• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Generations |OT| Generation X

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
What's the unlock quest for Honey\Bugs at the trader?
I keep hearing "kill 10 bugs quest as Prowler in 3*", but i got no such quest.

Anyone want to team up for some round Robin quests? I have some random monsters I need to kill that will be hard to find groups for to start some weapon trees.

Does anyone else think the Circle Pad Pro feels like complete garbage? I didn't bother with 4U, but I thought I'd give it a shot for this game. It feels so unwieldy and dumb. I hate it!

edit: And does MHG have those big multi-part boss battles found in MH4U? I hated those.

CPCunha

After a busy weekend, dropped my attention in the game today... just crafted my Jaggi armor and i can feel the pull from the game again... MH is like digital heroin...

Kinsei

Banned
where can i farm novacrstal and fucium ore ?? and where do i find torrent sac?

Torrent sacs come from high rank Seltas, Kecha Wacha (best chance of getting them), Royal Ludroth ans Seltas Queen. Novacrystals come from high rank Gypceros (low chance, make sure you break it's head) and high rank Kirin (50% chance from a shiny). Fucium ore is mined in the high rank Deserted Island and onward.

Wanderer5

Nargacuga in narrow areas ain't pretty at times, but I am glad to be fighting him at last with this game (well demo first I suppose :p), after his absence in MH4U.

Voidguts

Nargacuga in narrow areas ain't pretty at times, but I am glad to be fighting him at last with this game (well demo first I suppose :p), after his absence in MH4U.

??? he was in MH4U I'm pretty sure, unless I'm just having really bad PTSD.. hate fighting that lovely thing.

edit: derp, guess he wasn't; thought I'd seen his armor in 4U though.

Renewed

You could just get the Narga armour by trading pieces with the Wycoon.

Anyways, Purolator failed me so digital it is. Just started, even with these bonus gifts I can see myself doing lots of gathering runs in the immediate future.

Also of course my first harvest tour drops a Great Maccao.

I just had my first epic quest.

I was in a prowler room and after completing all the quests we wanted, we decided to try Stonefist Hermitaur. At first we were just fooling around, but then the fight got serious, especially after our first topple. WE HAD A CHANCE OF WINNING.

We started to heal each other, hit cautiously, we were determined to win. That was 20 minutes in and 2/3 deaths.

SUDDENLY, the Stonefist Hermitaur started to limp, I felt joy.

but then one of the guys got killed by the dig attack lol

We lost, but it was epic. :')

Vengal

That's what I'm using for MHG and the shoulder buttons work just fine.

I think the problem you're having is that the default option for ZL/ZR is set to activate Hunter Arts 2 and 3 instead of just emulate L and R like in 4U. Go into the options and change it and you'll be fine.

Nice! I was overlooking that option since I've been playing as a prowler almost the whole time.

Thanks!

Prowler Mode is amazing and it needs to be part of every Monster Hunter game from now on.

Do not play, Capcom.

Oh and of course, I hate the Prowler name. Palico too. Delete all that and just call them Felyne and Felyne Mode. The game is already hard enough to master, we don't need these fancy names.

What path should I go in dual blade upgrading?

I have Bone Scythes right now and was thinking about making Hurricane. Should I make those or upgrade the bone while waiting for a better option?

Bone and Hurricane are both 80 but Hurricane has better durability.

Kinsei

Banned
What path should I go in dual blade upgrading?

I have Bone Scythes right now and was thinking about making Hurricane. Should I make those or upgrade the bone while waiting for a better option?

Bone and Hurricane are both 80 but Hurricane has better durability.

You're in 3*, right? For pure raw I would recommend either leveling up the starting dual blades or making the insecticutters (upgrade the starting dual blades) and leveling them up.

Keep in mind that you'll want a pair of dual blades for every single element as they greatly benefit from it.

So I did all the Village 2* Key Quests, why hasn't the Urgent unlocked?

Talk to all of the village chiefs. You should also do their quests since they are required to unlock some of the 5* key quests.

You're in 3*, right? For pure raw I would recommend either leveling up the starting dual blades or making the insecticutters (upgrade the starting dual blades) and leveling them up.

Keep in mind that you'll want a pair of dual blades for every single element as they greatly benefit from it.

Yeah, I'm in 3*.

Thanks. I'll look into that.

When do we start encountering high-rank monsters in offline? Just wondering because I've learned to stick to one or two armor sets before going all-out on collecting them when they won't be obsolete.

There's only two tiers of armor this time around? Materials-wise.

Shengar

When do we start encountering high-rank monsters in offline? Just wondering because I've learned to stick to one or two armor sets before going all-out on collecting them when they won't be obsolete.

There's only two tiers of armor this time around? Materials-wise.

HR offline monsters only available as Advance Quest IIRC.

Also yes, there are only two tiers of armor, LR and HR.

jorgejjvr

Hey guys, when I try to trade with the cat. I pick the item, hit the amount, gratuity, but I can't hit confirm after? Am I doing something wrong?

HR offline monsters only available as Advance Quest IIRC.

Also yes, there are only two tiers of armor, LR and HR.
Thanks for the help.

By the way, does anyone know of any alternative sites to Kiranico? It was down a while ago, and I realized I should give myself options.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
What are some advantages of Light bowgun over the other 2 ranged weapons?

Bow and HBG are for dealing more raw damage but the LBG, in particular its rapid shot, can shoot a lot of bullets very quickly, so LBG is mostly used for dealing elemental shot damage and applying status effects. Also LBG is the easier of the 2 bowguns to use for beginners since it's more mobile (faster run speed unsheathed and lancer/gunlance style back and side hops between shots) but this might be negated by adept style. I haven't tried bowgunning in MHG yet, so I dunno how all of the styles of the ranged weapons change their dynamics.

I love Nargacuga, but I really wish Barioth were in this, too :(. And Gigginox.

Barioth is probably my favorite monster. Design and music are top-notch. And its armor was badass. Nargacuga's also the same story, minus the armor.

Daft Punk

Banned
About to finally fight the Great Maccao. Is there an established armor set chain yet for GS? I remember in 4U everything basically led into getting the Gore Magala set for Sharpness for the first part of the game before branching off. Anything like that yet?

Amiibro

I had to cancel my preorder and get it after payday does anyone got the free preorder theme they wanna sell for a couple bucks? I can't buy it in the eshop and its the one I wanted most.

Top Bottom