• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Generations |OT| Generation X

Ohnonono

Adept lance doesn't need any specific skills, pick whatever blademaster skills you like. For aerial I think you definitely want Guard+.

EX Shagaru set from doing one of the Shagaru village quests gets you this

Chance +10
Guard +12
Light Eater +10

OO-
---
OO-
OO-
---

Instead of stacking Evade+ skills for evade lance you can pick Striker and abuse the evasion hunter arts.

That striker build sounds fun. Might try that out!

Boney

Banned
Me, Fistwell and Nagi (Xeno) are doing HR stuff, focusing on getting some heavy armor spheres if anybody wants to join.

​​**MHGenerations**```fix
╔════╦════════════════════╗
║User║XenobladeXSoundtrack║
║Hall║43503801054183 ║
║Pass║5678 ║
╚════╩════════════════════╝```

I spent an hour last night making 8 new sets around the arc shagy magala armor. With 6 slots, I just played around wjth my talismans and decorations like a madman.

Something that I learned: this game has basically blacklisted me from God talismans ever since it gave me a handicraft +4 with 3 slots at around 70 hours in.

Fandangox

Adept lance doesn't need any specific skills, pick whatever blademaster skills you like. For aerial I think you definitely want Guard+.

EX Shagaru set from doing one of the Shagaru village quests gets you this

Chance +10
Guard +12
Light Eater +10

OO-
---
OO-
OO-
---

Instead of stacking Evade+ skills for evade lance you can pick Striker and abuse the evasion hunter arts.

This brings a question. I was using Athena's Armor Set System, and I only searched for Artillery Expert and Guard +2, allowing slotted charms, and it kept giving me other parts like Rhenoplos Cap S and Acorn Mail, when sets like this allow for the skills I wanted and more, without needing to use weaker or gunner parts. Is it because it just shows how to get the specific skills you asks for instead of the minimum needed to get those?'

I remember in MH4U it would usually default to whatever the highest defense armor pieces that would allow me to get the sought-after skills.

TheGrue

I never had a problem with online in MH4U, but Generations is really poor for me with connection errors. Today I can't even get into a room before I get disconnected.

Me, Fistwell and Nagi (Xeno) are doing HR stuff, focusing on getting some heavy armor spheres if anybody wants to join.

​​**MHGenerations**```fix
╔════╦════════════════════╗
║User║XenobladeXSoundtrack║
║Hall║43503801054183 ║
║Pass║5678 ║
╚════╩════════════════════╝```

We still have room for one more.

Boney

Banned
This brings a question. I was using Athena's Armor Set System, and I only searched for Artillery Expert and Guard +2, allowing slotted charms, and it kept giving me other parts like Rhenoplos Cap S and Acorn Mail, when sets like this allow for the skills I wanted and more, without needing to use weaker or gunner parts. Is it because it just shows how to get the specific skills you asks for instead of the minimum needed to get those?'

I remember in MH4U it would usually default to whatever the highest defense armor pieces that would allow me to get the sought-after skills.
Hey dummy, Meowster Hunting crabs gives like 12 wyvern scalps per run

Cocaine_

Neo Member

I think you can sort your results by highest overall D? And if you click advanced settings you can uncheck certain armor pieces. Like I always uncheck Skull Visage because it looks stupid, even if you can make some great sets with it.

Fandangox

Hey dummy, Meowster Hunting crabs gives like 12 wyvern scalps per run

Look man, I was not the one that needed them, I was just helping a friend get them. STILL FUCK THAT RNG SHIT

I think you can sort your results by highest overall D? And if you click advanced settings you can uncheck certain armor pieces. Like I always uncheck Skull Visage because it looks stupid, even if you can make some great sets with it.

I see, I never really messed with the advanced settings, although I don't recall any option to search for highest overall defense aside from rarity, which I already had at the highest.

Hybris

Look man, I was not the one that needed them, I was just helping a friend get them. STILL FUCK THAT RNG SHIT

I see, I never really messed with the advanced settings, although I don't recall any option to search for highest overall defense aside from rarity, which I already had at the highest.

It's right there in the Sort/Filter Results section in the middle of the window.

Does anyone know which item at the farm has a chance of dropping Bumblepumpkin? Need some for some Mossgharl equipment, but I have no idea what to farm/trade to get them to drop.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Well I guess that's enough proof that I don't use my n3DS XL much because I honestly forgot the n3DS had the ZL & ZR buttons that can be assigned to Hunter Art II and Hunter Art III dammit I wish the system had actual triggers.

