• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

True story, I just went from 36,000z to 660,000z by selling Black Gravios stuff. 12 hunts down and he still won't give me a dang Pallium.
Funny you mention B Gravios, I had a ton of his mats from HR and they sell for a lot too, not as much as his G version but still it isn't chump change.

Mzo

Green Plesioth parts sell for a lot and are super easy to get.

Akantor and Ukantor pieces sell for a hell of a lot and I am swimming in them because they keep making me fight those idiot monsters.

Wanderer5

Whew G-rank Zinogre lol. That wolf can move so far heh and quite frequently at this point it seems. I notice him tumbling on his back with his paws up more, and omg he looks adorable then. XD

Feel like maybe checking out G Brachydios, but think I will wrap up getting to G2 first officially lol.

Mzo

Took out the giant, extra-explode-y scroll Brachydios. He was scary!

I think the next scroll is the Gog I need to unlock some trade parts.

Took out the giant, extra-explode-y scroll Brachydios. He was scary!

I think the next scroll is the Gog I need to unlock some trade parts.
Did you block his blastblight? I found myself using biology when I fought him so the only thing I'd die to were punches and kicks and of course that damn tail swipe that always found a way to hit xP

Mzo

Did you block his blastblight? I found myself using biology when I fought him so the only thing I'd die to were punches and kicks and of course that damn tail swipe that always found a way to hit xP

Nah, I got blown the fuck up once. It was pretty much a one-shot during his enrage. Still managed to take him down, though. I ended up riding him at least three times.

His parts turning red and blowing up on hit were annoying, too.

PKrockin

That sinking feeling when you realize you need more Cephadrome Pinkfins.

I mean, I do not get online formality. Someone enters a room and initiates a request. I mean, why not start your own room?

I started a room, picked a quest and had two people pop in and pick their own.

So frustrating
I get why they try a room that has three people already. They're too lazy to wait for their own room to fill up. But when it's just you?

So I'm busy running through the Caravan quests, and I gotta hunt Stygian Zin. He goes to area 2 for a nap, and I follow him there to wake him up with some bombs. After the explosion, I'm ready to lance him to death when suddenly the framerate drops.

Fucking Seregios decides he's going to do everything in his power to deprive me of my carves. I forgot dung bombs. What follows are the most intense 60 seconds of dodging Seregios to carve Stygian in a lava-filled room.

Will this game ever cut me a break holy shit

Wanderer5

Ugh was up to facing Segerios to get to G2, but Mr DC finally came around tonight. Guess I give it a go tomorrow morning. Think I farm him a bit too whenever for his armor to go with the hunting horn.

Also my god are the khezus the absolute worse things. Not only really annoying, but also quite dull to fight(with the help of lack of music), just making it not fun at all. I be more than happy if they don't appear in the next game.

PrankT

Ugh was up to facing Segerios to get to G2, but Mr DC finally came around tonight. Guess I give it a go tomorrow morning. Think I farm him a bit too whenever for his armor to go with the hunting horn.

Also my god are the khezus the absolute worse things. Not only really annoying, but also quite dull to fight(with the help of lack of music), just making it not fun at all. I be more than happy if they don't appear in the next game.
Want to beat him right now?

Juraash

Mannnn it figures that the night I'm busy a bunch of rooms are posted lol and a Gog room even. Have to try and make up for it tomorrow with some G-Rank with GAF.

Wanderer5

One space open for segerios. Going to wait a couple mins, cause I need to do it soon.:p

Edit: Whew thanks guys. Sorry for that one death heh, but we got it almost low at that point anyway. I need to switch out of axe mode faster lol. Would like to do more, but I really should go hit the sack by now.:p

Now that I on G2, I will focus on Seregios and Brachydios greatly from time to time.

One space open for segerios. Going to wait a couple mins, cause I need to do it soon.:p

Edit: Whew thanks guys. Sorry for that one death heh, but we got it almost low at that point anyway. I need to switch out of axe mode faster lol. Would like to do more, but I really should go hit the sack by now.:p

Now that I on G2, I will focus on Seregios and Brachydios greatly from time to time.
It happens to the best of us. Congrats on G2!

redcrayon

Can anyone explain how the scroll stuff for advanced G3 works?

I'm G3 with a crown after beating Gog, and have apparently deciphered my first scroll after a number of further hunts, unlocking the G3 molten Tigrex.

Is it just that any G-rank quest you do contributes to unlocking another quest, or are specific monsters required? Are they all apex creatures? I noticed that some of my caravan 10* hunts contributed some letters too.

deim0s

Can anyone explain how the scroll stuff for advanced G3 works?

I'm G3 with a crown after beating Gog, and have apparently deciphered my first scroll after a number of further hunts, unlocking the G3 molten Tigrex.

Is it just that any G-rank quest you do contributes to unlocking another quest, or are specific monsters required? Are they all apex creatures? I noticed that some of my caravan 10* hunts contributed some letters too.

A successful quest has a value. Can't remember if it's based on HR earned per quest or something else. Generally the tougher the quest more letters will be uncovered.

redcrayon

A successful quest has a value. Can't remember if it's based on HR earned per quest or something else. Generally the tougher the quest more letters will be uncovered.
Lovely, thanks.

I was helping some people beat Gog over the weekend, some great moments in that fight. Once you get your head around all the weapons/restraints available, you can pull off some really long opportunities to pile on the damage. It's an interesting fight for people to get their heads around if they haven't previously encountered the battlequarters in Caravan though.

Apparently there's an arena I haven't seen yet, some sort of castle for a Fatalis quest, looking forward to that too.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
After a bunch of farming last night, I've got a full set of Jho armor now. I think that'll do until at least early G rank. Got Attack Up XL, Speed Eating +2, and Razor Sharp. Only downside is the bad Dragon res. Otherwise, pretty happy with it.

Top Bottom