• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Generations |OT| Generation X

Cocaine_

Neo Member
Has anyone here obtained a Mizutsune Plate yet? I've picked up every shiny drop, carved tail and body, captured it twice, and prayed yet have still not gotten one within the 10 times I just fought it.

I was grinding for claws and killed maybe 15 Mizu's. Got 3 Plates lol.

Whatcha using them for?

Shengar

Has anyone here obtained a Mizutsune Plate yet? I've picked up every shiny drop, carved tail and body, captured it twice, and prayed yet have still not gotten one within the 10 times I just fought it.

It's desire sensor, you can't escape it.
My comment is half serious because it's determined by RNG. All you could do is improve the odds by breaking its, cutting tails, and things like that, praying that it gives you the plate word. If you're in no rush of upgrading Mizutsune weapon, you could always try to farm its HR version since it'll have better chance at giving a plate, plus you're gonna farm for its gem anyway.

Beats

I've gotten one so far in the 6 times I've fought it. You'll want to break the head and wound the tail to increase your chances. Capturing and carving the tail won't give you a plate.

I was grinding for claws and killed maybe 15 Mizu's. Got 3 Plates lol.

Whatcha using them for?
I can't say I'm using it for something specific, but upon looking through my inventory I realized after having 20+ of every other material, I don't have a single Plate. It's kind of bugging me.
It's desire sensor, you can't escape it.
My comment is half serious because it's determined by RNG. All you could do is improve the odds by breaking its, cutting tails, and things like that, praying that it gives you the plate word. If you're in no rush of upgrading Mizutsune weapon, you could always try to farm its HR version since it'll have better chance at giving a plate, plus you're gonna farm for its gem anyway.
Oh the High Rank version drops Plates too?

fleck0

I can't figure out how to change the details of a multiplayer lobby such as which monster we're hunting, what am I missing?

Ayyy one of my Palico's stole a Mizutsune Plate!

Speaking of cats, does anyone know when playing as a Prowler if you get the same/less quest rewards?

gardfish

Huh...did not expect Glavenus to be the village final boss. Even by Monster Hunter story standards, that was anticlimactic.

Interesting cutscene afterward though, lol.

Kinsei

Banned
Huh...did not expect Glavenus to be the village final boss. Even by Monster Hunter story standards, that was anticlimactic.

Nah, the true anticlimactic MH final boss is Zingore. I have no clue what they were thinking in P3rd. Glavenus is a step up from that and it's fun to fight unlike things like Lao and Ceadeus.

Shagaru remains the best final village boss.

Mfw I finally get the Regios set and demolish fools with CritDraw:

I was expecting a lot of things after the Glavenus fight... But I did not expect that.

Nah, the true anticlimactic MH final boss is Zingore. I have no clue what they were thinking in P3rd. Glavenus is a step up from that and it's fun to fight unlike things like Lao and Ceadeus.

Shagaru remains the best final village boss.

Completely agree, need more monsters that feel like final bosses.

Oh, I'm at 42h here, but you seem much further ahead than me. Where are you up to in Village/Hub?
Hub 2 and Village 4.

I'm pretty sure you are ahead of me. :p

I have been doing a lot of gathering quests and I'm trying not to check the key quests list, I'm just having fun and doing whatever I want, lol.

Cocaine_

Neo Member
I still remember that first fight against Shagaru. Man, that game was perfectly paced. I've never felt so hyped for a fight in the game. 4U was my first MH since MH1.

HR3 keys

26-3411-0962-1157

after that, HR4 prowler quests so I can unlock the Palico level cap
I was just going to ask about that.

My main felyne just hit level 20 and I noticed that its level is now being displayed in orange. That's a level cap right?

Is there a way to unlock the level cap in the village?

ohlawd

I was just going to ask about that.

My main felyne just hit level 20 and I noticed that its level is now being displayed in orange. That's a level cap right?

Is there a way to unlock the level cap in the village?
just following what someone said in this thread. they said no, all Palico level caps are unlocked from the hub quests

R0ckman

Whats the point of "kitty freak out" status effect? Is there another status effect the cats can't get? Its basically an additional status effect for them on top of the others.