Mupod

I forgot about the triggers too, mainly because I use Adept and for some reason can't assign hunter art 1 to them. There's a button shortcut for art 1 but it's insanely awkward.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I forgot about the triggers too, mainly because I use Adept and for some reason can't assign hunter art 1 to them. There's a button shortcut for art 1 but it's insanely awkward.
You can, you just need to hit X or Y or whatever to remove the currently equipped one, then you can put an art in any slot you want. I have my hunter art mapped to ZL on all my adept setups.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Yeah pressing R+A+B in the middle of a combo or after finishing a combo feels off to me.

PKrockin

Put your art on slot 2 or 3?

Whenever I use aerial or adept I put my one art on slot 3 and use it with ZR.

Mupod

Put your art on slot 2 or 3?

Whenever I use aerial or adept I put my one art on slot 3 and use it with ZR.

You can, you just need to hit X or Y or whatever to remove the currently equipped one, then you can put an art in any slot you want. I have my hunter art mapped to ZL on all my adept setups.

Well shit. As I was posting that I was thinking 'I wonder if it's possible to assign the 1 art to slot 2-3'. I had never spent any time thinking about it, I mean all I really use is gunpowder infusion.

javadoze

Did not know the Prowler quests were actually required for farm/trade upgrades when I'm 50+ hours into the game, I feel dumb.

Doombear

Wait how do you install those on a 3DS?

wait, the whole joystick or just the cap?

Did it go over the C stick nub or did you have to do something to get it on?

Remove your C Stick Nub... rubber... snap PSP replacement stick on. This is what I will be doing tomorrow.

FYI - You WILL be cutting the rubber loops that hold the C-Stick rubber totally in place, but you can still revert back to using it if you want. It just will no longer be anchored by the loops you've severed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYN9XWngRds

Does anyone have an alternative site for the hunters hub key quests? MH wiki's isn't completei guess, I'm not being offered my urgent

Doombear

I am using the MHGEN Database App. It got me through all my HR Urgents. What HR level are you working on?

There is also Kiranico.com, but their layout has always bothered me for some reason.

Doombear

My app is showing the same as Kiranico.

Dark Wings, Dark Work
A Thousand Scales of Dread
Fury Run Afoul
Moonlit Bubble Bath
Heaven and Earth
Bladed Glavenus

No Speech bubbles there in the Hub? That is odd. And you captured Glavenus?

Hybris

Anyone have a "perfect" prowler they are willing to share? It appears it is the only good way to get lagniapples, and I need some to up my chances of getting armored bream from trading. Let me know and I'll make a room.

Mupod

still trying to figure out how to unlock Hermitaur R. My wild goose chase is sending me up against village Teo now. Better be worth it.

I'm coming up around my usual time in MH where I start making extra sets for fun - what should I be looking at for hammers and GS? Hellblade weapons? Will probably run Guild on both.

Beats

still trying to figure out how to unlock Hermitaur R. My wild goose chase is sending me up against village Teo now. Better be worth it.

I'm coming up around my usual time in MH where I start making extra sets for fun - what should I be looking at for hammers and GS? Hellblade weapons? Will probably run Guild on both.

Did you do the quest that unlocks the Hyper sets? It's from the Harth Chief in Yukumo. He asks you to kill three hyper tetsucabras in the hub.

Mupod

Did you do the quest that unlocks the Hyper sets? It's from the Harth Chief in Yukumo. He asks you to kill three hyper tetsucabras in the hub.

Yeah, did that one with Perorist. I have most hyper sets unlocked just not that one. Maybe I just need to kill some Hermitaurs but I don't have that quest and didn't see any posted last night.

Gvitor

Does anyone know exactly how much is the Switch Axe's sword mode paralysis stat? Is it better than a SA with base paralysis 20? (I'm pretty much always in Sword Mode anyway...)

Koeta

Remove your C Stick Nub... rubber... snap PSP replacement stick on. This is what I will be doing tomorrow.

FYI - You WILL be cutting the rubber loops that hold the C-Stick rubber totally in place, but you can still revert back to using it if you want. It just will no longer be anchored by the loops you've severed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYN9XWngRds

Thanks for the video, while I would love to use something other than the c stick nub, I can't bring myself to mod it to that extent, does anyone know of anything that would fit on top of the nub that wouldn't require removing the rubber?

Juraash

Hey guys, so despite having discord, I'm not really sure what the proper etiquette is in the channels so I'm going to throw out feelers here first.

