• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

deim0s

Yeah, I'm no where near that far into the game to get quick sheathe easily. I'm currently in HR5 and Caravan 4, what would be the best way to get quick sheathe? Also, I'm running with a full set of High Velociprey Armor.

Don't bother with Sheathing - you'd just have to know when to hit him and when to charge and evade his attacks. Most of the time you'll just be running around like a chicken to find the right position to do a single attack or a leveled charge.

Wait, you're still a few ranks/caravan away before Rajang shows up...

I think the earliest sheathing armor is the Basarios one, checkout the 'Blos family armors - there is one in LR and G Ranks. But by the time you face Rajang, you'll already have better equipment by then.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Alright, so I've got all the materials to make the Storge S set (the female Shagaru Magala armor), but now I'm kinda reconsidering it. The defense is great, better than anything else I have, but the skills and resistances aren't that good, it seems. Would it be worth getting? I don't want to burn a Phosgem on it if it's not.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Alright, so I've got all the materials to make the Storge S set (the female Shagaru Magala armor), but now I'm kinda reconsidering it. The defense is great, better than anything else I have, but the skills and resistances aren't that good, it seems. Would it be worth getting? I don't want to burn a Phosgem on it if it's not.
Its alright. Its great vs frenzied monsters as the bonus affinity, plus the wystone bonus, kills frenzy monsters pretty fast.

Shengar

Better used for weapon. You'll get to G Rank soon and the armor will be outdated at that point already. Worse is that G Rank 1 filled with fire breathing monsters.

Don't bother with Sheathing - you'd just have to know when to hit him and when to charge and evade his attacks. Most of the time you'll just be running around like a chicken to find the right position to do a single attack or a leveled charge.

Wait, you're still a few ranks/caravan away before Rajang shows up...

I think the earliest sheathing armor is the Basarios one, checkout the 'Blos family armors - there is one in LR and G Ranks. But by the time you face Rajang, you'll already have better equipment by then.

Yeah probably. My best weapons:

Fire - Rathalos Firesword
Thunder - Khezu Shock Blade / Kirin Thundersword
Ice - Freezer Speartuna
Water - Thrash Blade
Dragon - Schattenstolz
Poison - Close to making a Chrome Razor

I've been thinking of making myself a Tetsu S set against bosses. I have a +11 gathering amulet to offset the armor anyways.

Also, Basarios sucks for GS users.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Better used for weapon. You'll get to G Rank soon and the armor will be outdated at that point already. Worse is that G Rank 1 filled with fire breathing monsters.

Yeah, you're probably right. But at the same time, thinking about it...Latent Power +2 could be good for me, because honestly I do tend to take a lot of damage in short periods of time (thankfully I rarely cart, but I do run through Mega Potions pretty quick). And the next best armor set I have is Gravios S, which isn't bad, but I think Storge has better defense, especially if I upgrade it a bit. I mean right now I'm using the Uniqlo set, mainly for HG Earplugs and Evade Distance, and it's serving me pretty well but I know it's gonna get outdated really quick (and I'm going to hate giving up those skills).

I dunno, part of me still wants the Storge set, but I'm sure you're right about it getting outdated quickly, and the resistances really are garbage on it.

So how exactly do you start getting relic armor? All my guild quests so far only go to E. Do I need to beat up more things in the everwood till the other letters start showing up or what?

CodeNfX

Spent about 3 hours farming materials for Sheath/Crit Draw jewels (only needed +4 sheath to activate the skill)... then I found a +5 sheath talisman afterwards. Gah!!!

co1onel

Yeah, you're probably right. But at the same time, thinking about it...Latent Power +2 could be good for me, because honestly I do tend to take a lot of damage in short periods of time (thankfully I rarely cart, but I do run through Mega Potions pretty quick). And the next best armor set I have is Gravios S, which isn't bad, but I think Storge has better defense, especially if I upgrade it a bit. I mean right now I'm using the Uniqlo set, mainly for HG Earplugs and Evade Distance, and it's serving me pretty well but I know it's gonna get outdated really quick (and I'm going to hate giving up those skills).

