• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Generations |OT| Generation X

I've been hearing points are pretty plentiful in this game while zenny is not so much. I've thought about switching to paying for pre hunt meals with points. Is anyone doing that?

Boney

Banned
I've been hearing points are pretty plentiful in this game while zenny is not so much. I've thought about switching to paying for pre hunt meals with points. Is anyone doing that?
I do. I burn a lot of money by upgrading gear and there isn't an equivalent for points. Not even farming dragon toadstools. I managed to end up with 8 zenny once and I'm constantly sub 1000zenny

Kinsei

Banned

I have way more zenny than points. I'm currently sitting on over 200k zenny and about 100k points.

tuffy

I've been doing that the whole game. Though after doing a ton of Village quests I had a small fortune in zenny by the time I hit the credits. So money isn't as scarce as I'd feared and I've had no trouble topping off my physical shots on a regular basis.

Mupod

I ran out of money last night but I had just finished buying a powercharm/armorcharm, buying thousands of pierce 2/3 and normal 2/3, making a ton of cat gear and upgrading a few weapons. I sold a bunch of monster bone M/L to stay in the black but I'm concerned about selling 'real' monster parts. The new upgrade system (use X amount of any parts of a monster type) combined with being able to trade for cat gear scraps makes me hesitate to sell extra parts.

edit: I compulsively collect wyvern tears, dragon treasures etc which I think is why I have an excess of points. I spend them willy nilly on the Meownster Hunters, cat training, and the trader and never make a dent. Maybe now that I have 3 carts and some higher tier Meownster locations I'll start running out.

I've been having the opposite problem. I get tons of money CRAZY fast while I feel my points are accumulating slowly. Granted, I have like 70,000 (or maybe 700,000), but I don't really see it go up much. How do you even get points?

I ran out of money last night but I had just finished buying a powercharm/armorcharm, buying thousands of pierce 2/3 and normal 2/3, making a ton of cat gear and upgrading a few weapons. I sold a bunch of monster bone M/L to stay in the black but I'm concerned about selling 'real' monster parts. The new upgrade system (use X amount of any parts of a monster type) combined with being able to trade for cat gear scraps makes me hesitate to sell extra parts.

Yeah, the game doesn't give you enough money.

thefil

Any recommendations on arts/skills for a gathering prowler? Hard to find any information on what's available and all the guides focus on the the boomerang ubermensch.

Also, does anyone have a list of the quests that unlock deviants?

By the way, Zinogre's and Deviljho's theme have always impacted me, especially the later. He has gotten easier to kill with these latest versions, but back in Tri his theme went perfect since he was alongside Alatreon as the hardest monster, so the music was fitting for an unkillable ravenous dinosaur.

Also, does anyone have a list of the quests that unlock deviants?

By the way, Zinogre's and Deviljho's theme have always impacted me, especially the later. He has gotten easier to kill with these latest versions, but back in Tri his theme went perfect since he was alongside Alatreon as the hardest monster, so the music was fitting for an unkillable ravenous dinosaur.

Sorry for the weird formatting, but:

Unlocking Deviant Variations:

Deviant Hub Quest

Redhelm Arzuros LR1 Arzuros "The Ingredient of Legend"

Snowbaron Lagombi LR1 Lagombi "Snow with Occasional Lagombi"

Stonefist Hermitaur LR1 Daimyo Hermitaur "Shells of Steel"

Dreadqueen Rathian LR2 Rathian "Royal Assassination"

Drilltusk Tetsucabra HR4 Tetsucabra "Tackling the Tetsucabra"

Silverwind Nargacuga HR5 Nargacuga "Narcacuga Throwdown"

Deadeye Yian Garuga HR5 Yian Garuga "Worst. Trip. Ever!"

Crystalbeard Uragaan HR5 Uragaan "Fight or Uragaan!"

Dreadking Rathalos HR6 Rathalos "Rathalos Run"

Hellblade Glavenus HR6 Glavenus "Duel in the Volcanic Hollow"

Thunderlord Zinogre HR6 Zinogre "Topple the Monarch"

Grimclaw Tigrex HR6 Tigrex "What a Girl Wants"

Pila

I started with the lbg, you know, I wanted something new. Never been a gunner in previous games.

