• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Generations |OT| Generation X

ohlawd

08-5642-3970-6903

let's try this again. prowler, small monsters then non-key large in 2-star.

room called boring cuz it's true

edit: the fuck at this connection error

ohlawd

So basically you have to do Prowler content to unlock things right?
yeh. some of them are useful crap like letting you multiply fish, honey, and other mushrooms. that's in village tho. dunno if any of the guild prowler quests do anything. tbh I just want all this tedious shit over with so I can go all in with large monsters

yeh. some of them are useful crap like letting you multiply fish, honey, and other mushrooms. that's in village tho. dunno if any of the guild prowler quests do anything. tbh I just want all this tedious shit over with so I can go all in with large monsters

I did 3 two star prowler quests in the village which were all gathring, unlocked honey and haven't touched it since. Granted, I'm now HR unlocked, so I don't know if it's possible to push it that way, but it doesn't seem necessary to do it at all after that point, especially the guild ones.

VandalD

Best texture in the game?

WVW69janamUvuf7YP9

You can unlock that stuff by just raising your HR too. Had a lot of unlocks at HR4 and 5 for things like the farm and palico capacity.

delume

What purpose do the two currencies serve? I haven't use Wycademy points for anything but meals. They feel like I should be investing them in something.

delume

Stuffs at Palico Farm AKA almost everything.
Ha! So a whole new aspect of this game appears. I just ignored that area after getting some Palicoes, sending some off in a hot air balloon and just focused on the quest grind. Any Palico Farm tips?

Shengar

Ha! So a whole new aspect of this game appears. I just ignored that area after getting some Palicoes, sending some off in a hot air balloon and just focused on the quest grind. Any Palico Farm tips?

You need to unlock more of its feature so it can be fully maximized by completing quests. These quests are usually request given by NPCs so keep your eyes on them.

Kinsei

Banned

Get lots of might seeds, honey, and fish.

Shadoron

goddammit

no one was gonna join anyway lol. everyone only wants to do large monsters >_> back to that offline grind

I'm in for a couple hours if you want to put a room back up. 2* is perfect, right where I'm at. Do you have to be a prowler to do their missions? Do all party members? I haven't done any prowler missions yet. And I'd love to get the small monster missions done with some help. They are boring as sin solo.

redcrayon

When trading, make sure the Palico you send to do the trade is motivated- let them catnap at the dojo when they get tired. You can manage your trading and the meowster hunters via the assistant in your house.

Juraash

Ok so I've logged some time with the game and I'm feeling super, super conflicted about it so far. I don't like the story like I did with 4. I don't much care for the villages at all, while seeing the classic ones again is cool, I really prefer all the ones in 4 more. The early ranks seems more jam packed with gathering quests and other helpful, but boring stuff and I really don't think I care for prowler mode at all.

I dunno it's super early still so I'm not going to deliver a verdict, but I'm as cool on this entry as I have ever been with MH title. I'm almost tempted to go back to 4 but I know it'll be a ghost town.

Wanderer5

Blah, just got my first connection error. Ugh well glad that thanks to having a new wifi since then, I don't think I need to worry about frequent drops like my MH4U days least.<.<

ohlawd

I'm in for a couple hours if you want to put a room back up. 2* is perfect, right where I'm at. Do you have to be a prowler to do their missions? Do all party members? I haven't done any prowler missions yet. And I'd love to get the small monster missions done with some help. They are boring as sin solo.
screw it, fine. don't got work tomorrow anyway so fuck sleep

2-star hub. small monsters, one prowler, non-key large
68-9557-7486-8812

gotta sit the quest out if you aren't a prowler. just throw some decent armor and weapon on whatever Calico you got.

Shengar

Ok so I've logged some time with the game and I'm feeling super, super conflicted about it so far. I don't like the story like I did with 4. I don't much care for the villages at all, while seeing the classic ones again is cool, I really prefer all the ones in 4 more. The early ranks seems more jam packed with gathering quests and other helpful, but boring stuff and I really don't think I care for prowler mode at all.

