• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MSNBC Host: Sarah Palin would be "outstanding candidate" to have her mouth shat in

Status
Not open for further replies.
This statement is misogynist, cruel, tacky, classless and hateful.

And if she were a dude the statement would be misandrist, right?

I don't have enough palm for my face right now.

White knights, unite.

There is nothing more sexist than claiming that all attacks on a woman are gender-based.

Monocle

It's a shame he apologized. Palin is a fountain of aggressive ignorance. A good long gargle with raw sewage would only be a palate cleanser for her, considering the toxic filth that already pours out of her mouth.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Really Shit MSNBC Anchors, Just Awful: Baldwin, Bashir, Brzezinski, Finnerty, Huntsman, Matthews, O'Donnell, Schultz, Toure
Likeable but Still Awful: Scarborough, Sharpton
Extreme Centrist Hacks: Mitchell, Todd
Literally No One Cares: Ball, Hall, Roberts
Goofy Motherfucker Who Has More or Less Broken the One Good Show on Cable News: Kornacki
Worst Thing about Their Own Okay Show: MHP
Smart and/or Charming: Maddow, Melber, Wagner
God Tier: Hayes

How is Scarborough better than O'Donnell, Finney, Bashir, etc.?

Dude is just as much responsible for creating Sarah Palin as anyone.

It's a shame he apologized. Palin is a fountain of aggressive ignorance. A good long gargle with raw sewage would only be a palate cleanser for her, considering the toxic filth that already pours out of her mouth.

People should be ashamed for still giving her relevancy and air time.

Guerilla

Though we can likely all agree that Palin is not an intellectual giant, she (as any human being) does not deserve comments like these hurled at her.

The fact that this thread has not exploded in outrage is sad merely because she does not play for the team that most of Gaf plays for.

This statement is misogynist, cruel, tacky, classless and hateful.

You know what's sexist? People like you and Artemisia who think that having a vagina is a jail-free card from everything. Noone gives a flying shit that she's a woman in this thread except you, everyone cares that she's a dumbass.

I saw the same pattern in the thread about the dipshit that killed the lion a couple of days ago from a few posters: Apparently being a woman even if you're a piece of shit means that any criticism for being one is automatically misogyny.

About half the country was ok with her being the VP of the most powerful nation in the history of this planet.

Not saying we should listen, but paying attention is informative.

And she failed. Miserably. She's irrelevant except to pundits on both sides that just want a sound bite. No one is going to take a page out of the Palin Policy Handbook.

Of all the people pundits should spend their precious air-time discussing Palin is very near dead last.

Therefore one stupid opinion deserves another?

"Sarah Palin should gargle shit" isn't a stupid opinion, it's just a tasteless one he should have kept to himself. Ultimately the essence of his comment amounts to "Sarah Palin should think before she speaks", which I'm sure we all agree with.

Tex117

Banned
You know what's sexist? People like you and Artemisia who think that having a vagina is a jail-free card from everything. Noone gives a flying shit that she's a woman in this thread except you, everyone cares that she's a dumbass.

I saw the same pattern in the thread about the dipshit that killed the lion a couple of days ago from a few posters: Apparently being a woman even if you're a piece of shit means that any criticism for being one is automatically misogyny.

Not at all. Absolutely no free pass. There are many MANY reasons to disagree with everything Palin has ever said, ever.

I dislike everything about Palin's approach to everything.

There is a big difference between disagreeing with someone, and then implying someone should do what they talked about.

I am not a "main stream media conspiracy" kinda guy. I never watch Fox or any of that nonsense, but there has been more personal attacks lodged against Palin that go far beyond the usual discourse. From Ed Schultz, Bill Maher, this, and many others, the attacks are very specific as to her being a women. Overall. (Especially, the first two).

Im sorry you people are blinded by the fact that because she is not on your "team" that you can't see that.

If a Fox News pundit had said this about Hillary Clinton, they'd be called sexist, vile and dragged off the air within seconds. But, as Damian Thompson points out, liberals all too often play by different rules.
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/t...ate-in-sarah-palins-mouth-has-msnbc-gone-mad/

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
am not a "main stream media conspiracy" kinda guy. I never watch Fox or any of that nonsense, but there has been more personal attacks lodged against Palin that go far beyond the usual discourse. From Ed Schultz, Bill Maher, this, and many others, the attacks are very specific as to her being a women. Overall. (Especially, the first two).
Sarah Palin is a political clown of the highest order, and she chooses to put herself out there and shit up the public discourse with her intellectual diarrhea. She deserves all the shit that gets flung her way. It has nothing to do with the fact that she's a woman.

And if she were a dude the statement would be misandrist, right?

I don't have enough palm for my face right now.

