• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Generations |OT| Generation X

Part of me wants to go back to 4U. Am I crazy?

I am with you there. I am enjoying Generations. The Styles are fun, but I end up going back to Guild. I mean, I feel like the way the weapons worked in 4U were the best.

And, yeah, maybe when I am done with Generations Il´l go back to 4U.

Sane_Man

I don't really even know how, but when I get into a really intense fight with a monster, my hands must grasp my 3DS in a really odd way because I somehow keep hitting the power button and sending it into standby mode and losing all my progress. It's happening way too often. What is wrong with me.

4U is probably the better game for the hardcore tbh.

I am with you there. I am enjoying Generations. The Styles are fun, but I end up going back to Guild. I mean, I feel like the way the weapons worked in 4U were the best.

And, yeah, maybe when I am done with Generations Il´l go back to 4U.

I put over 150 hours into 4U with a lot left to finish. I worry about grinding shit out for no reason in Generations when I could just be using my better character in the previous game...

tuffy

I don't really even know how, but when I get into a really intense fight with a monster, my hands must grasp my 3DS in a really odd way because I somehow keep hitting the power button and sending it into standby mode and losing all my progress. It's happening way too often. What is wrong with me.
I would look into some sort of 3DS grip if you don't have one already. The ones I've seen typically recess the power button which makes it harder to hit accidentally.

Salaadin

Kind of off topic but I know these are popular among mh players...does anyone use a grip? I have the new 3ds xl and really feel like I need one. My local gs has this one in stock so I might stop after work to grab

This is going to sound weird, but...

Where the hell is my Poogie? I forgot it existed and then I saw I could buy costumes for it and I can't find the lil' dude anywhere, lmao.

Part of me wants to go back to 4U. Am I crazy?
I still played MH3U while playing MH4U, so, no, you're not. I even stopped playing MH4U to play MH3U almost exclusively, haha.

I got to G-rank in 4U, but I still have tons to do. Same in MH3U.

Anyone go even further back in entries? I've actually considered importing MHP3rd PS3 and maybe buying Freedom Unite.

How's aerial Switch Axe? Is there a better style for it?
It's amazing. Mounting has never been easier, and you get a long roll to boot. Only downside is not being able to combo 2 arts.

I've been using aerial SA ever since the demo. Never looking back.

I'll also add my vote to the cyber gadget grip for the n3ds xl. My hands are very happy.

ohlawd

Anyone go even further back in entries? I've actually considered importing MHP3rd PS3 and maybe buying Freedom Unite.
duuuude no way. farthest I can go back is Tri. FU is no bueno.

man, Portable 3rd. Only played village and that shit really hated lancers. Beat Zinogre with an Iron Lance I only upgraded once. shit took forever

I still played MH3U while playing MH4U, so, no, you're not. I even stopped playing MH4U to play MH3U almost exclusively, haha.

I got to G-rank in 4U, but I still have tons to do. Same in MH3U.

What had you playing 3U over 4U? I'm asking because 4U was my first experience with the series, and i'm having trouble handling the redundancies between games. It just seems weird to start from scratch in MHG when so much of my character is going to be the same.

Iryx

So with an elemental IG, is there any reason to not just max out whatever the elemental Ambrosia that is the same as what the IG has or is there something more to it than that?

What had you playing 3U over 4U? I'm asking because 4U was my first experience with the series, and i'm having trouble handling the redundancies between games. It just seems weird to start from scratch in MHG when so much of my character is going to be the same.
A few things:

1. MH3U on a 1080p screen
2. Different character than in 4U (HH in 3U, IG in 4G)
3. Controller
4. Barioth, Nargacuga, Qurupeco, Gigginox--some of my favorite monsters to fight that aren't in 4G

I just got so into it again that I stopped playing MH4G for a while. I still love MH4G, naturally.