I dunno it's super early still so I'm not going to deliver a verdict, but I'm as cool on this entry as I have ever been with MH title. I'm almost tempted to go back to 4 but I know it'll be a ghost town.
Since this game is for anniversary or commemoration, no wonder most village and NPCs are there for the sake of appearing and giving nostalgia vibes.
I need some Rathalos parts. Anyone want in?

I'm in if you're still interested.

Shadoron

screw it, fine. don't got work tomorrow anyway so fuck sleep

2-star hub. small monsters, one prowler, non-key large
68-9557-7486-8812

gotta sit the quest out if you aren't a prowler. just throw some decent armor and weapon on whatever Calico you got.

Booting up now.

demonkaze

I'm only just at the end of HR3 so far but I was wondering if it gets harder because so far everything in HR3 has gone down in 5 mins without needing to heal at all.

Kinsei

Banned
I'm only just at the end of HR3 so far but I was wondering if it gets harder because so far everything in HR3 has gone down in 5 mins without needing to heal at all.

I assume you're playing with other people? Only the deviants will give you a challenge.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Started the game and realized I'm getting bored from playing Charge Blade. Mind you I still the weapon is pure awesome but I played 200+ hours of it on MH4U and I need a change. I was considering trying out Aerial Dual Blades, anyone playing this style/weapon combo can tell me about it? Feels like it could be a fun change of pace.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Started the game and realized I'm getting bored from playing Charge Blade. Mind you I still the weapon is pure awesome but I played 200+ hours of it on MH4U and I need a change. I was considering trying out Aerial Dual Blades, anyone playing this style/weapon combo can tell me about it? Feels like it could be a fun change of pace.
Switch axe man. Do it now.

orkanamn

Banned
Man, the c-stick on the n3DS is driving me up the wall now. I played 3U and 4U on the orignal 3DS XL where the Circle pad pro/Virtual D-pad worked much better.

I've ordered a psp1000 nub for the mod, it can't come soon enough.
Word. I bought a N3DS last fall and immediately got disappointed of the c-stick after being used to the circle pad pro with my 3DSXL. Tried a system transfer to go back to the 3DSXL when I got MHG, wanting the bigger screen and better analog-stick, but fucking Nintendo don't allow that.. So I sold the 3DSXL and bought me a N3DSXL. Gonna look in to that mod you mentioned, thanks for that.

Edit: Had a PSP1000 stick laying around actually and it's not optimal but much, much, better.

Switch axe man. Do it now.
This.

co1onel

Is it me, or did MH4U look sharper and more vibrant? At least in the town.. (Probably just me, I just did a quick comparison.)

It looks like there's no n3ds enhancements to me. Gore is using the regular 3ds textures from mh4u, and I'm playing on a n3ds. They also locked the framerate at 30fps, which sucks, but it was never great in mh4u either.

Shengar

Did you play in groups? Does your group wear Bujabujabu? If so, no wonders. Bujabujabu is really a gamebreaking set on LR when used en masse.

Played a bunch of MHFU (Great Sword), MHP3rd (Hammer), and MH4U (Insect Glaive). Now I was close to falling into my IG habits but picked up the Switch Axe though I really do like both.

Having a blast with it. Taking more hits them I should but aerial dodge is just to fun.
Got to village 5 and barely got to HR2. Sadly been waiting on friends to get the game/ have time to play but it hasnt been working out to well.

I'm hooked again, so do we have a discord or just all we doing is posting here?

Kinsei

Banned
Played a bunch of MHFU (Great Sword), MHP3rd (Hammer), and MH4U (Insect Glaive). Now I was close to falling into my IG habits but picked up the Switch Axe though I really do like both.

Having a blast with it. Taking more hits them I should but aerial dodge is just to fun.
Got to village 5 and barely got to HR2. Sadly been waiting on friends to get the game/ have time to play but it hasnt been working out to well.

I'm hooked again, so do we have a discord or just all we doing is posting here?

The discord server is in the op.

Scher

What quests do you need to get 5* village
astalos

I can't get the wiki to work on my phone

The full chain would be:

V2* Slay the Velociprey!
V2* Hunt Down the Velocidrome!
V3* Local Threat
V3* Into the Wyvern's Den

Top Bottom