• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

cntr

Banned
I expect endgame Deku to be 6 feet tall, one cm taller than Bakugou, and kind of look like a male version of Shimura Nana.

End game for Deku is definitely at least Earl Campbell level thighs.

08deb295bfed5317a834b1b8d521f7f6.jpg

Can't find a good pick since I know most of you probably aren't sportsball enthusiasts, but Earl Campbell's thighs were legitimately as big as tree trunks.

Puruzi

Banned
I really don't want deku to get too muscular.

Captain falcon is my threshold for him, if he gets more muscular than that i'll be a bit annoyed

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
You guys qnd your level of bad ideas are ridiculous. Deku isn't going to suddenly go through some kind of growth spurt. My god. Adult Deku is obviously gonna be Ippo with a fro!

Also, amazing side note: I know Deku is eventually going to get hardcore into kick-boxing which will be cool, but how broken would he be if Deku learned a fucking Dempsey Roll???

Man, why don't they sell Deku's shoes? They're literally the perfect piece of merchandise. You can actually wear them in real life and not look like a massive dork!

edit: They'd look like these but cooler. Bakugou's shoes are pretty bomb-ass too.

I was thinking those shoes couldn't be that slick, but those Baku-shoes be pretty damn slick.

FlowersisBritish

Heh. I always pictured him with red hair.

Same actually? That's kind of weird... was there ever a colored page with him before?

edit: nvm, there isn't but a lot of fan art of him with blue hair, so i think we missed a memo somewhere down the line.

cntr

Banned
Yeah there's a colored page with him, and he has blue hair.

It's a bit weird when characters have crazy hair colors, since most of them have realistic or subtle colors. Blame it on quirks, I guess.

cntr

Banned
Yeah, Bones was hamstrung by the awkward episode count and rushed production. They should do a lot better this season.

Veelk

Banned
Yeah there's a colored page with him, and he has blue hair.

It's a bit weird when characters have crazy hair colors, since most of them have realistic or subtle colors. Blame it on quirks, I guess.

Well, not for japan, they don't. It should be all black, if that's the case. I doubt that many of them dye their hair.
Reminder on how we met Bakugou for the first time.

Really, Deku has the patience of a saint for putting up with his shit and still calling him a friend.

FlowersisBritish

Honestly i was attributing it more to how little in my head I actually color things blue when i see them. I dont think i can think if a single character where i thought "they seem a little blue" Especially not such a soft shade like his hair.

Veelk

Banned
He calls him Kacchan. He's still friendly to him, and if Bakugou took a minute to be friendly back, he'd probably jump on that shit. So I don't know if 'they' are friends, but I'd say Deku is his friend even if Bakugou isn't Deku's. What a dick.

cntr

Banned
I get the impression that Deku calls him Kacchan out of habit since they grew up together, and that he's not so much "friendly" as "trying to be placating". He hasn't really bothered doing that after gaining confidence, right?

Veelk

Banned
I got the impression he was just like "You know what, I'll be friendly, but I have my own shit to worry about. I got bigger problems than trying to play therapist to THAT hot mess."

Bakugou just stopped taking priority in his life, rather than stopping being his friend.

SalvaPot

Patience of a fucking saint.

That shit was pulled on me, he'd be an enemy for life.

But goddamn, Horikoshi really knows how to write a sympathetic backstory here.

Try not to post full scans if they are not edited in some way, its not allowed and might get you in trouble.

Also, reading the official release makes me appreciate a lot more the amount of detail and dialogue, I've also been able to find a few new edits here and there, like that one extra page on volume 3.

Veelk

Banned
Try not to post full scans if they are not edited in some way, its not allowed and might get you in trouble.

Also, reading the official release makes me appreciate a lot more the amount of detail and dialogue, I've also been able to find a few new edits here and there, like that one extra page on volume 3.

Well, I did edit it a bit. I specifically cut out the top of the first page. I just wanted to get the full scene in there, so Bakugou's dickery could be seen in full view.

I'll take it off if a mod tells me to, but as far as it being up there, kind of too late to change anything since a mod can see past edits.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
speaking of, why the official version is infinitely better:

I wonder if this was a one off moment or we will see more of the past users of One for All. This is pretty sinister looking even with the context.

Agreed. Deku is a saint. If I had gotten One For All, I would have trained, honed my abilities and then whooped ass up and down a street.

Lexxism

lol yeah. Bakugou is a piece of shit. I'm surprised he's popular here. I guess.. Well...

cntr

Banned
Bakugou's a piece of shit on the long journey of becoming not a piece of shit, that's why he's great

he's like Vegeta but even better

Cerium

Also did Deku just flick an energy blast?

I think it's just the same thing he used against Todoroki in the sports festival.

The animation quality looks really good though. I'm just curious if Horikoshi is doing the plot. MHA is a series that really lends itself well to side stories like this.

I like that combination attack with Deku and Tsuyu too.

Top Bottom