White knights, unite.

There is nothing more sexist than claiming that all attacks on a woman are gender-based.

You don't see how a statement about sexually violating a female is misogynist, and why (for good or ill depending on your view) the same doesn't apply to men? The same way commentating on a man's looks is different than commentating on a female's looks?

She is a fountain of ignorance and he should say that. But shitting in her mouth? That was going a bit too far and inappropriate for newscaster/pundit.

Very funny though.

You don't see how a statement about sexually violating a female is misogynist, and why (for good or ill depending on your view) the same doesn't apply to men? The same way commentating on a man's looks is different than commentating on a female's looks?

image.php

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Where are you getting the sexual or gender connotations from? There weren't even any in the original reference to the act. Geez you people.....

Jacob

That was pretty bizarre. It took too long and needed too much explanation to really count as a zinger. And the personal attacks cheapened any sort of legitimate outrage that Bashir may have been trying to convey. Plus it gives people an excuse to complain about MSNBC and just keeps the cycle going. By all means, call out dumb stuff like comparing debt to slavery, but I don't really see the point of these comments.

Guerilla

Not at all. Absolutely no free pass. There are many MANY reasons to disagree with everything Palin has ever said, ever.

I dislike everything about Palin's approach to everything.

There is a big difference between disagreeing with someone, and then implying someone should do what they talked about.

I am not a "main stream media conspiracy" kinda guy. I never watch Fox or any of that nonsense, but there has been more personal attacks lodged against Palin that go far beyond the usual discourse. From Ed Schultz, Bill Maher, this, and many others, the attacks are very specific as to her being a women. Overall. (Especially, the first two).

Im sorry you people are blinded by the fact that because she is not on your "team" that you can't see that.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/t...ate-in-sarah-palins-mouth-has-msnbc-gone-mad/

So your excuse for making unfounded remarks is that you're certain that the other side would do the same? Is there even an indication in this story that anyone gives a crap that she's a woman?

And this is why I hate politics nowadays. People stoop to accepting trash like this because of their political affiliation. I think we all know if the same thing was said about Nancy Pelosi or whoever that there would be a totally different reaction. The amount of hypocrisy you encounter on these types of topics would be shocking if it weren't so prevalent.

jay

Telling someone to eat shit is sexist? I have seen plenty of videos of men eating shit.

And this is why I hate politics nowadays. People stoop to accepting trash like this because of their political affiliation. I think we all know if the same thing was said about Nancy Pelosi or whoever that there would be a totally different reaction. The amount of hypocrisy you encounter on these types of topics would be shocking if it weren't so prevalent.

I don't condone what he said, but people having different criteria for what is offensive based on how much they respect a person is not exactly black and white hypocrisy.

Telling someone to eat shit is sexist? I have seen plenty of videos of men eating shit.

I don't condone what he said, but people having different criteria for what is offensive based on how much they respect a person is not exactly black and white hypocrisy.

Yeah, if someone made this comment about something stupid Pelosi said too, I'd laugh. There goes that shitty theory.

Flaming, bleeding heart snarky elitist liberal chiming in here. The comment about her was not classy, was low brow, and warranted an apology, period.

I'm not a fan of Palin at all, as I think she's not at all genuine in her desire to do right by America, but honestly I'd hold a Fox news anchor to the same standards. Can't do that sort of thing.

Flaming, bleeding heart snarky elitist liberal chiming in here. The comment about her was not classy, was low brow, and warranted an apology, period.

I'm not a fan of Palin at all, as I think she's not at all genuine in her desire to do right by America, but honestly I'd hold a Fox news anchor to the same standards. Can't do that sort of thing.

A very reasonable response! See, it wasn't too hard guys!

lednerg

"This isn't racist, but it's gonna be like slavery when [the bill from China] is due." - Sarah Palin

So how is that going to work, exactly? Are there any economists in here?

Mumei

I agree. I think it's the sort of political discourse that should be considered beyond the pale, regardless of who says it or to whom it is said.

Though I also think that talking about Sarah Palin in general should be considered uncouth, so there's that.

YoungHav

Banned
Now that I've read the full contents of Bashir's quote I see nothing wrong with what he said. The racist dog-whistling from Republicans is far worse. In addition, they need to stfu about race and slavery. I'm sick of them always trivializing racism then playing the victim while doing so.

Now that I've read the full contents of Bashir's quote I see nothing wrong with what he said. The racist dog-whistling from Republicans is far worse. In addition, they need to stfu about race and slavery. I'm sick of them always trivializing racism then playing the victim while doing so.

yeah but it's easier to call people thugs and make fun of poor people and all those other dog whistles because a large segment of their base won't see the actual meaning behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom