• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

Nightbird

I hope there is no anime adaption for a good long time.

Actually, with Shueishas current handling of Animations, I can see an Anime start late next Year (1-2 Months after Chapter 100). Instead of putting out long running series Shounen Jump Titles recently releases Animes in 25 Episode Seasons.

It's out at the usual places. This is the same rule other manga threads work on.

Oh all right, thought there was a special rule for Titles getting a simultaneous release in the US

SalvaPot

It's out at the usual places. This is the same rule other manga threads work on.

Normally we wait for the Shonen Alpha release to remove spoilers, since some read it there, and since its a relatively young manga there is a lot of people that are starting the manga and may read the last few pages to ask questions to decide if they want to pick it up. (Every page has at least 3 or 4 new readers)

I mean, I don´t really mind if you don´t use spoiler tags, since I usually wait after reading the chapter to comment, its just a courtesy to new readers.

dan2026

Actually, with Shueishas current handling of Animations, I can see an Anime start late next Year (1-2 Months after Chapter 100). Instead of putting out long running series Shounen Jump Titles recently releases Animes in 25 Episode Seasons.

As long as it isnt Toei.

Ashodin

nightmare fuel

V3TGVtO.gif

Great chapter. It was nice to see Midoriya using his powers more effectively, but still not as effective in battle as some of his classmates, and, moreover, that he's willing to call for help.

Meffer

Maybe, in my case I think his blood may be something like a tranquilizer that numbs their body.
No he has to be in contact of their blood, not the other way around. So there are two ways to combat him.
AIDS or someone who can HARDEN their body so he can't cut them and draw their blood. *nudge nudge wink wink*

SalvaPot

No he has to be in contact of their blood, not the other way around. So there are two ways to combat him.
AIDS or someone who can HARDEN their body so he can't cut them and draw their blood. *nudge nudge wink wink*

But Deku was not cut, how is it affecting him? I think I am confused, lol.

Dio

Banned
But Deku was not cut, how is it affecting him? I think I am confused, lol.

There were spatters coming off the blade. I assume some of them touched Deku's body, without needing the actual blade to come in contact with his skin.

Fire/Ice dude will probably go Sasuke, and endeavour could possibly be the one that's behind the villains intel.

I've got to say, i love gravity girl. She's a strong and determined female character, and i hope she doesn't go sakura and actually matters later. (She also made me laugh in that part when
her family surprises her with a visit, the way her eyes pull out and her mother puts them back with her finger, lol
)

This isn't a half bad action manga so far. Ditches a few of the cliches that turn me off of most of the genre. Any manga similar to it?

SalvaPot

This isn't a half bad action manga so far. Ditches a few of the cliches that turn me off of most of the genre. Any manga similar to it?

Similar Hero thematic would be One Punch Man, Tiger and Bunny.

Similar shonen format I´ll say Hunter X Hunter, that starts as a fairly standard shonen but turns everything on its head later on, its pretty cool.

Similar Hero thematic would be One Punch Man, Tiger and Bunny.

Similar shonen format I´ll say Hunter X Hunter, that starts as a fairly standard shonen but turns everything on its head later on, its pretty cool.
Always heard about hunter but never actually checked it out, now you've got me curious.

I've said this before in the Manga discussion thread but no one seemed to care: the designs in My Hero are awesome. Everyone has a unique look to them which I appreciate. Stain is a boss.

Always heard about hunter but never actually checked it out, now you've got me curious.
Do it. Hunter x Hunter is too good to pass on. It gave me a feeling that I only got from reading Naruto as a kid. It's awesome.

SalvaPot

I've said this before in the Manga discussion thread but no one seemed to care: the designs in My Hero are awesome. Everyone has a unique look to them which I appreciate. Stain is a boss.

Do it. Hunter x Hunter is too good to pass on. It gave me a feeling that I only got from reading Naruto as a kid. It's awesome.

Yep, the designs are great, I really liked Deku rabbit design, to bad we haven´t seen it that much.

Frog girl is a Top tier design, wait for the anime and the cosplays are going to pour in.

WarRock

I would recommend Onepunch Man, since it kicks cliches and tropes in their balls, and Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer, because one should always recommend Biscuit Hammer.

Maedhros

I would recommend HxH too, if the manga actually had an ending in sight... considering the author, I can't really say that it'll have an ending at all.

SalvaPot

I would recommend HxH too, if the manga actually had an ending in sight... considering the author, I can't really say that it'll have an ending at all.

Well, the ending of the last arc its kind of a ending. I would love to get more but I got some closure.

What's funny about him is that a new Dragon Quest is heavily rumoured to be announced and he is a giant fan. It will probably continue to be known as Hiatus x Hiatus.

Just started and I love it. Reminds me of naruto when it was about hard work and perseverance and not I was the chosen one all along.

Also yes I recommend Hunter x Hunter it's one of the premier shounens in characterization, theme, and plot.

Just started and I love it. Reminds me of naruto when it was about hard work and perseverance and not I was the chosen one all along.

Also yes I recommend Hunter x Hunter it's one of the premier shounens in characterization, theme, and plot.

Not to be that guy, but the main character is kind of a chosen one in the sense that he was chosen to inherit One For All.

He inherits it and proceeds to have to work his ass off to catch up because shit you don't just get super powers and immediately know what to do. I love that, shows that he's not exactly a "special person."

Also you're all lying to yourselves if you think crosshair-eye girl ain't the best.

SalvaPot

Alright, since the manga is getting a popularity contest and we are getting out our opinions on best girl, might as well make a popularity contest too! If you want to participate just post your votes in the following format and I´ll count them up.

Code:
~~~First NeoGAF Popularity Contest for "My Hero Academia".~~~
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

1st place gets five points, second four, third three, fourth two, fifth one, easy stuff.

Deadline would be next sunday midnight pacific time, because why not. You can vote for males too, but why would you do that?

You can put in your votes stuff like pictures, tasteful fanart, whatever just avoid full scans or anything that might violate Da Rules.

Vote Ochako you jerks.

Top Bottom