I'm looking to do the 5* quest Desert Brawlers which I believe is the final step before you unlock the quest that you Sakura charm farm in. I don't particularly want to solo this one as it features 3 monsters, so I'm asking here if anyone wants to help me knock it out. Id be happy to run it with people in return or do some 5* keys to return the favor.

I haven't made a room yet, but I'll get one going if I see any response.

OrigiNull

Hey guys, so despite having discord, I'm not really sure what the proper etiquette is in the channels so I'm going to throw out feelers here first.

I'm looking to do the 5* quest Desert Brawlers which I believe is the final step before you unlock the quest that you Sakura charm farm in. I don't particularly want to solo this one as it features 3 monsters, so I'm asking here if anyone wants to help me knock it out. Id be happy to run it with people in return or do some 5* keys to return the favor.

I haven't made a room yet, but I'll get one going if I see any response.

I need to run the same thing if you're down to do it twice :/

My app is showing the same as Kiranico.

Dark Wings, Dark Work
A Thousand Scales of Dread
Fury Run Afoul
Moonlit Bubble Bath
Heaven and Earth
Bladed Glavenus

No Speech bubbles there in the Hub? That is odd. And you captured Glavenus?

see it now, i didn't cap him.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I just got a message from the Smithy about special Deviant tickets or something to craft and level up gear. I skipped it, but it sounds important. Is there a link to what on earth he was referring to?

jonjonaug

So I just got a message from the Smithy about special Deviant tickets or something to craft and level up gear. I skipped it, but it sounds important. Is there a link to what on earth he was referring to?

Fighting a Deviant monster of any level will give you two tickets of that level plus a random amount of tickets from the same or lower levels. Forging a piece of equipment requires a single level 1 ticket, and you need one ticket of each level to level up a weapon or piece of armor to max.

This means that to level up a full set of equipment from one of the deviant monsters to max level, you may need to hunt the same deviant monster anywhere between 20-30 times depending on how lucky you are. Ranking an armor set up to at least level 6 will unlock an additional two skills for that armor set. None of them have gem slots, but all of them have skills that work well together. Example: Silverwind has Evade Extender and Evasion+2 in addition to Crit Up, while the Dreadking set has HG Earplugs + Attack Up. There's even some sets of armor that help a lot with gathering and farming talismans.

EDIT: And in case you didn't know, every deviant monster has ten levels of quests associated with them that get progressively harder as they go along. It starts out just being normal hunts, but you also have capture quests, quests where you'll be interrupted by other monsters, quests where you have to kill other monsters in addition to the deviant, quests where you can't bring any items with you (supply items only), and quests where you need to fight two of them and the second one will spawn in if you take too long to kill the first one.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Fighting a Deviant monster of any level will give you two tickets of that level plus a random amount of tickets from the same or lower levels. Forging a piece of equipment requires a single level 1 ticket, and you need one ticket of each level to level up a weapon or piece of armor to max.

This means that to level up a full set of equipment from one of the deviant monsters to max level, you may need to hunt the same deviant monster anywhere between 20-30 times depending on how lucky you are. Ranking an armor set up to at least level 6 will unlock an additional two skills for that armor set. None of them have gem slots, but all of them have skills that work well together. Example: Silverwind has Evade Extender and Evasion+2 in addition to Crit Up, while the Dreadking set has HG Earplugs + Attack Up. There's even some sets of armor that help a lot with gathering and farming talismans.

EDIT: And in case you didn't know, every deviant monster has ten levels of quests associated with them that get progressively harder as they go along. It starts out just being normal hunts, but you also have capture quests, quests where you'll be interrupted by other monsters, quests where you have to kill other monsters in addition to the deviant, quests where you can't bring any items with you (supply items only), and quests where you need to fight two of them and the second one will spawn in if you take too long to kill the first one.

I might like this better than Everwood and leveling up monsters to 140 in 4U. We'll see. I think it will depend on how angry it makes me at max level, ha.

Thank you for this.

Juraash

Well now I feel like dork. I did that quest to unlock the quest that you use for Sakura farming (thanks again for those that helped) only to realize I need to finish HR5 to farm it solo... lol. GG me, was definitely not wanting to slog through the HR5 stuff solo.

Juraash

Well my MH days might be numbered for now. I'm no longer getting responsiveness from right or down on the little analog nub. Tried restarting, recalibrating and trying other games. Really not thrilled about pulling it apart or sending it to Nintendo.

Top Bottom