• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple Gaming Services Down (Xbox Live, Minecraft, Fortnite, CoD, EA Play, Roblox etc)

cormack12

Gold Member
quote-fortunately-we-have-a-product-for-people-who-aren-t-able-to-get-some-form-of-connectivity-don-mattrick-90-31-80.jpg

Antwix

Xbox series X is pretty useless without being able to sign in. Can’t even watch Netflix, YouTube, or any other streaming apps. Not sure why they tie that to signing in.
I just tested this 2 minutes ago. I can start up and watch the Youtube app just fine on my XSX. Maybe not though if you're not the main/primary/home account. idk

edit: Unless you mean without actually signing into a console profile? Then yeah I imagine you can't.

Last edited:

Pallas

I just tested this 2 minutes ago. I can start up and watch the Youtube app just fine on my XSX. Maybe not though if you're not the main/primary/home account. idk

edit: Unless you mean without actually signing into a console profile? Then yeah I imagine you can't.
I think you can play offline and do other stuff if your Xbox account is the home account, not entirely sure.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR

Mine must still be set to my series S then because I can’t make a non online sign in. looking through the options to try and change it to my home console Very annoying 😡

Edit and I shouldn’t be surprised at this but I have to sign in to check this. Will have to remember to do this later.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
Possible expanation: The service providers of the majority gaming serves is having a technical issue

More likely explanation: Massive concidence

PSN status page shows no issues. I don't think down detector is good for this. if Xbox is down then all those other games will have people complaining as well only they don't realize it's xbox not the games. Xbox status pages shows there is issues.

Xbox is at like 4000 reports, PSN is at 20 reports. Seems to be an Xbox issue only. Odd since they have Azure, but maybe Azure is bad.

Yea down detector has never been a good source for stuff like this IMO. You just have random people submitting reports when it can just be 20 random people across the US with ISP issues. All major services like this have a status page, much easier to just check there.

FeralEcho

On Reddit they're saying that if you set the console to offline mode you can play your games normally (as long as they don't have an online component, obviously).

I can't try it though, cause I'm not home yet.
But why would you play your game offline in 2024?

Since as so many players kept saying "lol Don't you have internet in 2024?"

not directed at you,just all the idiots who constantly complain about people that want offline working games.

See morons? This is why! It has nothing to do with having internet or not

intbal

So i've been using my series X in the bedroom as a streaming box, today because xbox live is down you can't even go into Netflix or Plex because "I need to sign in to use this app".

Fucking A.
The Edge browser still works. Can you access those services through the browser? (I don't subscribe to either)

Top Bottom