• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Renewed

Freakin' Azure Rathalos. Roars while airborne -> fine.

Flame blast while stuck next to it -> geez

Dodge incoming fire ball that pushes me with wind pressure -> uhhh...

Second fire ball kills me -> mmkay.

Gonna help one of y'all because I need a break from this, Wystones can wait.

Hey guys, so my wife is playing a lot of this game but hasn't touched the online multiplayer but wants to. Any tips that anyone can give for someone new to the multiplayer? :)

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Hey guys, so my wife is playing a lot of this game but hasn't touched the online multiplayer but wants to. Any tips that anyone can give for someone new to the multiplayer? :)

Show her this article. http://gaijinhunter.tumblr.com/post/75843164805/mh4-advice-to-new-hunters-going-online

Lazy and Claire, thanks so much for the GQ's. We hit a wall with our weapon upgrades and the idea of hunting down specific monsters in expedition to unlock their GQ was really killing my interest in the game. D:

Shengar

Thanks for the hunts Prototype and PrankT, I just got the pallium I need from tail carve on the last hunt.

Now I wonder if Brachydium armor really worth it. It have good slots, defense rating, look, and skills combination for blademaster and gunner alike. I have the charm that could easily gives me Sharpness+1 and Partbreaker with minimum gem. But the Brawn skill makes me think that I should go for gunner instead since it'll give me new style of play.
So just to be sure, the best gathering set is caravaner and guildmarm X's right?

I guess it is. Earth Dragonspire though

Poor Zinogre. All older flagship monsters but him have super subspecies where the fight took place in Tower or elder dragon battleground.

Wanderer5

I guess my wireless connection can get a bit wacky later in the night, but I ended up getting a seregios lens from a freaking shiny drop from the last seregios run I got DC, so I didn't leave empty handed after failing the quest.XD Looks like I going to finish up Seregios armor first lol, but well my horn set could use the upgrade the most at the moment.

Beside probably needing to do one or two more runs against him to get a few more of his common parts, it looks like I need to poison some Bnahabra for their razorwings. Was it a poison bomb I need to have again for that? And what the best area to find them?

PrankT

I guess my wireless connection can get a bit wacky later in the night, but I ended up getting a seregios lens from a freaking shiny drop from the last seregios run I got DC, so I didn't leave empty handed after failing the quest.XD Looks like I going to finish up Seregios armor first lol, but well my horn set could use the upgrade the most at the moment.

Beside probably needing to do one or two more runs against him to get a few more of his common parts, it looks like I need to poison some Bnahabra for their razorwings. Was it a poison bomb I need to have again for that? And what the best area to find them?

I did the G1 Netting Neopterons quest once or twice to get the wings, though I didn't use any poison.

Pierate

So I really want to try a new weapon, I'm currently maining SnS with some GS thrown in for variance. I love the speed and versatility of the SnS and the power of the GS but I want something fresh. Any tips? No gunner as I don't want to invest in a new armor set right now.

So I really want to try a new weapon, I'm currently maining SnS with some GS thrown in for variance. I love the speed and versatility of the SnS and the power of the GS but I want something fresh. Any tips? No gunner as I don't want to invest in a new armor set right now.
Have you looked at Funlance? You make things go boom and you can send your team flying to next Tuesday with shelling :D

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Well if you want something like that, then the charge blade is for you. But personally, I prefer using the switch axe.

I love the SnS I tried the Insect Glaive that was pretty fun as was the Switch Axe but the Charge Axe just feels so perfect compared with the SnS plus more damage.

Wanderer5

Whew Regios armor X completed! Updated my horn set to such, but I still need to do some tweaking. Also would need to upgrade the seregios horn itself then, which I need to face Molten Tigerx a couple times at least....

Ristlager

Whew Regios armor X completed! Updated my horn set to such, but I still need to do some tweaking. Also would need to upgrade the seregios horn itself then, which I need to face Molten Tigerx a couple times at least....

Got the seregios set as well as his gs (the second to last one). Love it to death, frankly can't see a better armor for me. The no sharping is incredibly useful. And gemmed with focus and draw critical, all I am missing is hge.

Pierate

Have you looked at Funlance? You make things go boom and you can send your team flying to next Tuesday with shelling :D

Well if you want something like that, then the charge blade is for you. But personally, I prefer using the switch axe.

I love the SnS I tried the Insect Glaive that was pretty fun as was the Switch Axe but the Charge Axe just feels so perfect compared with the SnS plus more damage.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give charge blade and gunlance a serious try and see if I like them.

Renoir

Can some of you straping vets help a nub out clearing some hr4 quest? 52-7723-4971-5179. PW 1111

Its the series quest I got to kill 2 monsters. But every one always quit once some one get carted.

:{

New room # accidentally closed my DS

Can some of you straping vets help a nub out clearing some hr4 quest? 52-7723-4971-5179. PW 1111

Its the series quest I got to kill 2 monsters. But every one always quit once some one get carted.

:{

New room # accidentally closed my DS
I can help in 15 min but I'm sure you'll be done by then.

co1onel

I finally got to G rank and did most of the caravan stuff in this game.

So what armor sets are good for early G rank?

I don't think any of the early G rank sets are worth making when you get there. Final high rank armor has much better skills and only slightly lower defense. G1 quests are the kind of stuff you could fall asleep to, so its not hard to hold out till G2.

Shengar

I don't think any of the early G rank sets are worth making when you get there. Final high rank armor has much better skills and only slightly lower defense. G1 quests are the kind of stuff you could fall asleep to, so its not hard to hold out till G2.

Double Cephadromes beg to differ.

Renoir

Thank you to those elites that helped.
Clarantine
Wolfe
Zetani
Felt like I was hanging out with the ace hunters..
I was defineltly the cadet..

:}

redcrayon

The Desire sensor was quite kind to me last night. I've been building a Gog set, and needed a wartorn dragonsphire. I gulped when I looked at the drop percentages being similar to my seregios lens that took me 20 kills to get. On the very next hunt, I got three, just as well as I haven't been with a team that's taken him down in under 25 minutes yet.

Will there be any noob helping runs later today?

I made it to 7 or 8 star solo (forgot which one ..) but I haven't touched online. Would love to run with some people who are new to or with hunters helping new hunters get higher HRs. :)

Will there be any noob helping runs later today?

I made it to 7 or 8 star solo (forgot which one ..) but I haven't touched online. Would love to run with some people who are new to or with hunters helping new hunters get higher HRs. :)

I'm on G2 atm but I kinda wanna take it easy for a little bit before another up hill ascent into further ranks so I can help you out some time.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Holy shit. Just fought Akantor for the first time. Beat him without using a single potion. Hell of a first test for my Seregios gunner set (armor and LBG).

Top Bottom