I dunno, part of me still wants the Storge set, but I'm sure you're right about it getting outdated quickly, and the resistances really are garbage on it.
The final HR armor tends to be better than the beginning g-rank armor since they have better skills and similar defense. If you want to make it, I'd say go for it because you'll be rolling in phosgems by the end of g-rank anyways. I've made several sets that I only used for a couple hunts, but I don't regret it at all. You can always make more armor if you don't like it.

Qurupeke

And done with the armor! Thanks to AmethystEnd for the suggestion.

HG Earplugs
Status Atk +2
Windproof (Hi)
Sharpness +1
Partbreaker
Status Crit
Heat Surge (I didn't manage to remove this)

Works really well with the Najarala LS. Now I need to hone my weapon and I'm ready to go after the very rare armor spheres and get 700+ defense.

Valus

Is there a list of armor sets that can only be obtained through GQ? I remember reading that certain sets looks even better than their G-rank variants.

Prisoner

Anyone care to join me for a little Ukanlos farming? (G rank) I don't need too many parts and none of them are rare. We can do whatever afterwards. :)

05-9357-3100-6489

EDIT: One space open!
EDIT: Full.

Frosteey

Neo Member
Got full Death Stench after finally farming the needed GQs:

Now to just get the ones needed for Storge/Arc...

I have a Garuga quest with the chest piece.

Also, I'm looking for S Zinogre or Black Diablos quests with Freedom series head or leg A/B/C armor bias. Or Rajang/Garuga Tri A/B/C for the Storge head, if anyone gets that.

It is kind of soul crushing how farming up the proper quest to get relic armor is so much worse than actually getting the relics from the quest.

I have a Garuga quest with the chest piece.

Also, I'm looking for S Zinogre or Black Diablos quests with Freedom series head or leg A/B/C armor bias. Or Rajang/Garuga Tri A/B/C for the Storge head, if anyone gets that.

It is kind of soul crushing how farming up the proper quest to get relic armor is so much worse than actually getting the relics from the quest.

The only piece I need now is the head for Storge/Arc. Have a GQ to get the legs, but I must level it up first.

Ristlager

And done with the armor! Thanks to AmethystEnd for the suggestion.

HG Earplugs
Status Atk +2
Windproof (Hi)
Sharpness +1
Partbreaker
Status Crit
Heat Surge (I didn't manage to remove this)

Works really well with the Najarala LS. Now I need to hone my weapon and I'm ready to go after the very rare armor spheres and get 700+ defense.

What's the armor needed for this combination of skills?

Neki

Anyone have a good g-ranked armor to use with hunting horn? my set has sharpness and it really doesn't add anything to the Sergeios horn

Can anyone help me with G Rank Zinogre? I need a Jasper, which comes from capping it at 8%. HOWEVER everyone online keeps killing it and it's annoying.

04-3508-8808-7638

Mzo

Can anyone help me with G Rank Zinogre? I need a Jasper, which comes from capping it at 8%. HOWEVER everyone online keeps killing it and it's annoying.

04-3508-8808-7638

I've cardved jaspers from HR tails and body carves. Got like 3 in the HR Hunt-a-thon, and the monsters drop fast. Might be better than farming G rank for it.

Does anyone have a recommendation for HR Gunner armor with loading? I'm only at HR4/Caravan8 but thanks to the Sonic event quest, I now have a Seregios bow.

Ultrabum

04-3508-8808-7638

I've cardved jaspers from HR tails and body carves. Got like 3 in the HR Hunt-a-thon, and the monsters drop fast. Might be better than farming G rank for it.

For G rank, you definitely want to be capturing it. You can use this tool to check it if you ever want the real numbers.

http://www.desiresensor.com/

PrankT

What's the quest name for the star knight armor with zinogre and seregios? I'd like to see if anyone is hosting online but not sure if the name.

Shengar

What's the quest name for the star knight armor with zinogre and seregios? I'd like to see if anyone is housing online but not sure if the name.

USJ: Colorful Feast I think. Unlike the quests we have been done yesterday, this one is fully translated, but we still need to go to USJ (lol) or using the proxy tactic.

Top Bottom