about to reopen the room since I had to restart my own router. When we all got DC'd it nuked my 3DS's wifi which is weird but that's that.

In case you do want to do more:

room 01-2327-4205-7102
pw 1111

You are already full xD but i managed to clear the quest. Time to farm some zinogre high rank. Who wanna join ? Or some rank up quests? Or the sonic event quest ?

Im open for everything xD

Khezu is an asshole even for more experienced players. My best advice is to play much, much more cautiously against it than you usually do. Also, beef up your defense as much as possible. Do you have an Armorcharm? You should be able to get it if you're at 8* offline. You can buy it from the shop. Also, make some Armorskin (Armor Seed + Catalyst) and bring a few of those with you.

If I play more defensively I'll run out of time probably. I was up to 40 minutes as it was. I'm not sure that defense is my problem though I'll check out the armorskin, not had any of that, ditto for the armorcharm.

The thing just seem to take any damage, I hit it with a large bomb and 2 bouncing bombs and was attacking it for over forty minutes. Usually things die in about 20 or less.

Maybe my CB is under powered but I only just upgraded it. Could it have something to do with me using a fire CB rather than an impact?

Mzo

Maybe my CB is under powered but I only just upgraded it. Could it have something to do with me using a fire CB rather than an impact?

lol Khezu is weak to fire if you're talking about regular white Khezu.

Dunno what to tell you, he died as fast as everything else for me, but I'm using GS. I noticed there are FAR fewer CBs in this game, probably due to it being a new weapon, so there might be more gaps between upgrades.

Go for the legs, then the head when he's down. Mount him and go for the head. You can knock him off walls with your carving knife, too.

PrankT

Anyone have a good g-ranked armor to use with hunting horn? my set has sharpness and it really doesn't add anything to the Sergeios horn
I believe armors depend on your charm and the skills you prefer. Below are some skills that I find useful with the horn and setups I use.

Seregios/Gog: Maestro, Attack Up, Challenger 2, Evasion+ (or Fleet Feet), Maestro, HG Earplugs

Grisdrum: Maestro, Awaken, Attack Up, Challenger 2, Evasion+

For Seregios/Gog I use Helios Helm X, Tigrex Mail Z, Nargacuga Braces X, Excello Coil Z, Greaves Z, +14 Attack charm.

With this setup I get Attack Up XL, HG Earplugs, Evasion +1, and Maestro (Maestro can be replaced with negate bleed for Seregios quests, tremor resistance for Rajang/Deviljo, or Divine Blessing if you think you'll get hit a lot).

Since the Seregios horn has a couple other decoration slots I also use the following: Helios Helm X, Garuga Mail X, Grand Divine Ire Kote, Excello Coil Z, Excello Greaves Z, +14 Attack Charm and get Attack Up L, Challenger +2, HG Earplugs, Maestro (or replace with any other 5 slot skill as discussed earlier). You can get the same skills by replacing Grand Divine Ire Kote with Miralis Grievers and +10 Maestro charm.

Grisdrum horn is used differently since you can buff in earplugs with a song and has a Blast element that needs the Awaken skill to activate. With this horn I use Kaiser Crown X, Rebellion Mail Z, Miralis Grievers, Excello Coil Z, Kaiser Greaves X, +10 Maestro charm. This gets me Awaken, Attack Up M, Challenger +2, Maestro, and Bio Researcher (not necessary, but only takes one gem and is very useful).

With the Grisdrum I also use Kaiser Crown X, Rebellion Mail Z, Miralis Grievers, Kushala Cocoon X, Kaiser Greaves X with +14 Attack Charm to get Awaken, Attack Up XL, Evasion +1, Maestro, and Bio Researcher. I switch decorations around to swap out evasion or maestro for negate bleed or tremor resistance for specific monsters.

These are late game setups. Early on I used tetsucabra and seregios armor and gemmed in maestro and evasion.

lol Khezu is weak to fire if you're talking about regular white Khezu.

Dunno what to tell you, he died as fast as everything else for me, but I'm using GS. I noticed there are FAR fewer CBs in this game, probably due to it being a new weapon, so there might be more gaps between upgrades.

Go for the legs, then the head when he's down. Mount him and go for the head. You can knock him off walls with your carving knife, too.

I'm using the Axelion Blade which has 504 attack, is this under powered for 8* caravan?

I really don't want to have to farm again so soon.

upandaway

Oh wow that post-credits Guild Hall video, that was amazing. This series is so good man.

Funny seeing the credits so triumphantly when they didn't even kill the thing but I'll take it.

I'm using the Axelion Blade which has 504 attack, is this under powered for 8* caravan?

I really don't want to have to farm again so soon.
That sounds decent, I used a 540/210 water CB on Brute Tigrex and it wasn't too bad.

I'd say look up some Khezu videos on youtube, I looked now and there's a couple that hunt 8* Khezu with a CB and the videos are 15 minutes long, see how people play a CB

Oh wow that post-credits Guild Hall video, that was amazing. This series is so good man.

Funny seeing the credits so triumphantly when they didn't even kill the thing but I'll take it.

That sounds decent, I used a 540/210 water CB on Brute Tigrex and it wasn't too bad.

I'd say look up some Khezu videos on youtube, I looked now and there's a couple that hunt 8* Khezu with a CB and the videos are 15 minutes long, see how people play a CB

Ok thanks, That's a good idea. I know how to use a CB as I've watched Gaijin etc but a specific Khuzu video might help.

I don't even feel that I'm playing that badly against him, he...just...doesn't...die...

Wanderer5

G rank Brachydios, sheesh. That new arc/round dash thing looks funny. I hate to see what his variant is going to be like lol. Well the quest to upgrade with his equipment again has officially begun!

Beats

Ok thanks, That's a good idea. I know how to use a CB as I've watched Gaijin etc but a specific Khuzu video might help.

I don't even feel that I'm playing that badly against him, he...just...doesn't...die...

I think your weapon might be holding you back, but upandaway's post makes me think that that might not be the case.

If you want you could try making the Arachnoscale charge blade. It has a little less attack than your current weapon, but it has +20% critical rate, a little bit of white and blue sharpness, and lots of green sharpness. I haven't crunched the numbers, but just looking at both side by side I'm pretty sure the Arachnoscale would do a lot more damage. It doesn't really require any super rare parts to make either, so you wouldn't need to farm for it. There should be a Nerscylla Hunt-A-Thon quest in 7*.

Iryx

57% drop rate on Brach Obliterators is a lie.
10 Raging Brachys killed, 1 Obliterator, 5 Palliums, 1 Reactor.

Now I know how the Rebels felt when the AT-AT's came for em. These Gravios lasers are just pain. BUT, I got a grand total of 1 Pallium so it was a success.

Bought this game recently. I'm currently only doing single player stuff, since I heard I should focus on that first. At what point would you guys recommend tackling multiplayer stuff? I'm currently at the point in the story where I've reached Cathar, fought the first frenzied monster, and battled a Rathalos

I'm sitting close to the end of caravan, but I haven't really hunted Deviljho alone. The caravan 9 quest is a frenzied Deviljho and I'd like some tips on beating this guy. Had a somewhat of a tough time with a frenzied Brachydios even with the level 1 wystone...

Top Bottom