• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
dFeC90Q.jpg

Well I meant more like what Hand Job looks like with a hand actually grasping his face.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Iida's panels always make me laugh. From being the only person in class waiting or his sleeping in that stereotypical pajama outfit with hat and sleep bubble hanging out.

TheMasterThief

Neo Member
Just finished catching up with My Hero Academia's manga after watching the anime! I love everything about MHA, including their characters, story, and awesome illustrations. I can't wait to see where the story will go during the second year of UA!

Veelk

Banned
I feel that's less a theory and more of an analysis, but it's a good one.

I hate to be the one to bring up Naruto again, but it serves as a good contrast. I got so sick of the constant ghostly figures of past mentor's appearing behind Naruto, as if it's supposed to be immediately satisfying to see that Naruto is doing the same thing his idols have done.

MHA teaching people that it's great to have idols, but you still need to find your own path is great.

Cerium

Spoilers

The teachers talk about the opening speech, the fight last night and what happens next
Lesson starts for Class A and Tsuyu asks what the hero intern is
It's like a full version of the work experience training they had, but it's voluntary work
Meanwhile Deku is doing muscle training in the dormitory, with no pain in his arms after losing control during the fight
At night the other students come back, Deku asks them what happened during class, but Iida says they aren't allowed to talk
Deku wants to throw away some trash when suddenly the face of a man appears
Man: "It's okay to burn this trash."
Deku: "Ah... yes...?"
Man: "You are a cheerful first grader, aren't you? I was surprised at what you did. It was bad, you know. AHAHAHA!"
Deku: "What is with you?"
Man: "Yeah, i wonder what is with me. What am i doing? Well, you will understand me soon. Anyway, i am fine, for the time being. Things will get interesting."
The face of the man disappears
Deku: "I think i saw him somewhere before..."
Three days later, Deku can leave the dormitory again
The third years appear and explain what the hero intern really is
Among them are the Top 3 of U.A.
The man who talked with Deku who was Nedzu's One For All successor candidate, a woman and a dark/evil looking man
The successor candidate has a face similar to All Might's

Cerium

The main takeaway for me is
the introduction of three new characters, the top 3 ranked students in the school. This includes a boy that Nedzu (the Principal) had proposed as a candidate to inherit OFA from All-Might. As we know, All-Might chose Midoriya instead.

Veelk

Banned
Asui's hands? - Big
Asui's eyes?- Big
Asui's feet?- Big
Asui's legs?- Big
Asui's ____?- Big

You know where I thought this was going because you thought it too.

cntr

Banned
I laughed at the spoilers saying he had an All Might-like face

Clearly they've never played Fallout or read Tintin.

Trojita

I was wondering what Kirishima was looking at. Thought it might have been Bakugou's empty seat. But I rechecked the seat diagram and he was actually looking at Ashido and Tsuyu, because Ashido was being loud of course.

Also Invisible girl got cut off on the right lol.

lol at grape's miniaturization.

Jirou's posture and Tsuyu's inquisitive look :3

Trojita

b0jGbxL.png

I did not expect Madman's face to show up.

Also what does this mean?

9YWUt7Q.png

Hopefully other people haven't figured out the relationship between Deku and All Might

Also, I didn't expect Horikoshi to introduce the top 3 in UA anytime this soon.

So the new kid is a Shadowcat like phaser. Wonder why he is considered at the top. I mean phasers can kill people with their powers, but I wouldn't think the hero society would like that.

TheFlow

Banned
yes! This is a great progress Chapter. we find out more about how the school works, Deku doing his own training, and the big three!

Totally guessing that the
phaser is All Might's son. Shares a lot of features, and would parallel the situation with Shigaraki - All Might has his own relatives who are either hidden or don't even realise they're related to him, to protect them from villains.

cntr

Banned
Hound Dog is amazing.

And All Might's successor candidate not looking like a badass, or even much like All Might, but instead being Vault Boy? I love it.

Top Bottom