• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Generations |OT| Generation X

WVW69jat2L0lqhjyt_

Clearly new avatar material right here.

Actually speaking of beaky, I just whipped up his gunner armour but noticed something I'd been oblivious to all this time and that's being able to wear the blademaster helm instead, is there any reason why I shouldn't do this? looks cooler and has more defence (that glorious miniscule difference!), I think it had the same abilities as well.

tuffy

Clearly new avatar material right here.

Actually speaking of beaky, I just whipped up his gunner armour but noticed something I'd been oblivious to all this time and that's being able to wear the blademaster helm instead, is there any reason why I shouldn't do this? looks cooler and has more defence (that glorious miniscule difference!), I think it had the same abilities as well.
The gunner caps often have different skill point amounts or different skills altogether. But if you can make the skills work out, it's always better to go with the blademaster helm since it'll have more maximum defense.

The gunner caps often have different skill point amounts or different skills altogether. But if you can make the skills work out, it's always better to go with the blademaster helm since it'll have more maximum defense.

Sweet because I prefer the blademaster helm here as well.

delume

For those using the N3DS/XL, how many of you use the right thumb nub? I thought it would be crucial but I find myself just tapping LB to centre my view.

Wanderer5

Did some hunts against Astalos (got to HR3 for such too) and that was a pretty cool monster to fight. Looking forward to the other three.

colinp

Banned
I find the small fast weapons like SnS and DB to be much better for breaking the tail of Narga than the bigger things like hammer. Narga almost never stands still unless you're in front of it's face.

Oh right!

Use the oils. I've broken most of the parts I've needed with SnS using the destroyer oil.

I know I have three oils but I'm not sure if I have destroyer yet. I'll check though, thanks!

Comandr

Woooot. Thanks man!
Thanks for the easy Galv hunt too! If I would've known we were hunting, I'd have brought my hunter.

It's okay. You did well. You can always change from Hunter <-> Prowler in the Prep area at the Palico sign.

The Glavenus scraps should be a nice little boost for your palico.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
For those using the N3DS/XL, how many of you use the right thumb nub? I thought it would be crucial but I find myself just tapping LB to centre my view.
I use L the most often, but I use both the dpad and nub in combination depending on which hand is currently not hitting buttons/moving the slide pad.

Kinsei

Banned
Just got a plate from my first Lagi! It's new moves really threw me for a loop. I was expecting it to just be a regular Lagi with a few of Ivory's moves.

co1onel

I use ZR and ZL to move the camera the most. It doesn't require taking your thumb off the face buttons.

orkanamn

Banned
I do the same. The c-stick is horrible. Modded my N3DSXL yesterday with a PSP1000 nub and it's a big improvement although it now is like a circular d-pad instead. Dealextreme.com has cheap nubs if your interested. It should be no problem switching back to the c-stick, but you won't.

JP_

Banned

I have the circle pad pro and rarely use the joystick but I use the extra shoulder buttons to rotate the camera.

dwix

So I've been enjoying Aerial GS lately, but I kind of want to mix it up. What's a good Sword and Shield option for someone around HR3 Offline? Serpent Bite or Velocidrome Bite seem like a reasonable place to start.

deim0s

So I've been enjoying Aerial GS lately, but I kind of want to mix it up. What's a good Sword and Shield option for someone around HR3 Offline? Serpent Bite or Velocidrome Bite seem like a reasonable place to start.
Going with the most sharpness would be good.

tuffy

I really like the four new flagship monsters they came up with. They've got unique designs, varied movesets, and even some good theme tunes. Glavenus took me the most Mega Pots to defeat, so it's no wonder they stuck him last in the Village. I hope they come back in future titles.

Now I'm off to farm my old pal Gore for his HBG.

Boney

Banned
I miss Qurupeko though, had a lot more of personality

And the giant mammoth is terrible, it's like hitting a stuffed animal that moves around with the wind or something. Doesn't do a thing

tuffy

I do too, even if he was a hassle at times.
And the giant mammoth is terrible, it's like hitting a stuffed animal that moves around with the wind or something. Doesn't do a thing
His design is interesting, but he was kindof a pushover; I just kept rolling behind him and putting piece shot up his backside until he died. I'd just assumed the low rank Village versions were meant as a warmup and the high rank ones would be more challenging.

PKrockin

It gets harder when you actually try to break his tusks, except mostly harder just because you can't really see what he's doing. At least he's got a memorable, cool, unique design unlike most first and second gen monsters.

