• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Generations |OT| Generation X

demonkaze

So i'm trying to buy this digitally for my nephew as he's only just got a New 3DS XL and as i'm aware from my own one and all ones, they come with a 4GB SD card. I opened up the back of his N3DSXL and he does have a 4GB card in there.

Problem is, its saying he only has 5593 Blocks and theres nothing else downloaded on there. Even tried reformatting it too and its still saying that. Any idea whats wrong with it?

Anyone had a problem like this before?

Cerity

Yeah it's definitely in the earlier games, it's how I started to learn where monsters spawned lol.

I love that they kept it in for this one.

e: also it was god tier when it came to monsters like Rathalos flying off into the sunset.

Dak'kon

Thanks for the hunts Xaos. If you're going to do HR2 quests over the weekend I'd be up for that also :)

For now though, sleep...

XaosWolf

Good hunting with Dio, Javadoze and KingAllant.

Thanks for helping tick these boxes, lads! =D

(I chucked Gaijin Hunter's cat at each of you btw)

Thanks for the hunts Xaos. If you're going to do HR2 quests over the weekend I'd be up for that also :)

For now though, sleep...

Absolutely! Need to get some food and sleep myself. Will keep an eye out for you tomorrow and if not I'll do some village stuff. =)

FC is 4682-8436-2576 if you wanna add me.

I still played MH3U while playing MH4U, so, no, you're not. I even stopped playing MH4U to play MH3U almost exclusively, haha.

I got to G-rank in 4U, but I still have tons to do. Same in MH3U.

Anyone go even further back in entries? I've actually considered importing MHP3rd PS3 and maybe buying Freedom Unite.

I still play Freedom Unite on Vita from time to time. It's got my favourite farm and heaps of content, and the vita second stick doubles for the dpad. I do miss the Switch-Axe which I've mained since Tri.

JP_

Banned
I guess this is what he means by conflicting evidence, eh? I swear some of the lances I made felt gimped by their crappy reach.

Haha yeah. Wonder if there's a good way to test. Is there anything you can hit with a weapon that's completely static?

colinp

Banned
Any tips for capturing a shogun ceanataur? I'm generally pretty bad at capturing and I tried (and failed) capturing him once. I laid down a shock trap and threw a tranq bomb but I dunno maybe I missed him or something...? I did a few more attack a and he was dead. Hmmmmmm

ChrisD

Any tips for capturing a shogun ceanataur? I'm generally pretty bad at capturing and I tried (and failed) capturing him once. I laid down a shock trap and threw a tranq bomb but I dunno maybe I missed him or something...? I did a few more attack a and he was dead. Hmmmmmm

Goofy question, but did you throw two Tranqs? One isn't enough.

I hate cap quests because that stuff is finicky. Think I'm going to make an Armor set with Capture Guru just so it shows when they're cap ready.

colinp

Banned
Goofy question, but did you throw two Tranqs? One isn't enough.

I hate cap quests because that stuff is finicky. Think I'm going to make an Armor set with Capture Guru just so it shows when they're cap ready.

Aha! I did throw two but like I said I might have missed with one. I didn't know I HAD to throw two though. Alright yeah I'll try that!

Yeah I might do the same. Really really don't like capture quests...

Edit: it worked- thank you!!

Boney

Banned
Aha! I did throw two but like I said I might have missed with one. I didn't know I HAD to throw two though. Alright yeah I'll try that!

You can also throw them a bit before it ends up in the trap, so if you're not quite sure if you'll catch it, you can Throw them before hand and then use the trap to attack if you got too early

ChrisD

Ah, glad it helped!

If you're afraid of missing the bombs, you can also stand still while pressing Y and it will throw at your feet.

You can also "pre-tranq" things, but I don't actually know how that works or what the timeframe is. And you can only get one preloaded, I believe. Seems too complicated to me haha.

Edit: You can throw both ahead of time? What is the time limit on them before they wear off?

RedFury

Good hunting with Dio, Javadoze and KingAllant.

Thanks for helping tick these boxes, lads! =D

(I chucked Gaijin Hunter's cat at each of you btw)

Absolutely! Need to get some food and sleep myself. Will keep an eye out for you tomorrow and if not I'll do some village stuff. =)

FC is 4682-8436-2576 if you wanna add me.
Wut how does that work? I'd like an awesome cat been searching for ever after every mission.

Boney

Banned
Ah, glad it helped!

If you're afraid of missing the bombs, you can also stand still while pressing Y and it will throw at your feet.

You can also "pre-tranq" things, but I don't actually know how that works or what the timeframe is. And you can only get one preloaded, I believe. Seems too complicated to me haha.

Edit: You can throw both ahead of time? What is the time limit on them before they wear off?
I do it as I'm trying to lure it in the trap so I couldn't give an especific of the time frame.

JP_

Banned
When should I use elemental over a weapon with higher raw? If a monster is weak to an element, how does that affect the math?

Pejo

Anyone up for the Guild 2* small monster and gathering quests? It's so much faster with 2+ people. Room ID is 26-6116-9277-7164, password is 9876

*edit* - closing the room down, nobody seems interested at present time.

XaosWolf

Wut how does that work? I'd like an awesome cat been searching for ever after every mission.

You can give Palicos to other people in the Hub. (They reset to their inital hire level though)

I'm happy to boot up a room to share at some point (not right now though, almost 3am) as I spent a good amount of time looking for the infamous Godcat.

Got a few who are close to perfect and also PoogieP that Gaijin Hunter shared the other night. =)

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Have charm farming room open (requires HR4) if anyone wants to go for a few runs

26 2809 8030 7961

Basically need to a deliver a combined 30 coal

faf87e5a18.jpg

When should I use elemental over a weapon with higher raw? If a monster is weak to an element, how does that affect the math?

This is a really difficult question. It depends on how weak the monster is to said element and what weapon you are talking about. I worried about this a lot in 4U, but this time, I'm trying for more raw/blast/other weapons as trying to match the types for longsword was more trouble than it was worth. For something like DBs, it is much more important.

ChrisD

Got the Village End Credits.

This freaking game wins pre-credits of the year award omg

Hope that didn't double-post, it acted weird and didn't go through the first time I pressed post

delume

So what abilities do people here push for with their armour sets? I currently have Speed Sharpener and Attack (S). Looking to start building a new armour set and would love to hear some suggestions.

Also, any way to farm Inferno Sacs through village quests. Have been thrashing Rathalos but he just won't give them up. Maybe I am misunderstanding how drops are shown on kiranico? Thanks for the help gang.

Top Bottom