• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Generations |OT| Generation X

WVW69jat2L0lqhjyt_

dammit lol

I don't know what that level is called that you face the Rathian in for the first time, but it's terrible. By far the worst level design in any MH game I've played yet.

Love the inclusion of some of the MH3U ones. I'm getting major nostalgia. It's all the good stuff without the underwater battles! I do miss Gobul, though.

I have played and enjoyed every weapon extensively, but dual blades were a bore to me in MH4U. However Aerial dual blades is something else. I've never felt more badass. I recommend trying it

I'm only a few hours in, but once I get to Nargacuga, I'm hoping to have enough sharpness to make DBs more usable and try out aerial.

Kinsei

Banned
I don't know what that level is called that you face the Rathian in for the first time, but it's terrible. By far the worst level design in any MH game I've played yet.

Love the inclusion of some of the MH3U ones. I'm getting major nostalgia. It's all the good stuff without the underwater battles! I do miss Gobul, though.

That's the first area of the first Monster Hunter game. What problems did you have with it? Aside from zone 9 the area is pretty open which makes it super easy to dodge her attacks.

Mostly playing single player due to busy work week but the sense of progression isn't as strong as MH4U. Still really enjoying it, but overall it feels easier than MH4U, though I'm only talkin low rank village quests.

orkanamn

Banned
Suggestions on good early game switch axes to aim for?

I like the Shredder. It has pretty good sharpness and also boosts defense some. Plus electrical damage. Yukumo switch axe also seems alright, haven't tried it yet, though. It has better sharpness than the Shredder but without the elemental damage and defense boost. i was using the Iron axe until the Shredder. Bruiser axe has poison damage plus two decoration slots but I won't be using it until I get it to level two.

That's the first area of the first Monster Hunter game. What problems did you have with it? Aside from zone 9 the area is pretty open which makes it super easy to dodge her attacks.

Oh, I didn't have a hard time with Rathian. She was actually easier than I remember.
I'm a LBG user and there were blind spots everywhere. It was also really hard to get from point A to point B.

PKrockin

nibelsnarf is more annoying than i remember. He doesn't stop moving.
Aerial hammer trivializes him. He can't do shit.

How are Hammer users liking MHG? What style/arts are you using?
I actually think all styles are equally good. Guild all around, aerial for easiest KOs and mounts, bushido for safety, striker for strong, fast-charging super pound spam (but i would stay away from it in multiplayer)

This Brocadefish quest in village 3 star is the worst thing ever. How rare are these things? I'm over 20 minutes into the fishing and I've only got 1 out of 3?
This game has a problem with gathering quests, there's too many of them.

Kinsei

Banned
This Brocadefish quest in village 3 star is the worst thing ever. How rare are these things? I'm over 20 minutes into the fishing and I've only got 1 out of 3?

They're not too rare. You're not actually sitting there fishing waiting for them to spawn are you? Leaving and coming back to an area spawns a new batch of fish so just keep doing that until you see one in the pond.

They're not too rare. You're not actually sitting there fishing waiting for them to spawn are you? Leaving and coming back to an area spawns a new batch of fish so just keep doing that until you see one in the pond.

Well... that's better than me just sitting there. Didn't realise coming back would give you new fish in the pond.
Currently I have caught 46 fish with only one brocade...

Edit: And as soon as I do that there is 2 Brocades there.

colinp

Banned
Would a hammer be ideal for wounding a Nargacuga's tail? I'm running SNS now but am wondering if a hammer would do the trick faster...?

Kinsei

Banned
Would a hammer be ideal for wounding a Nargacuga's tail? I'm running SNS now but am wondering if a hammer would do the trick faster...?

I find the small fast weapons like SnS and DB to be much better for breaking the tail of Narga than the bigger things like hammer. Narga almost never stands still unless you're in front of it's face.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

The Goldenfish Bait the blue box gives you spawns Brocadefish for some reason. You're supposed to use that, I guess.

I agree though, awful quest.

Comandr

Was doing it as a cat. Took me about 25 minutes. Eventually I left the area and came back and saw my last one in the pond.

Sifl

I helped 2 people do the HR 3 urgent. I was supposed to be the last one of the 4 and the 2 people who got there's done left, then I dced.

Fucking RIP

PKrockin

Never count on randoms to actually do your urgent when your turn comes around. I could beat the urgent solo three times over by the time I actually got randoms to help do mine.

Insaniac

any good aerial dual blade runs out there? I'd like to improve my skills but everything i find is "showcase" or adept style runs

Top Bottom