Talk to the trader palico in the palico ranch. You can only do herbs at first, but eithe doing palico quests or reaching hr 4 and subsequently hr 5 unlocks the other services

Once you talk to him, you can do the trading from your house palico. You can also unlock the other trade things through a series of village quests, but they are (almost?) all palico only ones.

ohlawd

k thanks for the help. didn't get to do the cat quests but eh whatever, HR4's good enough. I'll see if I can find randoms to do it with

Dak'kon

Hub 2 and Village 4.

I'm pretty sure you are ahead of me. :p

I have been doing a lot of gathering quests and I'm trying not to check the key quests list, I'm just having fun and doing whatever I want, lol.

Ah, well I've only just got my HR1 Urgent but I've done nothing other than keys. I'm at 5* Village but I've 100% 1*-4* so I guess we're similar in progress. I always feel like I play MonHun much slower than just about anyone though. I agree just playing and having fun. With 4U I blazed through the keys and then had masses of basic quests to finish to unlock the final mission. I've only done the Hub keys because I joined a room with randoms but I want to try and finish as many other quests before completing my Urgent just to have relaxing fun playing with others.

So Adept allows you to basically evade into AoE attacks to get a free counter? I've tested it with Khezu's lightning body attack and Urugaan's sleep gas attack so I'm guessing it works with things like Volvidon's stink gas and Malfestio's confuse gas as well? It seems kind of OP since it requires no skill or timing. Just roll into the AoE and get a counter...

tuffy

I see I'm not the only one tackling quests a bit slowly. Though I'm still HR1 on the hub side, I've finally hit the Village 6* last night and things have been going smoothly. Just need Gore to drop some Feelers so I can forge his HBG, then work my way up to Shagaru so I can upgrade Mizutsune's HBG. I always feel better about going online once my weapons and armor are sorted out.

Kinsei

Banned
Yeah, the Magala storyline is the best one yet, and the monster itself (both versions) is memorable.

Ceadeus may be the next best one. The story with it was a little bit lame, but that fight was SO GOOD.

Yeah, fighting something that spends a third of the fight swimming away from you and the second two thirds barely attacking is a lot of fun.

Ceadeus was my least favorite final boss. I think tigrex (mid boss, boss?) was by far my favorite!

Tigrex was never a final boss. The final boss of MHF2 (the game Tigrex was introduced in) was Shen Gaoren.

Yeah, fighting something that spends a third of the fight swimming away from you and the second two thirds barely attacking is a lot of fun.

I kinda enjoyed it because of it. It feels very different to regular punching monsters non stop. It has a different pacing and feels like a big event. The final stage is huge, vertically. Those underwater ruins, and Ceadeus itself are super unique.

I normally hate slow/giant monsters like Jhen and Lao, but Ceadeus fight is one I remember dearly.

Dak'kon

Ceadeus was my least favorite final boss. I think tigrex (mid boss, boss?) was by far my favorite!

That music though...

I see I'm not the only one tackling quests a bit slowly. Though I'm still HR1 on the hub side, I've finally hit the Village 6* last night and things have been going smoothly. Just need Gore to drop some Feelers so I can forge his HBG, then work my way up to Shagaru so I can upgrade Mizutsune's HBG. I always feel better about going online once my weapons and armor are sorted out.

See, I'd be perfectly fine completing Village before heading online but then people would probably complain that I'm overpowered.

Yeah the Hub quests can go too fast in a team of 4 (be it hunters or cats) but village first just feels good.

tuffy

See, I'd be perfectly fine completing Village before heading online but then people would probably complain that I'm overpowered.
At least in this case the Village is mostly limited to low rank so it's hard to get too far ahead of the curve - unlike what I've unintentionally done in the past.

Mupod

That music though...

yeah I take my time, but I also try not to ruin it for everyone else. The nice thing about this one is I can just go cat mode as an easy way to gimp myself. I have a good idea for a joke set too.

But right now I'm leisurely finishing off village and will progress when I damn well feel like it. These games don't come often so why rush it?

Dak'kon

Do people really complain about this?

Well I can understand that people don't want to be carried. I had people complain when I went back to grind LR materials in Tri (and by that point I had no lower rank level weapons).

People also moaned about it on GameFAQs
but that was GameFAQs so...

Top Bottom