Love my monsterz. <3

I was a staunch hammer user in 4U. I liked the strategic feel. I liked the KOs. But quick, spazzy monsters like Kut-Ku were the bane of my existence.

So when the first Kut-Ku hunt came up in Generations, I gave Sword and Shield a go. Dang, it's really good now. Exhaust Oil gives me the KOs I crave and the arts are really solid. I really like just laying a monster out on its ass with a solid Shoryugeki.

I don't know if it'll replace my hammer full time, but I'll definitely be pulling it out for the smaller monsters.

Tarps

So I pre-ordered the 3DS XL Monster Hunter Bundle, and Nintendo UK won't offer me the free HOME theme because I didn't order it 'via the eShop'. I bought it from the Nintendo online store and downloaded the 'pre-installed' game from the eShop as soon as I transferred my NNID.

What a bunch of jerks. Sorry, just needed to get that off my chest..

Pejo

So I played last night with some headphones on, and wow the music in this game is really fantastic. Not even sure which theme is my favorite yet, but it's just really great.

Also, finally upgraded my Kinsect on my Hidden Scythe to the speed variant, and it kicks ass. It's so nice to be able to be able to shoot the kinsect at medium distances and be almost certain it's going to hit where you want it to. Really opens up maneuverability options.

Did a ratio of 3 gathering/small monsters to 1 hunting quest last night, still have way more gathering quests to do. I cannot wait to be done with them though. I wouldn't even bother except I still haven't found a list of quest unlocks, so I still have to do them all. At least Prowlers make it way faster (particularly the egg carry quests).

I asked a few pages ago, but didn't get an answer: is there a way to mass produce well done steaks like in 4U?

PKrockin

So I played last night with some headphones on, and wow the music in this game is really fantastic. Not even sure which theme is my favorite yet, but it's just really great.

Also, finally upgraded my Kinsect on my Hidden Scythe to the speed variant, and it kicks ass. It's so nice to be able to be able to shoot the kinsect at medium distances and be almost certain it's going to hit where you want it to. Really opens up maneuverability options.

Did a ratio of 3 gathering/small monsters to 1 hunting quest last night, still have way more gathering quests to do. I cannot wait to be done with them though. I wouldn't even bother except I still haven't found a list of quest unlocks, so I still have to do them all. At least Prowlers make it way faster (particularly the egg carry quests).

I asked a few pages ago, but didn't get an answer: is there a way to mass produce well done steaks like in 4U?
You can have the bistro cook them at some point.

Energy Drinks > Well Done Steaks anyway

Cocaine_

Neo Member
54 hours.

If you want Mega Dash Juice easily couldn't you just give all that you have to your friend, exit without saving so you don't lose it, have him give you his, he exits without saving, etc. etc.? It's rare 3.

Wait, you can give items? How? How did I not know about this?

It has to be lower than rare 4, but yes. You click on an item, press give, and choose somebody.

His idea sounds perfect and flawless, though time consuming. However, only one friend would be able to give and quit at a time. Once finished, the one with more reciprocates.

Edit: Neveemind, just save when they're given to you and give them back once they return, thus leaving and not saving yourself.

Edit 2: Theoretically you can do that with any consumable rare 3 or lower.

PKrockin

It's one of the options when you select an item in your inventory. Nice to know if someone forgot hot drinks or max potions, or if you want to carry some extra ammo for a gunner in your party for those long multi-monster quests.

The amount of times I've had to give out hot and cold drinks to my local mp buddies, I just always pack them with me, these days space is much less of an issue.

Makes me feel like a god damn hero, of thirst quenching beverages.

Anyone down for some HR3 hunts in about 20-30 minutes? Planning on making a weapon from each of the Fated Four and Gore, and then going to HR4.

Someone start making a lobby please, I'm walking home.

Now I'm also interested in taking down all the possible LR deviants, though I'm still missing Azurous and Hernitaur.

Has anyone here obtained a Mizutsune Plate yet? I've picked up every shiny drop, carved tail and body, captured it twice, and prayed yet have still not gotten one within the 10 times I just fought it.

Top Bottom