And as for your last point, that's kind of a limiting mindset. Spice things up and try a new weapon or something! It's natural to prefer a weapon and be curious about what changed, of course, but I would suggest trying something new. I can't tell you how to play, though.

The thing about MH is that even though you do almost the same thing in every entry, they still make it fun with enough slight differences. Heck, I'm already back to the HH after not using it in 4G and appreciating the slight changes to the note system.

So I'm still looking for doing some Hr3 non key quests to tick some boxes. Come here if you like to slayer zinogre, kushala daora, chameleos and all the loosers that unfortunately didn't deserve to be part of key quests.

Edit: disconnected!

New room: 08 5127 0056 2800

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

I have a similar problem but instead of of accidentally hitting the power button, I tend to tense up and play a little more "white knuckle" than normal, which leads to me gripping my circle pad pro extra hard, which leads to all kinds of crampy stress aches in my hands. Kind of a bummer.

I didn't have so much problem over my hundreds of hours in 4U but for some reason just a few days with this game had be physically unable to play it for a full day when I needed to give my paws a rest. Feelin old.

Dak'kon

Xaos, you're hilarious as a Palico. Kicking me and then hiding behind a tree is so much more fun than the usual end of quest shenanigans :p

A few things:

1. MH3U on a 1080p screen
2. Different character than in 4U (HH in 3U, IG in 4G)
3. Controller
4. Barioth, Nargacuga, Qurupeco, Gigginox--some of my favorite monsters to fight that aren't in 4G

I just got so into it again that I stopped playing MH4G for a while. I still love MH4G, naturally.

And as for your last point, that's kind of a limiting mindset. Spice things up and try a new weapon or something! It's natural to prefer a weapon and be curious about what changed, of course, but I would suggest trying something new. I can't tell you how to play, though.

The thing about MH is that even though you do almost the same thing in every entry, they still make it fun with enough slight differences. Heck, I'm already back to the HH after not using it in 4G and appreciating the slight changes to the note system.

Thanks for elaborating! And I'm just so attached to the hammer, and it's intimidating to use a weapon that doesn't instantly feel natural like the hammer does...but you're right. I need to try SnS or GS in MHG before I give it up.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
How's aerial Switch Axe? Is there a better style for it?
Guild is definitely one of the better styles for it since you can activate demon riot 3 and keep it up indefinitely with pretty much no effort at all using energy charge 3. This means you can stay in sword mode with a +20% damage boost and +30% affinity modifier for the entire hunt.

Adept style's followup attack is also one of the more decent ones.

ChrisD

MHG is basically the modern and improved MHFU. No reason to revisit that game.

Teostra 140 will forever be the GOAT.

I still want Lao Shan Lung to return to modern Monster Hunter. I know he was a boring fight, but that was an awesome design. He'd make a good fight with vertical gameplay and a different arena I feel.

Scher

Thanks for elaborating! And I'm just so attached to the hammer, and it's intimidating to use a weapon that doesn't instantly feel natural like the hammer does...but you're right. I need to try SnS or GS in MHG before I give it up.

Trying out a new weapon is definitely a great way to kind of mix things up a bit! I've always stuck to bowgun and nothing else, but for this game I've been forcing myself to play hunting horn instead so that I could have the opportunity to try something new. It's definitely helped to make things a lot more interesting considering how different it is going from ranged to melee! It also means I can be a bit more than a one trick pony when playing with other people.

demonkaze

So i'm trying to buy this digitally for my nephew as he's only just got a New 3DS XL and as i'm aware from my own one and all ones, they come with a 4GB SD card. I opened up the back of his N3DSXL and he does have a 4GB card in there.

Problem is, its saying he only has 5593 Blocks and theres nothing else downloaded on there. Even tried reformatting it too and its still saying that. Any idea whats wrong with it?

R0ckman

Anyone have an affinity for the gag weapons? Should have named my character some kind of Chef name and only used food weapons online. Eh maybe another file.

Top Bottom