• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Generations |OT| Generation X

Doombear

I actually like the new upgrade system. It makes more weapons viable and allows upgrades to occur more incrementally.

I've heard a lot of people complain about it, but I haven't really heard any real reason why. Pretty much nobody plays these games blind, so the number of weapons available shouldn't really tangle anybody up.

Yeah I am confused by the amount of hate for the upgrade system as well. It seems more transparent and opens things up.

Doombear

Yeah, that is definitely a problem in this one, making money. I am finding myself having to be much more choosy instead of just buying gear/upgrades all over.

komaruR

initially i wanted to recommend ppl importing the monster hunter x hori grips for (n3DSXL/LL only) but god dam those are inflated in price like crazy on amazon and ebay.
i got them back when mhx came out for $40. never would a thought it be inflated to $100 now lol.

heard playasia might be opening preorder (what??? its out already tho) for those sometime in july 2016.

its a really good ergonomic grip. the L,R,ZL,ZR are mechanically transpose to the position like a normal shoulder buttons on current gen console controllers.

VJ0gsmZ.jpg

NajrQav.jpg

the top silicon cover is dreamgear grip that i just tack on for covering the top portion.

Pejo

Quick question, I'm trying to sever and carve a tail from a Mizutsune in the 3* village quest that he first appears. I cut his tail the first time no problem, but since then he hasn't respawned. Isn't there a food skill that will force monsters to spawn if it's possible? I've been looking through my list of dishes but I don't see it.

moowear

I'm pretty sure this has been answered but I'm at a lost finding it in this thread;

When does the 3 star urgent quest open up? I've done most of the quests sans 2 or 3 gathering ones and it still isn't available.

Do you have to complete ALL of the quests, even the 1* ones? This is in Bherna by the way.

Kinsei

Banned
Quick question, I'm trying to sever and carve a tail from a Mizutsune in the 3* village quest that he first appears. I cut his tail the first time no problem, but since then he hasn't respawned. Isn't there a food skill that will force monsters to spawn if it's possible? I've been looking through my list of dishes but I don't see it.

The invading Fated Four are one time only. You gotta get to 5* to fight him again.

I'm pretty sure this has been answered but I'm at a lost finding it in this thread;

When does the 3 star urgent quest open up? I've done most of the quests sans 2 or 3 gathering ones and it still isn't available.

Do you have to complete ALL of the quests, even the 1* ones? This is in Bherna by the way.

The urgent to get into 3*? Go talk to all of the village chiefs.

ChrisD

Screw Garuga, ugh. Longest seven minutes I've put into this game.

They brought his garbage back into 4U already, we didn't need him and his 0-60 Charge attacks to come back AGAIN. One of my most-hated monsters, by far.

Kinsei

Banned

They brought his garbage back into 4U already, we didn't need him and his 0-60 Charge attacks to come back AGAIN. One of my most-hated monsters, by far.

One of my favorite monsters. They should make it an elder dragon again so it takes 20+ minutes.

Use adept and roflmao his roars and charges

Cerity

Man, the c-stick on the n3DS is driving me up the wall now. I played 3U and 4U on the orignal 3DS XL where the Circle pad pro/Virtual D-pad worked much better.

I've ordered a psp1000 nub for the mod, it can't come soon enough.

moowear

The invading Fated Four are one time only. You gotta get to 5* to fight him again.

Oh, of all the towns? I guess i should try that, haha I've just been doing quests in bherna. Thank you, will try that.

ChrisD

One of my favorite monsters. They should make it an elder dragon again so it takes 20+ minutes.

If he didn't have the lack of a wind-up for 90% of his moves maybe I'd hate him less. He can legitimately start a full speed charge without any warning, and then follow that dash with a tail spin. Not only does it bug me gameplay wise, but it LOOKS clunky.

In his current state (aka the same state he was in back in Freedom Unite), I can't help but completely disagree.

Use adept and roflmao his roars and charges

Was going to do that but was too lazy to cancel the quest long enough to go into the house and change Styles lol.

Pejo

Ah dammit. I got a stupid fur on my one early chance I guess. Even got another one for quest rewards after beating the bulldrome. If i knew it was one time only, I'd have tried for the full kill.

Ah well, I won't waste time on it now at least, thanks!

tuffy

Hunting Rathalos on the Deserted Isle brings back all sorts of warm fuzzy memories - like how he was before he sprouted that obnoxious homing claw move in 4U. It's the sort of fight I could do all day.

If he didn't have the lack of a wind-up for 90% of his moves maybe I'd hate him less. He can legitimately start a full speed charge without any warning, and then follow that dash with a tail spin. Not only does it bug me gameplay wise, but it LOOKS clunky.

In his current state (aka the same state he was in back in Freedom Unite), I can't help but completely disagree.
A nice reminder of how much I hate fighting this guy.

Generally speaking if they're Gen 1 monsters then its usually a clunky looking shitshow unless they got revamped properly somewhere along the line.

what are you guys using during early game hammers?
I just stuck with the default out of the box, I always got the impression with hammers you should tend to eschew the elemental/side effects in favour of pure wallop power.
I may be wrong.

Kinsei

Banned
It sucks that they made Blangonga and Ceanataur easier. Where's the raging Blangos for Blangonga and the perma rage for Ceanataur?

cheesekao

I'm looking for some help for HR3 Urgent if anyone's interested.

61--9163-2344-3699

edit:looks like no one's interested. nevermind then.

baberunisei

I've never been interested in this before but somehow this time I got really hyped after playing the demo. Even got a Circle Pad Pro just to play it. Tips for a newcomer?

Kinsei

Banned
I've never been interested in this before but somehow this time I got really hyped after playing the demo. Even got a Circle Pad Pro just to play it. Tips for a newcomer?

Try out every weapon. Start with guild style as it's the basic moveset for each weappon.
If you have any trouble with a monster come ask here!
Do the single player quests until you at least beat the third boss so you have a good handle on how to play before going online.
If you don't know where to find an item use this website: http://mhgen.kiranico.com/

Did all the Felyne quests available to me.

Unlocked some farm options, got some ingredients and also raised the level of scouts.

Tomorrow I'm gonna work on the Hunter quests. :)

man fuck it, I'll start making lances in high rank

i can't tolerate this yellow sharpness and shit green for much longer. thank god for blunt weps

HR 3 here.

I'm willing to do HR 3 key quests (and perhaps farm a bit for weapon upgrades).

Alternatively, I'm willing to join and help anyone else who may require assistance.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
No one talks about it much, but Monster Hunter games always have amazing soundtracks.
I like mh4u small large monster music a lot more than gen. Also, the sidebit lores in the artbooks are huge revelaitons on the world. Monster that use to be war machine and vice versa.

Sooooo no that there's no farm, how do I "farm" for shit like honey? All I see is some stuff up for trade at the Chamberlyne. I don't really get it.

Top Bottom