They need to straight up replace Gypceros with Qurupeco at some point. Even his name is racist. lol

Kinsei

Banned
His design is interesting, but he was kindof a pushover; I just kept rolling behind him and putting piece shot up his backside until he died. I'd just assumed the low rank Village versions were meant as a warmup and the high rank ones would be more challenging.

All of the Gammoths in the game are female.

Does this game still have the uh, exploration mode of MH4U where you get randomly generated areas? (Haven't played that in a while so forgot the name)

Also, does Generations have more frequent 'saving throws'? The flash that occurs when you get lucky and an enemy attack doesn't connect. It happens to me quite a lot. (Aerial Switch Axe)

Kinsei

Banned
Does this game still have the uh, exploration mode of MH4U where you get randomly generated areas? (Haven't played that in a while so forgot the name)

Also, does Generations have more frequent 'saving throws'? The flash that occurs when you get lucky and an enemy attack doesn't connect. It happens to me quite a lot. (Aerial Switch Axe)

No.

Huh? Nothing like that exists in MH, you're just getting better at MoI dodges.

Cerity

You might be talking about the protection skill, which comes with the beginning armour set. It reduces the damage taken every so often and you don't flinch from the attack.

spiritfox

Seregios is still my favorite monster to hunt.

Edit: Ew the bow only has lvl 2 charge without load up. Totally nerfed.

Edit 2: What the LBG has no rapid fire. Capcpom pls.

Seil

Seregios is still my favorite monster to hunt.

Edit: Ew the bow only has lvl 2 charge without load up. Totally nerfed.

Edit 2: What the LBG has no rapid fire. Capcpom pls.

Uh, Seregios bow always only had lv2 without load up...

The Teostra Bow is the way to go in Gen, though.

Boney

Banned
As a primary Great Sword user, I just got a talisman with + 5 Fast Charge and 3 slot.

I could cry from the happiness

Wanderer5

Seregios.<3 One of my favorite monsters, and still as cool as ever, through he doesn't bleed in low rank?

I LOVED his hunting horn in MH4U, so maybe I will check it out again, even through they seem to changed it a little. Teostra's Orphée tempts me again also hunting horn wise.

spiritfox

Oh is it? I must have misremembered. Oh yeah it did. I forgot I was wearing Load Up.

Seregios.<3 One of my favorite monsters, and still as cool as ever, through he doesn't bleed in low rank?

I LOVED his hunting horn in MH4U, so maybe I will check it out again, even through they seem to changed it a little. Teostra's Orphée tempts me again also hunting horn wise.

He still does, but rarely.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

I played some bow in 4U and eventually quit cause I got sick of seregios being the "only" acceptable bow to use in the game. Glad to see the min maxers ruined the weapon again in Gen.

Fandangox

I join a random room to get some Rathalos carapaces and I end with a medulla, 2 plates, and a ruby.

I didn't even get the amount of carapaces I needed.

Seil

I played some bow in 4U and eventually quit cause I got sick of seregios being the "only" acceptable bow to use in the game. Glad to see the min maxers ruined the weapon again in Gen.

Nothing's stopping you from using other bows. Just like nothing's stopping someone from using a weapon type that never tops speed kill charts. People found the one that performs optimally, it's not their fault if you can't enjoy the game while using something else. Some people find their fun in shaving as many seconds as they possibly can off kill times, if you don't then their decision shouldn't impact you.

Edit: Hell, if people can enjoy playing with no armor, or ignoring armor skills and focusing on looks, you have only yourself to blame if somehow knowing what the best weapon is prevents you from enjoying others.

vareon

Why do you need acceptance? I go with whatever balances the cool factor and usefulness.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Oh, I'll use whatever, I'm not going for speed runs, but getting insta-booted from online halls got old.

Seil

Oh, I'll use whatever, I'm not going for speed runs, but getting insta-booted from online halls got old.

So you ran into idiots online? I'm sure even with an absolute perfect Prowler build I'd get kicked instantly by some random idiots that don't realize what Prowlers are capable of.

In Generations, more weapons are viable than ever, and with bows every single one has Power Shot now if you're using Guild or Adept.

People will always be kicked in pubs for dumb shit. But the devs made a bow that outperforms others, sometimes by seconds, sometimes by more, and people figured out which one that is. Every single weapon type in the game has a small number of weapons that perform the best.

The real solution is stop playing with idiots.

Top Bottom