• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Generations |OT| Generation X

Corginand

Last night I defeated village Glavenus and just kept going until I reached The Fated Four quest. I still suck at Glavenus :/ on that quest the others took me like 5min each, and Glavenus was probably close to 10min. I didn't cart but he still messed me pretty bad while I was using Aerial IG. I'll try to hunt it solo again before jumping into High Rank and most likely use a different style/weapon on it.

Mupod

Adept seems perfect for Glavenus. His tail moves are pretty easy to dodge through.

I just cleared Fated Four so I guess I should probably start playing online. Took me 24 minutes, big chunk of that was Gammoth who I'd never fought melee before. I got Glavenus' tail off for the first time too.

Used the Seregios SA which is incredibly strong when combined with Adept dodging and Ceanataur armor. It only has a sliver of blue sharpness but I'm ALWAYS full sharpness.

Man fuck, I'm only starting out (keep bouncing between weapons which is nice) but I cannot keep jack shit zenny in my pocket. LET ME LEVEL UP MY DAMN WEAPONS. WHY DOES IT ALSO COST MONEY TO LEVEL SHIT UP. AAAAAAAAAAAGH! I WILL STRAP THE ORES ON THE BLADE MYSELF WITH DUCT TAPE!

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Kind of a long shot but is anyone here looking to farm silverwind narga? I just need level 10 tickets at this point but not many people doing it. Soloing doesn't work well since the second narga is a timed drop into the arena about 5 min in rather than based on when you kill the first.

So someone had his name above his head appear differently then the name that appeared on his green card at the bottom of the 3DS screen in the hub. He was high rank.

Is that a thing?

Cerity

Just did the c-stick mod on my n3DS XL and lord this is so much better.

hvC2cfcl.jpg

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Anyone want to help me do the last two HR1 quests real quick? Just gotta do the Ludroth and then the Urgent

Would really appreciate any help!

46-7636-7917-7709

jorgejjvr

Hunting seregious now if anyone is interested, needs some of his stuff

60-1940-4191-4560

We can do some hr3 and hr4 after too :)

No password

Big Brett

What's up, I'm new to the game, old to the series sort of! Trying hard to get into this series. I'll be looking for hunting buddies! Joined the discord too :)

Pejo

Anyone have a "perfect" build boomerang cat to share in a room? I just grouped with a guy earlier tonight that had one, and it was pretty awesome to see.

Voror

Been doing the demo to practice and see what I like, but I admit I feel like I'm fighting against the controls. I can't tell if they're antiquated or held back by the 3DS or what. Just keeping track if a monster and the positioning so you're not swinging at air is tough.

I'd guess SnS-Striker and SA-Aerial are what I've been liking best. Want to try some more with CB as well. It just seems weird that if I need to quick get over to a monster I need to sheathe the weapon then run over and unsheathe in hopes I do it fast enough to get some damage in.

fleck0

Anyone need to the the HR1 Urgent Blangonga? I'll hang around to repeat it if anyone else needs it still.

I'm in 68-2986-4520-9812

edit: gonna try to solo it, saw some people saying it will prepare me for what's to come, still be online tonight if I fail like a chump.

Edit2: I got him! that jerk sure was jumpy

Been doing the demo to practice and see what I like, but I admit I feel like I'm fighting against the controls. I can't tell if they're antiquated or held back by the 3DS or what. Just keeping track if a monster and the positioning so you're not swinging at air is tough.

I'd guess SnS-Striker and SA-Aerial are what I've been liking best. Want to try some more with CB as well. It just seems weird that if I need to quick get over to a monster I need to sheathe the weapon then run over and unsheathe in hopes I do it fast enough to get some damage in.

Lock on camera, dude.

Edit: Sorry for double post.

Just ordered a 6 pack of psp nubs from the only US buyer I saw on ebay for $3, should get here next week (instead of September like I'd get from the China sellers). Can't wait to rip off the nub.

Just got my glavenus s armor that should carry me through until endgame. So far, I'm really enjoying aerial SA (used IG in 4U). I'll switch it up to bushido hammer when hunting with a buddy that just bought the game so I don't just carry him outright.

Cerity

Man I remember when Narga used to be terrifying back in MHFU, it was one of those serious do not want to fight again monsters for me. They've turned it into this cuddly black cat since. Even more so now if you're fighting him with adept.

Vuze

I mean, for Monster Keenbones, it said "low rank savage Deviljho" drops them :p
The carve tables of the game contain some legacy stuff, much like the Medium Bowgun references and IDs they left in the game data.
Factually, Kiranico is not wrong - a low rank Savage Deviljho would drop them. There's just no official quest with one :p

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Q. Can I play with a friend that has the Japanese version?
- No. Outside of that though there is cross region play.[/B]

Such a shame :(

This is like the definitive MH game, and I feel like I'll never get to experience it with the western community...

Dak'kon

12 6229 8412 4597

Doing all the HR1 quests. Lots of gathering and minions. Don't miss this opportunity! Let's get that achievement.

Damn, I was asleep otherwise I would've joined for sure. If you do the same for HR2 then I'd be up for it!

How is the Aerial Hunting Horn?

I'm currently alternating between Adept Long Sword and Adept Hammer, and wanted to try a style that wasn't another Adept

It's fine for larger monsters but I found my Adept times much quicker. I think people have said Aerial SA is pretty good?

Shengar

Such a shame :(

This is like the definitive MH game, and I feel like I'll never get to experience it with the western community...

In overall quality, MH4U is still the definitive mostly because less padding, better balance, and of course G Rank. Most stuffs that hold MHG from come near MH4U usually fixed in G Rank version, but I doubt we'll get one.

Cerity

Loving Adept SnS, that airtime <3.

Evaded Rathians' poison flip, caught it on the way up with the counter attack and took it out of the sky, mounted it, went ham on it's face and stunned it. Evaded it's enrage roar and tripped it again with the counter. It was out of stamina at that point and flew off haha.

Also, staggering a monster right before it's roar is immensely satisfying, I've probably only done it a handful of time playing other weapons but it pretty much happens at least 2-3 times per hunt now with the SnS.

Top Bottom