• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

cntr

Banned
Maybe, but I doubt that too. (I'm doubting everything today.)

One for All was created by the specific way All for One works, right? The first One for All didn't have two quirks, he had one quirk that was the fusion of two quirks. So unless Nana's quirk fused into One for All, it won't transfer.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I mean, maybe it did? Maybe that's what those spooky faces in the tournament arc really symbolized, and Deku will be the first to figure out how to use multiple quirks? I think the real question is, what is Deku's secret quirk that'll reveal itself at the tenth hour or something?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
One For All (AfO's little brother) secretly had a quirk that was the ability to pass on a quirk without having an actual quirk. When his brother gave him One for All's power booster quirk, the two mutated so that it was now a power booster quirk that can be passed on. I don't see why it couldn't mutate again as it passed to quirked people.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
On a random note on the latest chapter. Was that very final panel supposed to be someone of importance? With All Might talking about potential candidates for his quirk that would have to be someone impressive enough. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

cntr

Banned
One For All (AfO's little brother) secretly had a quirk that was the ability to pass on a quirk without having an actual quirk. When his brother gave him One for All's power booster quirk, the two mutated so that it was now a power booster quirk that can be passed on. I don't see why it couldn't mutate again as it passed to quirked people.
Yeah, it could. But it'd be kind of random, like why didn't All Might ever notice? And super strength is pretty great already. So I'd bet against it.

On a random note on the latest chapter. Was that very final panel supposed to be someone of importance? With All Might talking about potential candidates for his quirk that would have to be someone impressive enough. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it.
It's a new character from the second/third year, yeah, some guy that the Principal thought was good for being All Might's successor, but All Might decided against.

HStallion

Yeah, it could. But it'd be kind of random, like why didn't All Might ever notice? And super strength is pretty great already. So I'd bet against it.

It's a new character from the second/third year, yeah, some guy that the Principal thought was good for being All Might's successor, but All Might decided against.

Well he also has super speed as well unless that's directly related to his super strength.

cntr

Banned
Well he also has super speed as well unless that's directly related to his super strength.
That's part of the super strength, yeah. One for All gives you strength, perception, and speed.

There's that whole Avatar vision thing too, but we don't know much about that. For powers, maybe that makes Deku resistant to mind control like Shinsou's, since the predecessors can interfere?

FlowersisBritish

You know what would be crazy? If it was a swap thing like Megaman? "All Might! Why didn't you tell me I had other powers besides super strength!" "Well Deku, what other power would you want besides super strength?"

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

The best analogy would be all of a sudden having a tale, not noticing it, and then someone telling you to move it.

Meffer

That's exactly what I was saying awhile back.

cntr

Banned
*shrug* I can see it happening, it just seems like a weird direction. Maybe if it's like, endgame and was built up and foreshadowed for a long time. That'd be fine.

But before that? No way.

Ascheroth

Deku's dad had the ability to breathe fire, so probably if Deku had a quirk, he'd have pyrokenesis.

So you're telling me that Bakugous quirk is in reality just sweating a lot and his explosions are actually caused by Deku subconsciously using his own quirk for Bakugou.

cntr

Banned
Nah, he'd probably be able to control fire, but not make it. The opposite of Todoroki/Endeavor, who can make fire, but not control it.

So that's a thing.

Great new year arts
https://twitter.com/shibuchanbo/status/815220597105930240/photo/1
C1A-w9zVQAMP3JR.jpg:small

https://twitter.com/risakibm/status/815211943849906176/photo/1
C1A27zjUsAEyxLV.jpg:small

https://twitter.com/rairaidenki/status/815210896981049345
C1A0rHfVEAAh1Am.jpg:small

FlowersisBritish

Were there any? I thought it was the bare chest in the picture of a doujin. Or the R+18 of said doujin that got you guys all in a huff.

cntr

Banned
I say this a lot, but why haven't they sold an official version of Deku's shoes?! They're infinitely better than, say, a ninja headband, since you can wear them in public and not feel embarrassed. They'll just look like really nice shoes, because that's what they are. They're like Killer Queen ties, except more subtle.

Philippo

Idk man, it'd really love to wear Bakugo's hand granade thing while commuting to work...

And why on earth are they still not selling Al Might branded underwear?

Veedot

So after finishing the anime in one day and seeing that the next arc was a tournament arc, I had no choice but to binge read the whole series. Now that I am caught up dam this series is awesome! Glad I have another shonen to read along with one piece now.

With that heres my pros and cons:

+ I really like Deku he's like Tsuna from reborn but actually grows through the story.

+ The Villains are really cool and interesting, Stain being a stand out.

+ Some characters getting rotated in the spotlight. Its cool seeing side characters like Kirishima and Kaminari get cool moments.

- That being said some of the characters they push i don't really care for. Baku is an asshole, Iida bores me, Shouta is eh.

- Baku, just fuck him

- Ashido needs more screen time dammit

So overall Im enjoying it though im having trouble memorizing names but ill get over that eventually. Also the vigilante spin off story is pretty fun too

cntr

Banned
I really like Bakugou, Todoroki, and Iida, heh, but tastes vary. I hope Ashido gets an arc soon too, but I want that for all the characters. Just have to wait, I guess.

I remember people used to confuse Tsuna and Deku back when the series was starting out, but pfft, nobody does that now. He's a lot more like Sena from Eyeshield 21.

And don't worry about the names, nobody remembered them for the first year of the series run. But you don't need to when you can have goofy nicknames like "Gravity Girl", "Icy Hot", and "Daft Punk"!
I need to find more ways to use "Game of Thrones".

HStallion

I actually like a lot of the female characters more than the male ones. Powers are more interesting and less generic, their designs are often a bit more unique or interesting looking to me, and I just find them a lot more fun to follow.

Top Bottom