• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Generations |OT| Generation X

Any recommendations on low rank armor to shoot for after Buja? Just focusing on Village Quests rn...

Edit: Also what about early SnS upgrade paths?

ohlawd

It's a good idea to exchange cards with people you play with a lot because going on hunts with people whose card you have will get you Veggie Elder Tickets, which can be exchanged for good stuff.

man, tell that to the people here. out of all the GAF members I've hunted with, only half gave me their cards. meanwhile, they're racking up the unity points with the card I sent them >_>

I shouldn't even have to say shit like "yo breh gimme your card. I scratch your back, you scratch mine" kinda shit

Astral

How do I go on a quest without my Palicos? I'm trying to break the Great Maccao's quest but it dies too quickly. I figure going alone might help.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
LR nargacuga requires so much stuff it's absurd.

Shiny Beetle x6
Hercudrome x3
Larinoth Hide x6
Remobra Hide x3

Arzuros Pelt x6
Arzuros Shell x4

Man, fuck that. Fuck it all. I did a gather quest for the Hercudromes and ended up 1/3.
Three Arzuros and i'm 3/4 on the shells.
I don't even want to think about the goddamn Remobra, which without access to the heavenly mount turn up at 3 per quest... ugh.
A goddamn armor set shouldn't take three hours of grinding unrelated to the monster 'gdammit.

LR nargacuga requires so much stuff it's absurd.

Shiny Beetle x6
Hercudrome x3
Larinoth Hide x6
Remobra Hide x3

Arzuros Pelt x6
Arzuros Shell x4

Man, fuck that. Fuck it all. I did a gather quest for the Hercudromes and ended up 1/3.
Three Arzuros and i'm 3/4 on the shells.
I don't even want to think about the goddamn Remobra, which without access to the heavenly mount turn up at 3 per quest... ugh.
A goddamn armor set shouldn't take three hours of grinding unrelated to the monster 'gdammit.

hr set is even worse

Volcynika

Any particular armor set I should go for early on? I just made it to 3* village quests (only HR2 online), and I haven't really dabbled much with anything but weapons. HS aerial, for reference.

Gvitor

Sick and tired of all these goddamn speech balloons in the villages. I talk to everyone, then go to another village, and there's already someone in the village I just left that wants to talk to me again. I finish talking to everyone in the village I went and go back to the first, only to have someone pop up again in the other village. It never bloody ends. 10 minutes talking nonsense with everybody, and more than half of them are requesting gather/small monsters quests. The chief of one of the villages asked me to kill a Kut-ku, I did it, hoped that it'd be the end of the shitty requests, and then after delivering it he requested a wyvern egg quest. Goddammit.

On a side question, when does the farm unlock? I'll need honey soon... I did some stupid royal honey quest for the Moga farmer on hopes it'd unlock it, but no dice.

deim0s

On a side question, when does the farm unlocks? I'll need honey soon... I did some stupid royal honey quest for the Moga farmer on hopes it'd unlock it, but no dice.

Do the Village 3 prowler quests, iirc there are three that you have to finish to unlock it.

eschiver

Sick and tired of all these goddamn speech balloons in the villages. I talk to everyone, then go to another village, and there's already someone in the village I just left that wants to talk to me again. I finish talking to everyone in the village I went and go back to the first, only to have someone pop up again in the other village. It never bloody ends. 10 minutes talking nonsense with everybody, and more than half of them are requesting gather/small monsters quests. The chief of one of the villages asked me to kill a Kut-ku, I did it, hoped that it'd be the end of the shitty requests, and then after delivering it he requested a wyvern egg quest. Goddammit.

On a side question, when does the farm unlock? I'll need honey soon... I did some stupid royal honey quest for the Moga farmer on hopes it'd unlock it, but no dice.

Those dialog boxes are indeed annoying. No story but lots of dialog...

Prowler quests unlock farm stuff.

Edit: Welp, someone got ahead lol.

Gvitor

Those dialog boxes are indeed annoying. No story but lots of dialog...

Prowler quests unlock farm stuff.

Edit: Welp, someone got ahead lol.

This annoys me so much. MH always had a bunch of unnecessary text, but they managed the perfect balance in MH4U. MH4U story is actually good. Nothing to write home about in regards of story in videogames or story in general, but it fits MH perfectly. Just the right amount of exposition, the transition between villages with your caravan, upgrading to a sand boat, then an airship and unlocking new areas to explore... It gave the game a good sense of progression.

Then it got ridiculously worse in MHGen. There's no story, but dialogue upon dialogue upon dialogue. They unlock all villages from the get-go along with a bunch of areas... =/

Anybody interested in doing some HR3 non key quests?
Room is 25 9674 4783 6309

Brachy, arzuros, volvidon and all the loosers of low rank. Yay.

Edit: disconnected!
New room 42 1251 1480 5588

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Some of the harder guild villager requests are basically like a second set of urgents. Only get cleared for the person who posted the quest so finding randoms to help will be impossible unless they just want the materials.

Did anyone get the cats Gaijin Hunter was giving away a few hours ago? PoogieP and NyantaleX. I wanted to grab them but I totally forgot about it.

PM me, please, if you've got them :).

EDIT: I got 'em. Now send ME a pm if you'd like them and we can set something up.

Brannon

So everybod'y agrees that Kirin is still the fucking worst monster in the game right?

You horse hating harlot; MEET ME SOMEWHERE

(preferably in the Hub)

((after I've finally had time get to a proper HR level))

(((been too busy so it's gonna take a while)))

((((but one day!))))

ohlawd

also doing HR3 non-keys

01-8469-1151-0233

since I know y'all avoid me like the plague I'ma start soloing some of this shit

OMG, finally. I finally managed to cut Astalos's tail with the Gunlance. Hard learning a new weapon on the fly like that (fought Great Maccaos for a test-run first, though). The second time I killed him but I didn't break anything before he died, haha.

Second time took forever, but I got the tail and the crest. Ran out of Mega Potions. And I got my Astalos Scissortail for my HH! Woo!

Definitely becoming a fan of the GL.

Someone on the 8-4 podcast said that Generations is harder to get into for new players than MH4U, is that true? I feel it is the opposite.

In solo mode (Village), there is a "Training quests" menu located above the 1-star quest. These explain pretty well the basics of the game.

The NPC dialogue is also more explicit than ever. The smithy for example explains that most skills activate when you accumulate 10 points, that you can disable a harmful skill by equipping a decoration, and so on. Quest descriptions (last info page of quests, also displayed during the loading) give useful tips sometimes. I remember it all used to be vague.

The only area where MH4U shines is solo mode story.

Top Bottom